North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08 Jan 2014, 6:50 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]That's it?, thought more would of being out by now, hopefully more out tomorrow

Were all due to be out by today (after the very many previous date pushbacks), but it seems that hasn't happened.

End of January for the Cobalts, maybe? Wink
(08 Jan 2014, 6:48 pm)gtomlinson wrote [ -> ]We all had to opt in or out of them when we signed up through work. All of us got them this morning.

I'm orchestrating a mass 'get rid of those 2 middle aged chavs from Metro Radio on the Angel' campaign Big Grin

Alas...GNE seem intent on asking me about bright upholstery and CCTV

If only. I'm all for next stop announcements, but can someone tell me why the iBus announcements TFL use aren't sufficient for the north east? Surely there are better ways of making money through advertising than having two loudmouthes disrupting peoples journeys to work. Sad
(08 Jan 2014, 6:52 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Were all due to be out by today (after the very many previous date pushbacks), but it seems that hasn't happened.

Wonder why, all of them have arrived, maybe their waiting till Monday?

If the Cobalts aren't out till then, that's also daft for the ones being here a while...
(08 Jan 2014, 6:52 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Were all due to be out by today (after the very many previous date pushbacks), but it seems that hasn't happened.

Do you know if 6099 or 6100 have been on the road yet? Not seen any photos surprisingly, so I'd assume not.
(08 Jan 2014, 7:01 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Do you know if 6099 or 6100 have been on the road yet? Not seen any photos surprisingly, so I'd assume not.

Don't even think they're at Deptford yet. Possibly waiting all documentation to be fully taxed etc so they don't have to be moved on red plates. Kept indoors at SMR afaik.
(08 Jan 2014, 7:03 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Don't even think they're at Deptford yet. Possibly waiting all documentation to be fully taxed etc so they don't have to be moved on red plates. Kept indoors at SMR afaik.

Wonder if that's the reason why the others aren't out yet
2 Silver B9's in the Riverside Depot today by Costco appeared to have drivers who were practicing reversing.

Loading up the car with Mrs GT and was captivated by them reversing out of a parking spot, going back into it and repeating constantly
(08 Jan 2014, 7:06 pm)gtomlinson wrote [ -> ]2 Silver B9's in the Riverside Depot today by Costco appeared to have drivers who were practicing reversing.

Loading up the car with Mrs GT and was captivated by them reversing out of a parking spot, going back into it and repeating constantly

That's what happens when you are stuck driving Renowns with a broken reverse on the 2a/2c!
(08 Jan 2014, 7:04 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Wonder if that's the reason why the others aren't out yet

I know why they aren't out Tongue
(08 Jan 2014, 7:45 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]I know why they aren't out Tongue

Only thing I can think of is that they are getting the WiFi sorted out before entering service to reduce the chance of Spares been used.
(08 Jan 2014, 7:45 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]I know why they aren't out Tongue

Maybe its the tax,like Dan saidTongue
(08 Jan 2014, 7:10 pm)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]That's what happens when you are stuck driving Renowns with a broken reverse on the 2a/2c!

Big Grin

Mrs GT's assesment of the Riverside Depot was that its very handily placed to get a fresh chicken or speciality cake from Costco
(08 Jan 2014, 7:58 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Maybe its the tax,like Dan saidTongue

Tongue Don't quote me on that one! I just guessed!
(08 Jan 2014, 6:23 pm)busman101 wrote [ -> ]Have you been on the drink ?

Anyway, the 71 will always remain high on the agenda !!!

Just having a tipple or two now.

Where has Fozz's bookies gone? Will stick a tenner on the 71 not staying in its current guise beyond the summer!

It is dying a slow death out there.
(08 Jan 2014, 8:00 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Tongue Don't quote me on that one! I just guessed!

I am Tongue
(08 Jan 2014, 7:04 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Wonder if that's the reason why the others aren't out yet

A selection of Cobalt Clipper B9s that I've checked would indicate that all appear to be all taxed. The two red spares for the Fab Fifty Six don't exist on the enquiry system though, so I'd assume they're not.

You can check here if anyone is interested.
(08 Jan 2014, 8:01 pm)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Just having a tipple or two now.

Where has Fozz's bookies gone? Will stick a tenner on the 71 not staying in its current guise beyond the summer!

It is dying a slow death out there.

The 71 seems to be getting worse by peoples comments, i think they should of kept it to going to Sunderland but maybe a different way?

Wanna stick a tenner on them changing North Sunderland in 6 months to?
(08 Jan 2014, 8:09 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]The 71 seems to be getting worse by peoples comments

Might as well just get rid of it then!
(08 Jan 2014, 8:09 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]The 71 seems to be getting worse by peoples comments, i think they should of kept it to going to Sunderland but maybe a different way?

Wanna stick a tenner on them changing North Sunderland in 6 months to?

Already put my tenner on the next North Sunderland changes being by the summer!
I initially said the next lot of changes would be announced today, but that one has been and gone Wink
(08 Jan 2014, 8:08 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]A selection of Cobalt Clipper B9s that I've checked would indicate that all appear to be all taxed. The two red spares for the Fab Fifty Six don't exist on the enquiry system though, so I'd assume they're not.

You can check here if anyone is interested.

Lol, done a random search 'NL63 YAY' which I believe is red versa 5390 and it came up as been Orange. Big Grin