North East Buses

Full Version: Stagecoach North East Latest News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06 Aug 2023, 10:41 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Rather not have the Hybrids tbh, rather keep the gas buses.

Its been over a month now since the changes and I can give a little review and say, the changes have made the services worse for reliability, always late but on a good side of things, the buses are busy - so older deckers might not be a bad temp replacement for them...

or... the 60 reg deckers could just replace the Hybrids at Newcastle?

Guess it depends if they want to write off 12 year old buses as they're not going anywhere else. They might be rubbish but I'm not sure they're EOL. The Enviro 400's other divisions will take in a heartbeat especially the divisions down South which have ALX400's still in service.
(06 Aug 2023, 12:22 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Guess it depends if they want to write off 12 year old buses as they're not going anywhere else. They might be rubbish but I'm not sure they're EOL. The Enviro 400's other divisions will take in a heartbeat especially the divisions down South which have ALX400's still in service.

i would definitely use these new MMCs as a catalyst to start to reduce the numbers of hybrids in service, with 24 if im hearing correctly, new double decks arriving on tyneside i would take the 12 worst of the hybrids and start stripping them down to keep the better condition ones operating. 

the other 12 vehicles i would use to move some of the older E400s around. with 24 new and hopefully problem free double decks at walkergate you could then reduce the number of spare singles at walkergate.

if say for example you could use  whatever is left of the decent ALX300s and E300s that Stockton have just shed in Sunderland, plus some of the 
CAZ compliant 09 E300s that could maybe be cascaded once the walkergate spares have been distributed you could then start selling some of the gas buses off, if and when the 20 electrics turn up at Sunderland, i would use those new vehicles and to oust the remaining gas buses,

i would then use the money generated from the sale of the gas buses, along with some investment from head office to purchase some new MMC single decks for Newcastle, 

you could then cascade some of the older CAZ compliant single decks to Sunderland in order to cascade some of the none compliant vehicles like the Scania E300s and anything like the older ALX300s and E300s to Stockton, 

i would then, once those vehicles arrive at Stockton, take stock of what vehicles are really struggling mechanically and if cost effective i would get them sorted or if not strip them down for spares to support the decent vehicles, 

after that i would then start to take older vehicles out of service, in theory although maybe taking a little while it should be an easy win for stagecoach  northeast to evaluate and sort some of its fleet out
The gasbuses are compliant (or at least exempt from charges) on account of them being alternative fuel. Also why would they get bumped off to Stockton? They'd need to install loads of infrstructure for them, or are we talking about a fleet of Scania E300s I'm unaware of?
(06 Aug 2023, 3:40 pm)F114TML wrote [ -> ]The gasbuses are compliant (or at least exempt from charges) on account of them being alternative fuel. Also why would they get bumped off to Stockton? They'd need to install loads of infrstructure for them, or are we talking about a fleet of Scania E300s I'm unaware of?

the ex highlands E300s are scania models, unless ive read wrong
(06 Aug 2023, 5:22 pm)toward6931 wrote [ -> ]the ex highlands E300s are scania models, unless ive read wrong

They are E300 chassis and body (27***).
The Scania E300 that Stagecoach have are 28*** (280** gas buses and 286**/287** diesels. (with MANs being 22*** & 241**/242**)
Which stagecoach depot are you on about?
(06 Aug 2023, 1:03 pm)toward6931 wrote [ -> ]i would definitely use these new MMCs as a catalyst to start to reduce the numbers of hybrids in service, with 24 if im hearing correctly, new double decks arriving on tyneside i would take the 12 worst of the hybrids and start stripping them down to keep the better condition ones operating. 

the other 12 vehicles i would use to move some of the older E400s around. with 24 new and hopefully problem free double decks at walkergate you could then reduce the number of spare singles at walkergate.

if say for example you could use  whatever is left of the decent ALX300s and E300s that Stockton have just shed in Sunderland, plus some of the 
CAZ compliant 09 E300s that could maybe be cascaded once the walkergate spares have been distributed you could then start selling some of the gas buses off, if and when the 20 electrics turn up at Sunderland, i would use those new vehicles and to oust the remaining gas buses,

i would then use the money generated from the sale of the gas buses, along with some investment from head office to purchase some new MMC single decks for Newcastle, 

you could then cascade some of the older CAZ compliant single decks to Sunderland in order to cascade some of the none compliant vehicles like the Scania E300s and anything like the older ALX300s and E300s to Stockton, 

i would then, once those vehicles arrive at Stockton, take stock of what vehicles are really struggling mechanically and if cost effective i would get them sorted or if not strip them down for spares to support the decent vehicles, 

after that i would then start to take older vehicles out of service, in theory although maybe taking a little while it should be an easy win for stagecoach  northeast to evaluate and sort some of its fleet out

Aye can't disagree in a way, they seem to be against investing lately though like most bus operators.

Btw you've mixed up the 28603 - 28605 / 28643 - 28650 and the ones which have come, which the Scania E300's in the Highlands. Not sure where they're going but they have very similar number plates - doubt here though as they'll be a microfleet but weirder things have happened.
On Facebook it says something about Stockton depot getting some E300 man's einvro coming to Stockton depot to replace E300 and it stagecoach North East page today if I right.

Stagecoach livery group I ment to say Stagecoach livery group today
(06 Aug 2023, 8:28 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Aye can't disagree in a way, they seem to be against investing lately though like most bus operators.

Btw you've mixed up the 28603 - 28605 / 28643 - 28650 and the ones which have come, which the Scania E300's in the Highlands. Not sure where they're going but they have very similar number plates - doubt here though as they'll be a microfleet but weirder things have happened.

ah right so the E300s which arrived recently from the highlands aren't scanias? , i find it hard to keep track of the website i used to use for reference isn't online anymore
(06 Aug 2023, 11:10 pm)toward6931 wrote [ -> ]ah right so the E300s which arrived recently from the highlands aren't scanias? , i find it hard to keep track of the website i used to use for reference isn't online anymore

Try uk-buses.co.uk. I find it pretty accurate.

Cheers
(06 Aug 2023, 5:22 pm)toward6931 wrote [ -> ]the ex highlands E300s are scania models, unless ive read wrong

Nah, they're ADLs
(07 Aug 2023, 11:40 am)F114TML wrote [ -> ]Nah, they're ADLs

ah apologies my mistake
(06 Aug 2023, 1:03 pm)I’m toward6931 wrote [ -> ]i would definitely use these new MMCs as a catalyst to start to reduce the numbers of hybrids in service, with 24 if im hearing correctly, new double decks arriving on tyneside i would take the 12 worst of the hybrids and start stripping them down to keep the better condition ones operating. 

I know that 10631/2/3 Will be transferred to South Shields to upgrade the X34 once enough of the the new MMCs have entered service. That’s a confirmed move and Should have actually been done 2 months ago
(07 Aug 2023, 11:52 am)Youngymmv wrote [ -> ]I know that 10631/2/3 Will be transferred to South Shields to upgrade the X34 once enough of the the new MMCs have entered service. That’s a confirmed move and Should have actually been done 2 months ago

and yet both walkergate and slatyford both have issues getting enough deckers out on the streets
(07 Aug 2023, 2:15 pm)toward6931 wrote [ -> ]and yet both walkergate and slatyford both have issues getting enough deckers out on the streets

That’s why there is 20 odd new vehicles being allocated. Shields can’t get 3 double deckers on X34 most days due to vehicle failures. 

Kind regards 

Chris
(08 Aug 2023, 10:53 am)Youngymmv wrote [ -> ]That’s why there is 20 odd new vehicles being allocated. Shields can’t get 3 double deckers on X34 most days due to vehicle failures. 

Kind regards 

Chris

aye i suppose 3 16 plates isn't too bad, although I've heard the X34 has a canny knack of wrecking buses, with the amount of hybrids and early E400s approaching end of life hopefully these 16 plates last until the majority of buses that need replacing get replaced
(08 Aug 2023, 12:37 pm)toward6931 wrote [ -> ]aye i suppose 3 16 plates isn't too bad, although I've heard the X34 has a canny knack of wrecking buses, with the amount of hybrids and early E400s approaching end of life hopefully these 16 plates last until the majority of buses that need replacing get replaced

And all of their pre-decendents, darts,olympians, ALX300's to name a few
(08 Aug 2023, 12:37 pm)toward6931 wrote [ -> ]aye i suppose 3 16 plates isn't too bad, although I've heard the X34 has a canny knack of wrecking buses, with the amount of hybrids and early E400s approaching end of life hopefully these 16 plates last until the majority of buses that need replacing get replaced

In fairness, it probably doesn't help they put buses that have spent their whole life on city work on an interurban express route when they're pretty much life expired.
(08 Aug 2023, 4:11 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]In fairness, it probably doesn't help they put buses that have spent their whole life on city work on an interurban express route when they're pretty much life expired.
The newest vehicles X34 have ever had were the P reg darts that were used on them from launch and roughly 2/3 years old
Are stagecoach Stockton getting new E300 man enviro buses or there stand hard Man enviro 300 buses? That want in say on stagecoach group livery pape? That go by.