North East Buses

Full Version: What has amused you/made you laugh today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11 Nov 2017, 2:15 am)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]If they can maintain normal driving then it's trivial. Driving without misdue care and attention/dangerous driving refer to explicitly when you've caused it - rather than showing signs. It's not generally enforced preventatively, especially if you're driving normally.

I don't believe it's a greater risk to the greater public or those being transported.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Just out of interest, can you drive?

What would have happened, for instance, had the driver kept his face covered and Rapidsnap walked into the road, in front of the vehicle?

Covering your face, intentionally, while driving is the same as checking your mobile phone in my book. Your full attention cannot possibly be on the road, and he was almost certainly not thinking about the passengers be was carrying.
I can drive, but from the pictures his face is always somewhat visible.

Hey, where's all the bad press about me car now! Had small things done in the first few months and has continued the streak of a full set of passes with 0 advisories.

(03 Dec 2017, 8:59 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]https://twitter.com/dpenman1874/status/9...0181462016

This has tickled me.

At least they probably made it onto the train without having to tell some old woman to move out the way as she was blocking the door for us to get on the train by shouting for someone who was behind me and about 15 other people, cheers luv, I totally wanted to feel claustrophobic standing next to the toilet for 25 minutes.

Then had the scrum to get on the train home which was delayed by 27 minutes.
http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/bookham-...k-13944979

Saw this on Facebook

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
Google hasn't figured out that I've moved house, yet (we did it yesterday). It's prompting me to hurry up and catch the last bus home - a journey culminating in a trip on the 24, followed by a 37 minute walk.

It's noticed that I make visits to my current address, though
It tells me that I'm currently 10m from that particular address but that I could get there in 3 minutes, by Uber for £3.
(05 Dec 2017, 10:18 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Google hasn't figured out that I've moved house, yet (we did it yesterday). It's prompting me to hurry up and catch the last bus home - a journey culminating in a trip on the 24, followed by a 37 minute walk.

It's noticed that I make visits to my current address, though
It tells me that I'm currently 10m from that particular address but that I could get there in 3 minutes, by Uber for £3.

Everyday is brutal
Now we're being watched by Google

Yeah, I've had them as well whenever I've not been at home on a evening, often get them whenever I go to a gig at the O2 Academy Newcastle. It also seems to like telling me times from bus stops I once used, I looked at the Harrowgate Hill Roundabout stop once and now it pops up every time I go through Harrowgate Hill.
(05 Dec 2017, 10:28 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]" Everyday is brutal
" Now we're being watched by Google

Yeah, I've had them as well whenever I've not been at home on a evening, often get them whenever I go to a gig at the O2 Academy Newcastle. It also seems to like telling me times from bus stops I once used, I looked at the Harrowgate Hill Roundabout stop once and now it pops up every time I go through Harrowgate Hill.

Yet when I was travelling from Thornley to Spenny and back, twice a day, it took about a month before it asked me if I cared about travel times to this place. Then once you say yes, it notices that you stopped about 3' away, so asks you care about travel times to that place, too.

It's like an annoying child, sometimes.

I've got a couple of dozen buses an hour for it to nag me about, now. I could drive murdnonoC crazy with rare and odd workings ;-)
https://www.facebook.com/sirstevotimothy...710126915/

Thomas has really gone to pot!

(04 Dec 2017, 2:25 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]At least they probably made it onto the train without having to tell some old woman to move out the way as she was blocking the door for us to get on the train by shouting for someone who was behind me and about 15 other people, cheers luv, I totally wanted to feel claustrophobic standing next to the toilet for 25 minutes.

Then had the scrum to get on the train home which was delayed by 27 minutes.

But at least you have the satisfaction of knowing who operated your train though.
Unlike the muppet in the tweet.
(07 Dec 2017, 8:19 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]But at least you have the satisfaction of knowing who operated your train though.
Unlike the muppet in the tweet.

Saying that, I was travelling to Preston on New Years Eve last year (for the Preston Bus Olympian Farewell), I had to catch a connecting train at Manchester Victoria (after walking from Piccadilly Station), it was a Northern service so I went to the relevant platform but was confused by the platform being occupied by two conjoined TransPennine Express 185's, turns out it was the train I required, felt so confused!

Worse still the service was splitting at Preston and the old woman sat next to me asked if she was in the right part of the train and I'm like "Umm... I think so..."
The hunt for 6319.
(13 Dec 2017, 4:09 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]The hunt for 6319.

As soon as the first sighting was reported, Chester-le-Street and Newcastle was instantly flooded with enthusiasts wanting to get their first photos and rides on 6319 and my Facebook has been taken over by those photos this afternoon.

I probably could have done the same this afternoon but couldn't be bothered with trying to find it and besides, just about everyone has a photo of it today, so what's the point in another upload of the same thing?  Not like it's going anywhere anytime soon either, Arriva Stockton's Cadets on the other hand... Much sooner claim some last rides on them.
(13 Dec 2017, 4:29 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]As soon as the first sighting was reported, Chester-le-Street and Newcastle was instantly flooded with enthusiasts wanting to get their first photos and rides on 6319 and my Facebook has been taken over by those photos this afternoon.

I probably could have done the same this afternoon but couldn't be bothered with trying to find it and besides, just about everyone has a photo of it today, so what's the point in another upload of the same thing?  Not like it's going anywhere anytime soon either, Arriva Stockton's Cadets on the other hand... Much sooner claim some last rides on them.

I did not know 6319 was out. I was waiting for the bus back to Gateshead and it appeared. A lucky catch. Personally what made me happy today was getting the last of my Christmas shopping.

Charles
I would have gone down to CLS this afternoon to get a photo of 6319 but didn’t see it was out till after 2pm and would’ve been dark by the time I got there and waited for it to appear. Might go tomorrow or Friday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I prob end up photoing it on Friday as I try and hunt down 6070.
(13 Dec 2017, 4:29 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]As soon as the first sighting was reported, Chester-le-Street and Newcastle was instantly flooded with enthusiasts wanting to get their first photos and rides on 6319 and my Facebook has been taken over by those photos this afternoon.

I am surprised you weren't all over it like a rash Jimmi! Big Grin
(13 Dec 2017, 6:26 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]I am surprised you weren't all over it like a rash Jimmi! Big Grin

Haha, I'll be honest I haven't been as fussed about getting photos lately, just been riding around most of the time, never bothered over the recent GNE demo loans, mind I already had photos of them from previous loans in the region. That said however, I will be heading to Manchester and Preston on Saturday for the Leeds - Manchester CityZap and Stagecoach's new E400 MMC's for service X2 but again quite a lot of the day will be for haulage.

May try and squeeze it in at some point within the next week if I can though.

I don't have an issue as such (each to their own), but the chat elsewhere about where it was/where it might be amused me.
It's gonna be around for a good while yet, like you said.
Plenty of time to get photo's or get a ride on it.

Getting the 'first picture', when it's already been photographed more times than Sam Fox's baps...