North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12 Jan 2014, 10:10 pm)ADLEnviro wrote [ -> ]Are you also including second hand vehicles, SNE 10000. GNE ex London Bendis, ex Arriva MPDs, the ex Nothumbria Coaches thing ay Hexham and the current second hand citaro's on the 309 ?????

The Arriva MPDs have all gone and were pre 2000.
There were only a few transferred with the Renowns.

Cant remember the age of the two ex Redby MPDs off the top of my head either.
Redby MPDs are 55 plates so were new in late 2005 / early 2006.

GNE aquired them 2007 I think.
(12 Jan 2014, 10:10 pm)ADLEnviro wrote [ -> ]Are you also including second hand vehicles, SNE 10000. GNE ex London Bendis, ex Arriva MPDs, the ex Nothumbria Coaches thing ay Hexham and the current second hand citaro's on the 309 ?????

Yes. I said I had included second hand vehicles for ease more than anything.
Going by fleet age as opposed to pure investment.
The X35 has changed to advisory on their app, just some one was asking if it follwed real time.

The prince bishop, laser and faats are delayed due to incident between houghton and the A19.
Theirs one scania on the 56 today ,5207, just passed hylton college, heading to Newcastle, seen at least 4 deckers out, all heading for park lane.

Thats just what iv'e seen in 20mins, they seem to be running in 2's
Fleet list updated on GNE. Only movements are MPDs and DAFs sold. Hasn't even said about the other B9s entering service. 5210 on 20A this morning

Edit - just been update stating which B9s are in service
Noticed that one of the Olympians at Stanley has the new 'NOT IN SERVICE' display.
(13 Jan 2014, 4:16 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote [ -> ]Noticed that one of the Olympians at Stanley has the new 'NOT IN SERVICE' display.

3829 does, possibly others too.
Because of gas main replacement works in central Corbridge, the Ten buses are not crossing the bridge into Corbridge but are waiting at the stops on the south side of the river.

There are excellent printed notices outlining this arrangement - on the buses!
There are no notices on the two stops in Corbridge that are not being served, so no information to would-be passengers that they should walk across the bridge or catch the X84/X85 (or the 685).

I have had to redirect several disappointed people who were waiting in vain for the Tens to appear, including an elderly lady that I told to catch the 687 to Hexham in order to catch the Ten towards Newcastle.
There was no way that she could have crossed the river in time to catch the Ten that hadn't appeared in central Corbridge.

Angry
(13 Jan 2014, 4:21 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]Because of gas main replacement works in central Corbridge, the Ten buses are not crossing the bridge into Corbridge but are waiting at the stops on the south side of the river.

There are excellent printed notices outlining this arrangement - on the buses!
There are no notices on the two stops in Corbridge that are not being served, so no information to would-be passengers that they should walk across the bridge or catch the X84/X85 (or the 685).

I have had to redirect several disappointed people who were waiting in vain for the Tens to appear, including an elderly lady that I told to catch the 687 to Hexham in order to catch the Ten towards Newcastle.
There was no way that she could have crossed the river in time to catch the Ten that hadn't appeared in central Corbridge.

Angry

Isnt the local council for the area that supposed to be putting notices up at bus stops in Corbridge, at lease GNE have done their bit by putting notices up on their buses that run the services in that area. GNE has no obligation to put notices at those bus stops, its up to the council, same go as timetables at bus stops.
(13 Jan 2014, 4:36 pm)ADLEnviro wrote [ -> ]Quote taken from simplygo.com.

Service 78 the journey departing Sunderland at 1608 will operate two minutes later between Sunderland and Chester le Street and three minutes later between Chester le Street and Durham

Then did this journey start going to Durham????

No, they either mean Stanley or Consett, never went to Durham. Or at least I don't think so anyway as the only Lime service that went to Durham was the 15/15A but that's not part of the Lime group anymore so no lime services go to Durham. Completely going off topic here I know Tongue
does anyone know the reg plates of final 4 gemini's at percy main 2 cobalt clipper and 2 red ones?
(13 Jan 2014, 4:59 pm)Bazza Houston wrote [ -> ]does anyone know the reg plates of final 4 gemini's at percy main 2 cobalt clipper and 2 red ones?

Only one is known presently, which I posted yesterday:
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...hp?tid=475&pid=26278#pid26278

CatsFast101

If 14 B9's are now in service as the fleet allocation suggests, then there should of been only 1 Solar on today? Making it almost a fully decker.
(13 Jan 2014, 4:46 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Isn't the local council for the area that supposed to be putting notices up at bus stops in Corbridge, at lease GNE have done their bit by putting notices up on their buses that run the services in that area. GNE has no obligation to put notices at those bus stops, its up to the council, same go as timetables at bus stops.

The proposal was that buses would continue to serve central Corbridge using Front Street as an alternative to Middle Street (as other traffic is doing), however at the last minute we have heard that buses will not cross the river.

As GNE have printed notices for all of the relevant buses (Tens, X84/X85 and 687), two extra copies for the affected bus stops would seem no problem. Huh
(13 Jan 2014, 5:12 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]The proposal was that buses would continue to serve central Corbridge using Front Street as an alternative to Middle Street (as other traffic is doing), however at the last minute we have heard that buses will not cross the river.

As GNE have printed notices for all of the relevant buses (Tens, X84/X85 and 687), two extra copies for the affected bus stops would seem no problem. Huh

The council should of been out there putting posters on revelant bus stops, this is what happens when things gets changed at short notice.
On the 56, im on 6093 and it has a problem.. keeps saying

Stop operating
(13 Jan 2014, 5:20 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]The council should of been out there putting posters on revelant bus stops, this is what happens when things gets changed at short notice.

As much as it is the council's responsibility for bus stop posters and timetables, a little bit of good PR/customer service would see GNE putting their own posters up to take care of their own passengers. Stagecoach used to do this in Stockton when major disruption took place.
(13 Jan 2014, 5:51 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]As much as it is the council's responsibility for bus stop posters and timetables, a little bit of good PR/customer service would see GNE putting their own posters up to take care of their own passengers. Stagecoach used to do this in Stockton when major disruption took place.

I do some consultancy work and we have an office in Corbridge and we got a letter from the council and another from Go North East.

Would assume others got them in the area?
Looks like GNE have finally launched their centenary book - http://www.simplygo.com/news/north-east-...-for-kids/. The fact it's a children's book came as a bit of a surprise, as I seem to remember them advertising that it was going to be a bit of a history book. Convinced I had got the wrong end of the stick, I went to dig around to see what was originally posted, and found this - http://www.simplygo.com/news/sunderland-...ook-stars/

Does anyone know if this is a change of plan? Or whether a second book is planned to be released?