North East Buses

Full Version: What's annoying you today? V2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(21 Aug 2014, 8:51 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]That's cool, you must have a good brain mate...One thing I do know, the education will be the best you could probably get

The way he structures and words his posts alone tells you he's a bright guy! Wink
(21 Aug 2014, 8:58 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]The way he structures and words his posts alone tells you he's a bright guy! Wink

Yep definitely, must say one thing Marcus, it is a hell of a chance he has by going there, a chance I ended up blowing big time...

Out of interest Dan, what A-Levels you takin g
(21 Aug 2014, 9:42 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]Yep definitely, must say one thing Marcus, it is a hell of a chance he has by going there, a chance I ended up blowing big time...

Out of interest Dan, what A-Levels you takin g
Heheh! Tongue

As I still have no idea what I want to do in life, I've played by my strengths and decided to take the subjects I was predicted an A* at at GCSE: English, Media Studies, Business Studies and ICT.

I've been told that I'm taking 'easy A Levels' by studying Media and ICT, but at the end of the day, I enjoy both of those subjects, so I'm more likely to achieve good grades in them.
(22 Aug 2014, 5:18 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Heheh! Tongue

As I still have no idea what I want to do in life, I've played by my strengths and decided to take the subjects I was predicted an A* at at GCSE: English, Media Studies, Business Studies and ICT.

I've been told that I'm taking 'easy A Levels' by studying Media and ICT, but at the end of the day, I enjoy both of those subjects, so I'm more likely to achieve good grades in them.

I got that old chestnut when I did performing arts...Why would I do an academic subject when I am not good at academics...Stick to your strengths mate and excel at what your good at...best of luck to you...

To paraphrase Lord Nelson

Mista Fozz expects Dan to do his duty Tongue
It really annoys me when enthusiasts seemingly pretend they know something, and end up giving out untrue information which others in turn then believe.
Also when "I'm told" proceeds this utter bull, to make it seem like they have contacts within the company who are telling them this factual information.
I'm confused why people even do it, because when the complete opposite happens or they are proven wrong, they end up looking like bellends!

I shall bite my tongue and avoid questioning statements that have been made...
(22 Aug 2014, 4:05 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It really annoys me when enthusiasts seemingly pretend they know something, and end up giving out untrue information which others in turn then believe.
Also when "I'm told" proceeds this utter bull, to make it seem like they have contacts within the company who are telling them this factual information.
I'm confused why people even do it, because when the complete opposite happens or they are proven wrong, they end up looking like bellends!

It's even more annoying when you have counter information that you know is true - suppose it's fun watching them make an arse of themselves.
(22 Aug 2014, 4:05 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It really annoys me when enthusiasts seemingly pretend they know something, and end up giving out untrue information which others in turn then believe.

Yep. Its always been the case too, and I really can't understand it. I always remember going out for the Scania demonstrator that was used on the 21/22 years ago, and being told by an enthusiast that it had been sent back. Complete rubbish as it turned out to be.

More lately though I had a kid on the Citaro demonstrator telling me they'd ordered a load of B5TLs for the Toon Link. 2 and 2 together and coming up with 78932962.
Something I seen earlier that I despise like nothing else. People standing smoking whilst young children wait in the pram with no choice. I'm all for grown adults killing themselves if they choose to smoke their life away, but to do it to an innocent child is selfish and inexcusable.
(22 Aug 2014, 5:38 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Something I seen earlier that I despise like nothing else. People standing smoking whilst young children wait in the pram with no choice. I'm all for grown adults killing themselves if they choose to smoke their life away, but to do it to an innocent child is selfish and inexcusable.

Smoking in cars with young children is unnacceptable too. I'm lucky none of my family smoke!
(22 Aug 2014, 5:36 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Yep. Its always been the case too, and I really can't understand it. I always remember going out for the Scania demonstrator that was used on the 21/22 years ago, and being told by an enthusiast that it had been sent back. Complete rubbish as it turned out to be.

More lately though I had a kid on the Citaro demonstrator telling me they'd ordered a load of B5TLs for the Toon Link. 2 and 2 together and coming up with 78932962.

I remember getting so annoyed at the Metrocentre rally earlier this year.

One guy was telling everyone (who was seemingly believing him) that Go North East were going to be getting some ex-London Geminis during the summer to replace all of the Olympians and Volvo B7TLs. This came from the same guy who told me, in April 2013, that Go North East had ordered some Volvo B9TLs for the Prince Bishops and they were being built as we spoke. I'm still waiting to see them...

Mind boggling...
This is very true, they are buying ADL E400H MMC for the 21/X21 [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]
(22 Aug 2014, 7:48 pm)mrnut85 wrote [ -> ]This is very true, they are buying ADL E400H MMC for the 21/X21 [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

Don't joke - I'm still waiting to see this Enviro400 demonstrator which is due for the X21............
(22 Aug 2014, 6:11 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I remember getting so annoyed at the Metrocentre rally earlier this year.

One guy was telling everyone (who was seemingly believing him) that Go North East were going to be getting some ex-London Geminis during the summer to replace all of the Olympians and Volvo B7TLs. This came from the same guy who told me, in April 2013, that Go North East had ordered some Volvo B9TLs for the Prince Bishops and they were being built as we spoke. I'm still waiting to see them...

Mind boggling...

But as we all know, plans change Wink
(22 Aug 2014, 7:55 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]But as we all know, plans change Wink

I think that's what people think they can always fall back on...

Imagine if the management of these companies were actually so dim-witted and thought they could just pull this money out of their back pockets!
What cant be classed as a rumour is when the whole 'West Durham Swift' to be upgraded to Volvo B9TL Wright Gemini 2s. And yes, i do have proof for this :p

In the January 2012 edition of 'Buses' magazine there was a whole article on Go North East (titled 'Angel of the North', from the late Peter Huntley was managing director. Located under the 'Cascades and SimpliCity' subheading is the following:

"Investment in key corridors has delivered impressive growth and has been refined to the point where Huntley says capital investment in one corridor can be justified not just on the growth it will generate there byt on what can be achieved by cascading and refurbishing two more sets of buses to reinvigorate less busy rutes with their own modest growth potential."

All this is good. Its from the next sentence where my point gets proven:

"A case in this point is the West Durham Swift network linking relatively cheap housing in Lanchester, Consett and Stanley with jobs in Gateshead and Newcastle. This has grown by over 20% since its launch with new Scania OmniCity single-deckers in 2007 and will be upgraded next year with new Wright-bodied Volvo B9TL double-deckers, which will remove the need for extra peak hour single-deckers. Double-deckers are the only cost-effective way of handling growth in the peaks."

Then it goes onto what was supposed to happen with the Scanias:

"Some of the displaced Scanias will be refurbished to upgrade the Lime branded 78 route between Consett and Sunderland in turn moving older Wright-bodied Volvo B10BLEs to replace less reliable lighter weight single-deckers elsewhere.

As we know, Peter Huntley left and was replaced. These plans then went out the window when the new managing director came in for whatever reason and quite frankly would have ruined hopes of people that use these routes as they instead of getting an upgrade, stuck with the buses they had and in the WDS networks case, got older buses that are no where near as luxurious as the Scanias that had proceeded them.
(22 Aug 2014, 8:38 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]What cant be classed as a rumour is when the whole 'West Durham Swift' to be upgraded to Volvo B9TL Wright Gemini 2s. And yes, i do have proof for this :p

In the January 2012 edition of 'Buses' magazine there was a whole article on Go North East (titled 'Angel of the North', from the late Peter Huntley was managing director. Located under the 'Cascades and SimpliCity' subheading is the following:

"Investment in key corridors has delivered impressive growth and has been refined to the point where Huntley says capital investment in one corridor can be justified not just on the growth it will generate there byt on what can be achieved by cascading and refurbishing two more sets of buses to reinvigorate less busy rutes with their own modest growth potential."

All this is good. Its from the next sentence where my point gets proven:

"A case in this point is the West Durham Swift network linking relatively cheap housing in Lanchester, Consett and Stanley with jobs in Gateshead and Newcastle. This has grown by over 20% since its launch with new Scania OmniCity single-deckers in 2007 and will be upgraded next year with new Wright-bodied Volvo B9TL double-deckers, which will remove the need for extra peak hour single-deckers. Double-deckers are the only cost-effective way of handling growth in the peaks."

Then it goes onto what was supposed to happen with the Scanias:

"Some of the displaced Scanias will be refurbished to upgrade the Lime branded 78 route between Consett and Sunderland in turn moving older Wright-bodied Volvo B10BLEs to replace less reliable lighter weight single-deckers elsewhere.

As we know, Peter Huntley left and was replaced. These plans then went out the window when the new managing director came in for whatever reason and quite frankly would have ruined hopes of people that use these routes as they instead of getting an upgrade, stuck with the buses they had and in the WDS networks case, got older buses that are no where near as luxurious as the Scanias that had proceeded them.

How does the X30/X31 do? Not many people on yesterday until East Stanley, but there was a queue waiting for it heading to Lanchester.
(22 Aug 2014, 9:08 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]How does the X30/X31 do? Not many people on yesterday until East Stanley, but there was a queue waiting for it heading to Lanchester.

When they stuck the Rxxx FNW Dafs on, it won awards/recognition for it being one of the fastest growing services in the country!
There were press releases done at the time.
(22 Aug 2014, 9:13 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]When they stuck the Rxxx FNW Dafs on, it won awards/recognition for it being one of the fastest growing services in the country!
There were press releases done at the time.

In it's defence, I did see a ex-London President heading in the opposite direction at Gateshead with a very few amount of seats yet.
(22 Aug 2014, 9:08 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]How does the X30/X31 do? Not many people on yesterday until East Stanley, but there was a queue waiting for it heading to Lanchester.

It varies, they obviously monitor loadings pretty carefully across the X30/X31/X70/X71 so they know what boards to allocate the Omnicities to and what boards to allocate the Presidents to. I think it should go back to full decker operation but again but maybe not new vehicles yet. See how well the services cope and see where things go from there.
(22 Aug 2014, 9:19 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]In it's defence, I did see a ex-London President heading in the opposite direction at Gateshead with a very few amount of seats yet.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/65726

Not as militant, but just as determined!