North East Buses

Full Version: Stagecoach North East Latest News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(28 Dec 2023, 5:03 pm)Dans_bus_photos wrote [ -> ]19437/8 have already transferred to Sunderland to replace 19114/211. Would make more sense if it was 19389,19431-6 that were heading to Slatyford. Any idea what they are meant to be replacing at Slatyford?
I’m not too sure. Ive heard 19204 is supposed to be going I’m wondering if likes of 19379/380/1/2/3/4/5/6/8 could be heading somewhere else. Makes no sense Walkergate have the busier routes and need double deckers. Yes Slatyford need them as well but not as desperate as Walkergate. Have to wait and see what happens be nice to see Stagecoach invest in more new double deckers, majority of Slatyford’s services would benefit from them.
(12 Nov 2023, 8:56 pm)F114TML wrote [ -> ]There are some drivers who never use the Felling bypass unless they're the first or second bus on a morning or the last one on a night. Unless there's an incident, it's down to driver discresion, even driver preference.

Never bothered with it back when I was drivin
(28 Dec 2023, 5:03 pm)Dans_bus_photos wrote [ -> ]19437/8 have already transferred to Sunderland to replace 19114/211. Would make more sense if it was 19389,19431-6 that were heading to Slatyford. Any idea what they are meant to be replacing at Slatyford?

hopefully some single deckers
27508 left stockton for scrap yesterday and is now at alpha
Hi all, happy new year, apologies if the questions have been asked and answered elsewhere, but has a reason for the ALX400 at Stockton been determined yet?

i know there was speculation about being a donation to somewhere or some false assumptions about false tracking etc, i was just wondering if anything concrete had been confirmed.

Also has slatyford gained any extra double decker's after the cascade from walkergate, IE actually replaced any single decker's
36050 has finally entered service at Sunderland. On the 23 today.
(03 Jan 2024, 10:40 am)F114TML wrote [ -> ]36050 has finally entered service at Sunderland. On the 23 today.

Not for long, looks like its back in the depot...
(03 Jan 2024, 12:43 am)toward6931 wrote [ -> ]Hi all, happy new year, apologies if the questions have been asked and answered elsewhere, but has a reason for the ALX400 at Stockton been determined yet?

i know there was speculation about being a donation to somewhere or some false assumptions about false tracking etc, i was just wondering if anything concrete had been confirmed.

Also has slatyford gained any extra double decker's after the cascade from walkergate, IE actually replaced any single decker's

18364 is now parked at Walkergate - so presumably for donation somewhere.

As for Slatyford, they have gained 19389/431-6 - but they are supposedly due to replace older examples for cascade out of the region - as per the business case for 11770-11780. There are, after all, other divisions that still have Tridents to replace in greater need of deckers.
(03 Jan 2024, 1:18 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]18364 is now parked at Walkergate - so presumably for donation somewhere.

As for Slatyford, they have gained 19389/431-6 - but they are supposedly due to replace older examples for cascade out of the region - as per the business case for 11770-11780. There are, after all, other divisions that still have Tridents to replace in greater need of deckers.

I can understand Slatyford loosing 19204 but can't see why they'd loose any of the 58 plate deckers. Would seem slightly pointless replacing them with E400s of the same age.
(03 Jan 2024, 7:50 pm)Dans_bus_photos wrote [ -> ]I can understand Slatyford loosing 19204 but can't see why they'd loose any of the 58 plate deckers. Would seem slightly pointless replacing them with E400s of the same age.

This is why I asked the question, 

I could understand as part of cascading SNE getting rid of the last of the 2007 E400s to areas still running tridents, but when slatyford is realistically short of probably ten double deckers on its busiest routes which I think could harm it's business, as I personally know some commuters who now decide to lift share because they were Sick of being crammed on the single deckers turning up.

bearing in mind Stockport are meant to be gaining around 70 I think brand new electric deckers which could easily displace around 50 of Manchester's 2008 E400s to areas needing replacements for ALX400s, and Oxford is meant to be receiving 40 themselves allowing around 30 diesel vehicle's to be cascaded.
(03 Jan 2024, 7:50 pm)Dans_bus_photos wrote [ -> ]I can understand Slatyford loosing 19204 but can't see why they'd loose any of the 58 plate deckers. Would seem slightly pointless replacing them with E400s of the same age.

Because that’s the business case for 11770-11780.
Debate can be ended now anyway - 19379 and 19382 are East Midlands bound. 19379 is off to Scunthorpe while 382 is bound for Grimsby.9
(04 Jan 2024, 3:15 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Because that’s the business case for 11770-11780.
Debate can be ended now anyway - 19379 and 19382 are East Midlands bound. 19379 is off to Scunthorpe while 382 is bound for Grimsby.9

Well by my working out there's still some unaccounted for yet so there's still some hope
Must say I don't particularly see the point in replacing 55 plate ALX400's with 58 plate Enviro 400's from another division, especially running in front line service. It's not exactly much of an improvement.

People slag off the Arriva fleet but the Stagecoach fleet is as bad, shockingly poor cascades.

The East Midlands fleet might aswell be a heritage fleet.
(04 Jan 2024, 5:07 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Must say I don't particularly see the point in replacing 55 plate ALX400's with 58 plate Enviro 400's from another division, especially running in front line service. It's not exactly much of an improvement.

People slag off the Arriva fleet but the Stagecoach fleet is as bad, shockingly poor cascades.

The East Midlands fleet might aswell be a heritage fleet.

i really do think that since when i worked at SNE and there was a plan in place where the big money making divisions were getting batches of new vehicles bi annually with a set fleet management plan, it does not feel like that is the case any more.

for example torquay and northampton getting brand new MMCs to try and bring up the standard of tourist and student services whilst dare i say it (again) a year round money making operation like the north east which traditionally has a higher percentage of people using public transport is slowly getting older and older buses or as i focused attention on recently busier and busier services which arent getting remedied
(04 Jan 2024, 3:15 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Because that’s the business case for 11770-11780.
Surely 19380 & 19381 are joining them. Are we expecting 19383/4/5/6/8 to be leaving the north east as well or are they staying at Slatyford? 19431-19435 are now at Slatyford unsure if 19436 is staying at Walkergate or transferring over.
Why are Newcastle depot double dockers been around for?
(04 Jan 2024, 6:00 pm)toward6931 wrote [ -> ]i really do think that since when i worked at SNE and there was a plan in place where the big money making divisions were getting batches of new vehicles bi annually with a set fleet management plan, it does not feel like that is the case any more.

for example torquay and northampton getting brand new MMCs to try and bring up the standard of tourist and student services whilst dare i say it (again) a year round money making operation like the north east which traditionally has a higher percentage of people using public transport is slowly getting older and older buses or as i focused attention on recently busier and busier services which arent getting remedied

tbf, I think it's more they have underinvested for the past 5 or so, in particular during COVID, and there's now a massive backlog which is just getting worse as the investment is still way too low. You can't just keep cutting routes, to get arid of the oldest buses in the fleet.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in 4 years, or so, as both Arriva and Stagecoach are in serious trouble without investment as they both went on a massive buying spree in the early 10's and it's starting to catch up already. On paper, using the 15 year rule, they should be starting now. Obviously Arriva has decided to just up the number instead, but that's a massive sticking plaster.
(04 Jan 2024, 8:17 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]tbf, I think it's more they have underinvested for the past 5 or so, in particular during COVID, and there's now a massive backlog which is just getting worse as the investment is still way too low. You can't just keep cutting routes, to get arid of the oldest buses in the fleet.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in 4 years, or so, as both Arriva and Stagecoach are in serious trouble without investment as they both went on a massive buying spree in the early 10's and it's starting to catch up already. On paper, using the 15 year rule, they should be starting now. Obviously Arriva has decided to just up the number instead, but that's a massive sticking plaster.

yes, the takeover didnt help either, i certainly think though that a 3 year plan of serious investment would certainly sort out the Newcastle and maybe Sunderland operations and then abit of work on the teeside operations wouldnt be far behind
(04 Jan 2024, 7:40 pm)ReDemPTiion wrote [ -> ]Surely 19380 & 19381 are joining them. Are we expecting 19383/4/5/6/8 to be leaving the north east as well or are they staying at Slatyford? 19431-19435 are now at Slatyford unsure if 19436 is staying at Walkergate or transferring over.

I believe all the 193xx examples are East Midlands bound.
(04 Jan 2024, 6:00 pm)toward6931 wrote [ -> ]i really do think that since when i worked at SNE and there was a plan in place where the big money making divisions were getting batches of new vehicles bi annually with a set fleet management plan, it does not feel like that is the case any more.

It was the same with South when I was there we had huge influxes of new vehicles and although there were some old ones most were brand new. You’d expect Newcastle to have a brand new fleet given its return to Group the older vehicles then cascaded to Sunderland Middlesbrough etc… I’m sure if it hadn’t of been for CAZ we’d still have had ALX300s in Newcastle.