North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09 Jan 2014, 11:44 am)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Newcastle - Houghton is an hour (give or take a few mins) anyway on the x1 and was before then on the 21a and x94.

But you did get to experience the journey on luxury vehicles. DAF's, Optare Excels and those Wright Dennis Lance beauties.

To travel on those was pure luxury.
(09 Jan 2014, 1:23 pm)gtomlinson wrote [ -> ]But you did get to experience the journey on luxury vehicles. DAF's, Optare Excels and those Wright Dennis Lance beauties.

To travel on those was pure luxury.

The Sxxx ONL and Pxxx AFT DAF's were still about when I used the 21a, but the Excels and Lances were long gone.
Had the treat of a Trident or President if I had been a good lad!
Never much legroom on the front upstairs seat of the Tridents though.
GNE have updated their Sunderland changes with a picture of the X36 fast cats + their weekly pass offer, it can also be used on the X3
(06 Jan 2014, 10:47 pm)CatsFast101 wrote [ -> ]What is the usual allocation for that? I don't the PVR of the X1 to know if there's an Red Arrows bus spare during daytime or what not?

PVR of 14 if I've worked it out right.

Am I right in thinking the peak board runs the 0703 from Easington Lane (arr 0818) then some works/schools then 1110 921, before the afternoon includes the 90 that they run before running to Newcastle to do the 1708 X1 (or 1715?)
6087 has ventured out onto the 56 today. Also seen 6093,6095,6096 and 6098 in service too.
(09 Jan 2014, 2:32 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]GNE have updated their Sunderland changes with a picture of the X36 fast cats + their weekly pass offer, it can also be used on the X3

http://www.simplygo.com/news/sunderland-...-2014/#x36

Should of included the X35 in within that price of 15.60 weekly saver lol, cheaper than Arriva between Hartlepool and Sunderland
(09 Jan 2014, 4:00 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]http://www.simplygo.com/news/sunderland-...-2014/#x36

Should of included the X35 in within that price of 15.60 weekly saver lol, cheaper than Arriva between Hartlepool and Sunderland

Probley's mean it would be higher in price but then again its a cheap ticket, it includes the most pointless service ever!

Would of being good, being able to from Hartlepool to Newcastle at once (expect you would of had to get off for the layover) for £15.60, would of being well worth it and could of got some of the Arriva passengers to!
(09 Jan 2014, 1:17 pm)CatsFast101 wrote [ -> ]About time GNE put the new 29 timetable online isn't it? Plus the 39/49/56/10 timetables need to be put up!

And we still wait... -.-
(09 Jan 2014, 4:24 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Probley's mean it would be higher in price but then again its a cheap ticket, it includes the most pointless service ever!

Would of being good, being able to from Hartlepool to Newcastle at once (expect you would of had to get off for the layover) for £15.60, would of being well worth it and could of got some of the Arriva passengers to!

That's why GNE should introduce a new X8 between Sland and Hartlepool Wink
Sorry if it's been mentioned, haven't read posts today...

8222 was taken away by Alpha today, as shown in the photograph shared by Steve Foster below:
[Image: 1497799_10151825678916573_2105869363_n.jpg]
(09 Jan 2014, 4:43 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Sorry if it's been mentioned, haven't read posts today...

8222 was taken away by Alpha today, as shown in the photograph shared by Steve Foster below:
[Image: 1497799_10151825678916573_2105869363_n.jpg]

haha adios!!
(09 Jan 2014, 4:45 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]haha adios!!

8222 was the best one! Alongside 8289. Tongue
I hope the 27 will get scaina omnicity or omnicity dd with euro6 engine.
(09 Jan 2014, 4:59 pm)Panasonic44 wrote [ -> ]I hope the 27 will get scaina omnicity or omnicity dd with euro6 engine.

It's on the list of buses predicted for new buses this year, it looks like decker's nothing confirmed what they are.

Would like GNE to get Omnicity DD's though (Not them ones we are all thinking of!)
(09 Jan 2014, 4:59 pm)Panasonic44 wrote [ -> ]I hope the 27 will get scaina omnicity or omnicity dd with euro6 engine.

OmniCitys no longer exist at Euro6 and their replacement (the Citywide) isn't available in the UK.
(09 Jan 2014, 6:38 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]OmniCitys no longer exist at Euro6 and their replacement (the Citywide) isn't available in the UK.

=(, that's a shame, i like the Omnicity's
Just in case anyone is Interested here my FAB56 Photos from Today
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...592289575/

And just a side note after Speaking to an Older Bus Enthusiast, I was asked if the Cobalt Clipper B9's were to be sent back to Wrightbus due having the Wrong Destination Screens or Something, This first I have heard of this Rumour, Could be the Reason why the FAB's are Slowly Entering Service at Deptford, Any of the GNE Reps on here provide any Information into what I was told.
(09 Jan 2014, 6:58 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote [ -> ]And just a side note after Speaking to an Older Bus Enthusiast, I was asked if the Cobalt Clipper B9's were to be sent back to Wrightbus due having the Wrong Destination Screens or Something, This first I have heard of this Rumour, Could be the Reason why the FAB's are Slowly Entering Service at Deptford, Any of the GNE Reps on here provide any Information into what I was told.

That's a new one, not sure on why they are taking so long to enter service Undecided
(09 Jan 2014, 6:58 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote [ -> ]And just a side note after Speaking to an Older Bus Enthusiast, I was asked if the Cobalt Clipper B9's were to be sent back to Wrightbus due having the Wrong Destination Screens or Something, This first I have heard of this Rumour, Could be the Reason why the FAB's are Slowly Entering Service at Deptford, Any of the GNE Reps on here provide any Information into what I was told.

The buses are not getting sent back, but the rear destinations are getting changed. They have been fitted with a number only (like the rest of the B9's), however they should have been fitted like the B&H examples. This is not the reason why the Fab56's have been slow to get on the road thou.
(09 Jan 2014, 6:38 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]OmniCitys no longer exist at Euro6 and their replacement (the Citywide) isn't available in the UK.

Citywide looks like one of those plastic buses you bought as a kid

[Image: Scania_Citywide_2.jpgb0c226f4-5799-480f-...4Large.jpg]