North East Buses

Full Version: What has amused you/made you laugh today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I mentioned at the time that myself and Mrs C were off to the recording of Chris Ramsey's latest DVD.

I have seen better, but I thought Mrs C would appreciate a copy for Christmas.

We watched it tonight and as I feared, we were caught on camera - on more than one occasion.
With the seats we had, it was inevitable.

Some of his gags had been done earlier in the year at other events he appeared that we attended - such as the olive tree tale.
There were others that were new to us, such as his experience on a plane coming back from Dubai and the one as a sad and lonely kid, were he used to try and befriend adults - like the security guy on the building site he lived on.

Both funny when you hear the full patter.

I wont spoil them. Just incase.
(13 Feb 2016, 11:50 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]I mentioned at the time that myself and Mrs C were off to the recording of Chris Ramsey's latest DVD.

We watched it tonight and as I feared, we were caught on camera - on more than one occasion.

Some of his gags had been done earlier in the year at other events he appeared that we attended - such as the olive tree tale.
There were others that were new to us, such as his experience on a plane coming back from Dubai and the one as a sad and lonely kid, were he used to try and befriend adults - like the security guy on the building site he lived on.

Think I mentioned before that I saw him do a warm up show in Darlington, plus Aycliffe for the previous tour. I also got the DVD for Christmas and enjoyed watching it again, plus the additional show which I hadn't seen before.
(13 Feb 2016, 11:56 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Think I mentioned before that I saw him do a warm up show in Darlington, plus Aycliffe for the previous tour. I also got the DVD for Christmas and enjoyed watching it again, plus the additional show which I hadn't seen before.

We didn't watch the other bit. Will save it for another day. Was the additional stuff any good?

He did two shows that night for the DVD recording but from what we could see, the crowd segments (including the chat with the guy in the crowd) were all from the second session that we were at.

They edited it together well and it was impossible to see where he had made mistakes and they had to re-do a section.
(14 Feb 2016, 9:38 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]We didn't watch the other bit. Will save it for another day. Was the additional stuff any good?

He did two shows that night for the DVD recording but from what we could see, the crowd segments (including the chat with the guy in the crowd) were all from the second session that we were at.

They edited it together well and it was impossible to see where he had made mistakes and they had to re-do a section.

I quite enjoyed the additional show, won't go into it much as I don't want to spoil it.

It's amazing what editing can sometimes do!
(13 Feb 2016, 11:50 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]I mentioned at the time that myself and Mrs C were off to the recording of Chris Ramsey's latest DVD.

After all this time trying to keep your identity a close secret, you and Mrs C could be identified to anybody who has a rough idea of what there looking for all because of a ruddy Comedians DVD [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
(14 Feb 2016, 10:59 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]After all this time trying to keep your identity a close secret, you and Mrs C could be identified to anybody who has a rough idea of what there looking for all because of a ruddy Comedians DVD [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
Think I may watch the DVD again now to see if I can spot him.
(14 Feb 2016, 11:02 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Think I may watch the DVD again now to see if I can spot him.
Keep an eye out for what looks like a gangster and his moll...Possibly a Che Guevara or Fidel Castro lookalike, then get some screenshots and post for us to examine [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
(14 Feb 2016, 10:56 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I quite enjoyed the additional show, won't go into it much as I don't want to spoil it.

It's amazing what editing can sometimes do!

The lego screen didn't always translate too well.
Which is a shame as close up, it was really good.

(14 Feb 2016, 10:59 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]After all this time trying to keep your identity a close secret, you and Mrs C could be identified to anybody who has a rough idea of what there looking for all because of a ruddy Comedians DVD [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

I'm a media whore Fozz. What can I say? Radio and TV.
There was the crowd shots of the Gateshead end at West Brom last Jan - where Adam and Lee Calder appeared as well.
Mrs C has been on telly often too.
Implementing policy and procedure during the day is never the most exciting, so what better way to amuse myself, than reading the discussion about the 'Park Lane consultation' in early Novenber 14.

Perked me up no end!
Mother in law is going to have to relinquish her car, next week, as it's a motability vehicle for father in law.

She was talking to Husband and his sister about sorting herself out with a bus pass, this evening. Sister in law was horrified. Mother in law can not possibly go catching buses. They're full of unsupervised teenage boys who go around beating people up, apparently!
(18 Feb 2016, 9:17 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Mother in law is going to have to relinquish her car, next week, as it's a motability vehicle for father in law.

She was talking to Husband and his sister about sorting herself out with a bus pass, this evening. Sister in law was horrified. Mother in law can not possibly go catching buses. They're full of unsupervised teenage boys who go around beating people up, apparently!

hahaha....so that is what big'un gets up to then  Tongue
(18 Feb 2016, 9:44 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]hahaha....so that is what big'un gets up to then  Tongue

Yep, he goes around, tormenting OAPs, by looking at their feet funny over the top of his notebook Big Grin

Husband did point out that I'd been out with my our not far from teenage boys, today, all the way to the Metrocentre and back and no one got beaten up, anywhere. (Though a few people were tempted to have a go at the eejit sat in their car on doulbe yellows at the bus stop outside Debenhams, refusing to move, even after the driver got out and had a word - one of the passengers needing to get off was disabled and had to climb down because he couldn't get to the kerb. Good case for buses to be fitted with dash cams, if they're not already).
(18 Feb 2016, 11:27 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Yep, he goes around, tormenting OAPs, by looking at their feet funny over the top of his notebook Big Grin

Husband did point out that I'd been out with my our not far from teenage boys, today, all the way to the Metrocentre and back and no one got beaten up, anywhere. (Though a few people were tempted to have a go at the eejit sat in their car on doulbe yellows at the bus stop outside Debenhams, refusing to move, even after the driver got out and had a word - one of the passengers needing to get off was disabled and had to climb down because he couldn't get to the kerb. Good case for buses to be fitted with dash cams, if they're not already).

They are  Smile
There's a take away shop in Wallsend called "OiOi."
Made me laugh earlier to see a 'photographer' in Guisborough playing hide and seek tying to get a photo of my bus from behind a parked van?!
The 'photographer' in question was actually get himself into position for his next shot (slightly early), but this is a funny looking van personally

[attachment=7630]
(20 Feb 2016, 5:08 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]There's a take away shop in Wallsend called "OiOi."

I've been
Saltmeadows managed to put a sticker on 6301 upside down.
(01 Mar 2016, 8:22 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Saltmeadows managed to put a sticker on 6301 upside down.
I find it more laughable that the branding covers the side destination screen.
[Image: b6592ffbbe1df8db82dd9598e4fd1570.jpg]
(01 Mar 2016, 8:22 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Saltmeadows managed to put a sticker on 6301 upside down.

Where?