North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(17 Jan 2014, 2:28 pm)eezypeazy wrote [ -> ]Just a wild guess, but could 5210 be 8228's replacement at Hexham?

Gold star for you Wink
For anyone who follows my photostream on Flickr, you'll have seen an earlier hint that 3812 was soon to be sold.
This is now the case, as 3812 has been sold to Ensign Bus - as seen here.

On another note, Go North East have uploaded some photographs of some 'groovy chicks' on roller skates helping out with some #Fab56 promotion - see photo set here.

CatsFast101

X21 is becoming tedious now, Lime, WTX, Pronto, Cadets, MPDs, tridents are all starting to become unreliable and GNE are continually investing in this. 260 news buses from 2013-2015 isn't it? That's not bad by any stretch. I'm sure the company are aware and something will be done soon.

Question how many journeys are affected or don't run on X21? Really it shouldn't happen all too often with there depots on route, Crook (granted only 1 spare), Chester and Gateshead. Breakdowns at any point should hopefully be replaced pronto!
Whereas other services like X7 breakdowns South of Peterlee are hard to find a replacement for (especially the only spare vehicle at Peterlee is 1 MPD) and the next closet depots been deptford.

Certain people seem to have a slight bee in there bonnet as WTX appears to be getting a upgrade over the Pronto. I guarantee the same people (aswell as other passengers) would of complained about the X21 becoming a single decker operation.
(17 Jan 2014, 4:35 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]For anyone who follows my photostream on Flickr, you'll have seen an earlier hint that 3812 was soon to be sold.
This is now the case, as 3812 has been sold to Ensign Bus - as seen here.

Boooooooo!
Fab56 promotion in Sunderland tomorrow, between 1000 and 1730 outside of Burger King for anyone interested.
(17 Jan 2014, 6:37 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Fab56 promotion in Sunderland tomorrow, between 1000 and 1730 outside of Burger King for anyone interested.

Might be going to Carlisle tomorrow so i'll miss it!

Iv'e being on them 4 times and i'm still not convinced to why i don't like them lol
(17 Jan 2014, 2:02 pm)fozzovmurton wrote [ -> ]Saw 5210 in bright yellow, what brand is it going to?

Tynedale Links to replace SPD 8228 which is going to be withdrawn the last of the route branded darts as its sisters are all Northern branded ones anyways 8299 is now lilac as is 8300

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/11999142485/ - 8299
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/119...otostream/ -8300

has anybody noted this?
(17 Jan 2014, 6:37 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Fab56 promotion in Sunderland tomorrow, between 1000 and 1730 outside of Burger King for anyone interested.

would have gone but am at a Sunderland A.F.C match there at home to Southampton but if they were away i would have more than likely went

I might go!
(17 Jan 2014, 6:40 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Might be going to Carlisle tomorrow so i'll miss it!

Iv'e being on them 4 times and i'm still not convinced to why i don't like them lol

I love them, me. So much warmer than the Solars! The perks of Wi-Fi and power sockets are great too. The ride is a hell of a lot smoother as well.

(17 Jan 2014, 6:48 pm)Bazza Houston wrote [ -> ]http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/11999142485/ - 8299
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/119...otostream/ -8300

has anybody noted this?

Both were noted in the news.

(17 Jan 2014, 6:49 pm)Bazza Houston wrote [ -> ]would have gone but am at a Sunderland A.F.C match there at home to Southampton but if they were away i would have more than likely went

A shame you won't be present! Hopefully you'll catch another promotional event though.

(17 Jan 2014, 6:59 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]I might go!

That Northern Rail service you spoke of earlier will take you right there! Wink
(17 Jan 2014, 7:18 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I love them, me. So much warmer than the Solars! The perks of Wi-Fi and power sockets are great too. The ride is a hell of a lot smoother as well.

I like the sockets etc and i agree their warmer but some reason i still don't like them
(17 Jan 2014, 7:20 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I like the sockets etc and i agree their warmer but some reason i still don't like them

You must be missing the squeaks and rattles of the former allocation! Wink

Speaking of which, 5207 has now arrived at Saltmeadows for a black repaint.
(17 Jan 2014, 7:20 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]You must be missing the squeaks and rattles of the former allocation! Wink

Undecided it might be that! I really like the solar's though

least we don't have to suffer from the Vykings on the 56 from now on!
Was anyone photographing by the Angel at about 3.30pm today?

4 Hybrids on the Angel headed Northbound in convoy (I luckily was on the one that ran regulated and got home in record time) as a result of roadworks in Birtley.

Photographer wearing an orange mac thing (looked North Face) with a black beanie took photos from the Angel car park. Looked about 20-ish
(17 Jan 2014, 7:18 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I love them, me. So much warmer than the Solars! The perks of Wi-Fi and power sockets are great too. The ride is a hell of a lot smoother as well.

Both were noted in the news.

A shame you won't be present! Hopefully you'll catch another promotional event though.

That Northern Rail service you spoke of earlier will take you right there! Wink

I'll get the Northern Rail there (I'm leaving Metrocentre), then X3 back Wink
(17 Jan 2014, 7:24 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Undecided it might be that! I really like the solar's though

least we don't have to suffer from the Vykings on the 56 from now on!

I was just about to suggest something along the lines of what Dan suggested.
Never been on the 56 Geminis, but have used other Geminis in the fleet regularly.
They seem soulless to me and lack character or personality.
Maybe that character will come once the fitters get their hands on them, who knows?
(17 Jan 2014, 8:16 pm)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]I was just about to suggest something along the lines of what Dan suggested.
Never been on the 56 Geminis, but have used other Geminis in the fleet regularly.
They seem soulless to me and lack character or personality.
Maybe that character will come once the fitters get their hands on them, who knows?

I've always said that, they do lack character, but the comfort of them is fantastic, and I bet the passengers love them! Much prefer Arriva Gemini's, or the Olympians by far Big Grin
(17 Jan 2014, 8:16 pm)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]They seem soulless to me and lack character or personality.

What soul does a bus need Tongue

Lets not forget, they are bought for a purpose and that is what they are doing.
(17 Jan 2014, 7:20 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]You must be missing the squeaks and rattles of the former allocation! Wink

Speaking of which, 5207 has now arrived at Saltmeadows for a black repaint.

Has any other scania's being done this week?
(17 Jan 2014, 8:42 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Has any other scania's being done this week?

Just one per week, with 5207 being this week's example. Smile