North East Buses

Full Version: Stagecoach North East Latest News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to bustimes 22581 is back in service on a service 7. I did see it yesterday in the depot and it had been put back together and fixed so I’m not sure if it’s a tracking error. Not sure if it’s planned to go to Stockton or just be used on 6/7 as that route does not go into the city centre.
(09 Jun 2023, 7:40 am)ReDemPTiion wrote [ -> ]According to bustimes 22581 is back in service on a service 7. I did see it yesterday in the depot and it had been put back together and fixed so I’m not sure if it’s a tracking error. Not sure if it’s planned to go to Stockton or just be used on 6/7 as that route does not go into the city centre.

100% back out be interesting to see what happens with it. Slatyford need buses but will only be allowed on 6/7 routes might eventually go to Stockton
27254 is currently having its connecting the dots branding removed in Slatyford engineering. Fully expecting it to be going for repaint and 27246/249 to follow suit.
(09 Jun 2023, 9:20 pm)ReDemPTiion wrote [ -> ]27254 is currently having its connecting the dots branding removed in Slatyford engineering. Fully expecting it to be going for repaint and 27246/249 to follow suit.

About time, that one has been a bit of a mess for a while with the wrong colour offside front bumper as well as the Teesside branding

(09 Jun 2023, 5:03 am)Dyllan7817 wrote [ -> ]Yeah it’s still at Stockton but last I saw it had the OSR light missing

Did it actually enter service at Stockton?  It seemed to arrive repainted and like 22408 and 22412 then just sit in the depot yard?
(11 Jun 2023, 10:51 am)stagecoachbusdepot wrote [ -> ]Did it actually enter service at Stockton?  It seemed to arrive repainted and like 22408 and 22412 then just sit in the depot yard?

27809 hasn't been out in the yard as far as I'm aware (I go past on my way to work every night). 27812 was the one that was parked outside in the dead row for a while before entering service. Probably just awaiting chance to go in for test.
(09 Jun 2023, 7:40 am)ReDemPTiion wrote [ -> ]According to bustimes 22581 is back in service on a service 7. I did see it yesterday in the depot and it had been put back together and fixed so I’m not sure if it’s a tracking error. Not sure if it’s planned to go to Stockton or just be used on 6/7 as that route does not go into the city centre.

It should leave once the 27246/49/54 are repainted and back in service
Slatyford have put 36470 back together and that has been re-instated. Currently at Wheatsheaf for repaint, in theory ought to go to South Shields to balance 37313 which went to Slatyford some time ago. But anything could happen..
3 of Sunderland’s open toppers have gone on loan down to Chesterfield for the Peak Sightseer services these being 17240, 17643 and 17645.

[Image: df063208ae82dd066cc5870aafcf1bea.jpg]
(Photo courtesy of Chris Gascoyne on Stagecoach UK Enthusiasts on Facebook)

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro using Tapatalk
So how many are left?
(27 Jun 2023, 9:33 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [ -> ]3 of Sunderland’s open toppers have gone on loan down to Chesterfield for the Peak Sightseer services these being 17240, 17643 and 17645.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and...-sightseer

Looks slightly different to the artists impression and PR materials.

And I bet the fella who took the photo isn't the same fella who plays Peter Barlow!
(27 Jun 2023, 9:33 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [ -> ]3 of Sunderland’s open toppers have gone on loan down to Chesterfield for the Peak Sightseer services these being 17240, 17643 and 17645.

Watch they don't return
(27 Jun 2023, 10:24 pm)Busu284 wrote [ -> ]Watch they don't return
They're down there on loan whilst the full time buses are open topped and prepared for service. I believe the first 1 due back will be Scania E400 15719 if what I've read elsewhere is to be believed

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
Am guessing they no news on Hartlepool getting any deckers or full size buses for next week then to cover the tall ships.
(29 Jun 2023, 4:10 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]Am guessing they no news on Hartlepool getting any deckers or full size buses for next week then to cover the tall ships.

GNE are doing the tall ship event but i am looking forward to seeing what is used on the 59 to Durham
(01 Jul 2023, 1:23 pm)Jimbo wrote [ -> ]GNE are doing the tall ship event but i am looking forward to seeing what is used on the 59 to Durham

Knowing GCT they’ll just put one of their usual breadvans on it instead of a decker. Durham Miners Gala is on Saturday as well so the buses will be even busier.

(01 Jul 2023, 1:23 pm)Jimbo wrote [ -> ]GNE are doing the tall ship event but i am looking forward to seeing what is used on the 59 to Durham

I think what may have been meant was Hartlepool getting bigger buses temporarily to increase capacity on their normal routes.
Our fares in Sunderland are changing

From Sunday 9 July 2023, some of our ticket prices will change.

Prices will change for customers buying on buses, online, or on mobile. Monthly MegaRider Xtra payments will also change.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-up...:13:44:318

Cut the buses but put the fares up....................................

-----------

Edit: Just noticed a Megarider is going from £12.50 to £14

Surprised they haven't put an excuse on the changes page!
(01 Jul 2023, 4:13 pm)stagecoachfan wrote [ -> ]I think what may have been meant was Hartlepool getting bigger buses temporarily to increase capacity on their normal routes.

That is exactly what I meant am not looking forward to try to come home on Friday /Saturday on an enviro 200 or Manviro 200 especially if they might be packed was hoping they might have put full size buses on at least.

Are the gas buses now starting to be withdrawn? 28036-40 now showing as withdrawn on bustimes. What is replacing them? I’ve heard the hybrids from Walkergate but they don’t have the new buses yet plus that doesn’t make much sense as they’re older and not very reliable..
(03 Jul 2023, 7:59 pm)ReDemPTiion wrote [ -> ]Are the gas buses now starting to be withdrawn? 28036-40 now showing as withdrawn on bustimes. What is replacing them? I’ve heard the hybrids from Walkergate but they don’t have the new buses yet plus that doesn’t make much sense as they’re older and not very reliable..

Withdrawn as part of the PVR reduction at Sunderland so nothing will be replacing those five.