North East Buses

Full Version: Stagecoach North East Latest News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
27796 and 27912 2 more to stagecoach north east from Steve knight
(10 Feb 2023, 4:11 pm)glen wrote [ -> ]27796 and 27912 2 more to stagecoach north east from Steve knight

I'm not sure anyone is aware of the fleet up there but what's actually displacing these out? I'm assuming it's the Citylink coaches being used now which appear to pretty much unused. (The electrics replaced Enviro 200's before anyone mentions them).

I know there's a dislike to them but it's a shame they couldn't bring some down and try them on the 685. They'd give passengers a much better service especially those doing longer journeys over a Enviro 300 which are generally poor really bar a 15 minute hop in a city.

Btw assuming it's 27913 instead.
Think for info mate
(08 Feb 2023, 12:04 pm)tcts24 wrote [ -> ]There was talk a while back of Hartlepool getting some 220XX's. The problem being the 39XXX MAN's, at 11.5 metres long barely fit over the pits so they can't have anything full size there as they simply don't fit in engineering. Now they've ran out of the 360XX batch, Hartlepool looks set to receive more Darts to replace the remaining MAN's when the MOT runs out on them. The MAN's are generally better buses but being German, the parts cost more than double what they do for Dart's. Hence the current programme of withdrawl on MOT expiry and that the last 5 to go are still on site as parts donors.
Well how did they manage between 1996 - 2008 when most of the fleet was full size buses including double deckers. While I quite like the darts it Dosent solve the issue of buses getting full really but then it’s quite clear Stagecoach don’t really care about Hartlepool hence no investment.
I think a further point as well is 36461 probably needs to be scrapped as well. I was on it the other night and I don’t know what it was but they was an awful scrapping sound coming from it. That’s after constant issues with the doors not working the lights not working or a problem with the alarm over the last year.

Would agree as well Man is a decent company and the enviros have done ok. I think if they made a version of the lion city for the UK market that could work in places like Hartlepool and Shields.
(10 Feb 2023, 5:24 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]Well how did they manage between 1996 - 2008 when most of the fleet was full size buses including double deckers. While I quite like the darts it Dosent solve the issue of buses getting full really but then it’s quite clear Stagecoach don’t really care about Hartlepool hence no investment.

Can't comment on the full size buses, but Double Decker's are usually shorter than 11.5m. Believe the Stagecoach ones are usually 10.9m which is the same length as the Enviro 200's.
E300 buses want arrive at stagecoach north east are replace alx 300?
(10 Feb 2023, 10:13 pm)glen wrote [ -> ]E300 buses want arrive at stagecoach north east are replace alx 300?
Probably sunderland gas buses as i recently found out

(08 Feb 2023, 12:04 pm)tcts24 wrote [ -> ]There was talk a while back of Hartlepool getting some 220XX's. The problem being the 39XXX MAN's, at 11.5 metres long barely fit over the pits so they can't have anything full size there as they simply don't fit in engineering. Now they've ran out of the 360XX batch, Hartlepool looks set to receive more Darts to replace the remaining MAN's when the MOT runs out on them. The MAN's are generally better buses but being German, the parts cost more than double what they do for Dart's. Hence the current programme of withdrawl on MOT expiry and that the last 5 to go are still on site as parts donors.
wouldn't take much effort from a professional construction company to extend them
I think for the info mate

Have some more 64 and 65reg gone to Newcastle yet?
Have been more Stockton buses more to Newcastle yet?
(10 Feb 2023, 5:24 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]Well how did they manage between 1996 - 2008 when most of the fleet was full size buses including double deckers. While I quite like the darts it Dosent solve the issue of buses getting full really but then it’s quite clear Stagecoach don’t really care about Hartlepool hence no investment.

Well I had actually been wondering that myself. Suffice to say though, as things stand, Hartlepool engineering can't handle anything longer than the MAN's they currently have.
I seem to recall having the conversation with you about "full" buses a few years ago before I drove them. I started with Stagecoach in September 2021 and with occasional variation, for the last 6 months I've largely been on the same shift - Duty 202 - Monday to Friday, 1421 to 2345 on 6s and 7s. Again with occasional variation, on average I'll have around 15 customers travelling at the same time during daytimes. The one notable exception is route 6 trip 106 (starts St. Patrick's at 1516), which from Oxford Road onwards will generally have 50-60 customers (mostly English Martyrs students). The E200's have a capacity of 68 and the MAN's a little more. On only one occasion doing that run have I actually reached full capacity. The only other time I recall having a full to capacity bus is rememberance Sunday. So Hartlepool's issue of buses getting full is easily solved - because they don't actually get full!

You are indeed quite correct. Stagecoach do not care about Hartlepool, or Herne Bay, or Hull, or frankly anywhere. They care about profit as of course do Sainsburys, Sky, Selotape or any other commercial organisation. Route 36 generates more income than route 6, therefore route 36 sees more investment. The same as one branch of W H Smiths will generate more income than another and receive higher investment as a result.

It's all for the good of the income, not the good of the customer. If it was, there probably wouldn't be any cash to invest in the 36 either.

(10 Feb 2023, 5:36 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]I think a further point as well is 36461 probably needs to be scrapped as well.  I was on it the other night and I don’t know what it was but they was an awful scrapping sound coming from it.  That’s after constant issues with the doors not working the lights not working or a problem with the alarm over the last year. 

Would agree as well Man is a decent company and the enviros have done ok. I think if they made a version of the lion city for the UK market that could work in places like Hartlepool and Shields.

I had 36461 on  the 3s yesterday and spoke to engineering on returning to the depot. The scraping noise is the diferential.
(12 Feb 2023, 1:01 pm)tcts24 wrote [ -> ]Well I had actually been wondering that myself. Suffice to say though, as things stand, Hartlepool engineering can't handle anything longer than the MAN's they currently have.
I seem to recall having the conversation with you about "full" buses a few years ago before I drove them. I started with Stagecoach in September 2021 and with occasional variation, for the last 6 months I've largely been on the same shift - Duty 202 - Monday to Friday, 1421 to 2345 on 6s and 7s. Again with occasional variation, on average I'll have around 15 customers travelling at the same time during daytimes. The one notable exception is route 6 trip 106 (starts St. Patrick's at 1516), which from Oxford Road onwards will generally have 50-60 customers (mostly English Martyrs students). The E200's have a capacity of 68 and the MAN's a little more. On only one occasion doing that run have I actually reached full capacity. The only other time I recall having a full to capacity bus is rememberance Sunday. So Hartlepool's issue of buses getting full is easily solved - because they don't actually get full!

You are indeed quite correct. Stagecoach do not care about Hartlepool, or Herne Bay, or Hull, or frankly anywhere. They care about profit as of course do Sainsburys, Sky, Selotape or any other commercial organisation. Route 36 generates more income than route 6, therefore route 36 sees more investment. The same as one branch of W H Smiths will generate more income than another and receive higher investment as a result.

It's all for the good of the income, not the good of the customer. If it was, there probably wouldn't be any cash to invest in the 36 either.

I had 36461 on  the 3s yesterday and spoke to engineering on returning to the depot. The scraping noise is the diferential.
They do seem quite full at times when I have struggled to get a seat though but quite possibly it been at times when one is running late. I would agree from around 5:30 though they isn’t as many passengers and that 6 you mention I used to hate if I was unfortunate enough to get that.  

Suppose see what happens then but it seems daft getting rid of the darts back in 2017 only for them to slowly start getting them back.   Saying that I would say 34605 and 34611 are the two best buses in the fleet now.
Has 22887 entered service in Stockton yet after being repainted? I assume 22889 is going down as well once that’s finished being painted?
(13 Feb 2023, 8:55 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]They do seem quite full at times when I have struggled to get a seat though but quite possibly it been at times when one is running late. I would agree from around 5:30 though they isn’t as many passengers and that 6 you mention I used to hate if I was unfortunate enough to get that.  

Suppose see what happens then but it seems daft getting rid of the darts back in 2017 only for them to slowly start getting them back.   Saying that I would say 34605 and 34611 are the two best buses in the fleet now.

If your talking in terms of having a full double seat to yourself, then yes they regularly get "full". However, it's rare to reach full seating capacity other than a few school runs and the majority of those don't reach it either. Ultimately travelling customers are not guaranteed seated conveyance and the E200's which form the bulk of the fleet have a total capacity of 68. I figure I've hardly ever encountered.

36093 is very highly regarded among drivers.
I am confused on to why stockton has kept those omnilinks for a year now just sat there rotting like why arent they in scrap or are they planning to fix them?
(14 Feb 2023, 11:02 am)tcts24 wrote [ -> ]If your talking in terms of having a full double seat to yourself, then yes they regularly get "full". However, it's rare to reach full seating capacity other than a few school runs and the majority of those don't reach it either. Ultimately travelling customers are not guaranteed seated conveyance and the E200's which form the bulk of the fleet have a total capacity of 68. I figure I've hardly ever encountered.

36093 is very highly regarded among drivers.
Yes that is a decent bus I am struggling to why most of the 360 are in better condition than the newer 364 enviros. I do think the engineers don’t get enough credit for actually getting most of the fleet on the road. Just curious is they a certain bus that the majority of you hate driving ?  As for the other point I am looking at it from a passenger point of view where it’s better if they the option of more seats especially since they is not many before the step whereas I suppose from your point of view it’s not really a case of carrying as many passengers. 
I think if one of the companies managed to design a modern bus either midi or full size bus without needing a step to get near the back of the bus that would actually be handy.

(14 Feb 2023, 10:12 pm)Lollist wrote [ -> ]I am confused on to why stockton has kept those omnilinks for a year now just sat there rotting like why arent they in scrap or are they planning to fix them?
It’s probably to do with value. They might also not be officially be classed as been withdrawn or another is considering getting them they could be many number of reasons why.
27252 is now at Slatyford, they are getting though the buses just very slowly
(14 Feb 2023, 11:26 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]Yes that is a decent bus I am struggling to why most of the 360 are in better condition than the newer 364 enviros. I do think the engineers don’t get enough credit for actually getting most of the fleet on the road. Just curious is they a certain bus that the majority of you hate driving ?  As for the other point I am looking at it from a passenger point of view where it’s better if they the option of more seats especially since they is not many before the step whereas I suppose from your point of view it’s not really a case of carrying as many passengers. 
I think if one of the companies managed to design a modern bus either midi or full size bus without needing a step to get near the back of the bus that would actually be handy.

It’s probably to do with value. They might also not be officially be classed as been withdrawn or another is considering getting them they could be many number of reasons why.
Different drivers prefer different buses and some dont't care what they get at all. Although 36090 is hated by most. I'm supposed to keep the same bus for my entire shift but if i get 36082, 36083, 36084, 36087, 36088, 36089, 36090, 36094, 36462, 36464 or 36466 I refuse to take it back out the depot for my second half.

Was happy enough with 39663 yesterday and looks like I'll have 36091 today.

There's 2 Stockton Scania's listed on the period 10 2022/3 fleet list for disposal.
(15 Feb 2023, 12:21 pm)tcts24 wrote [ -> ]Different drivers prefer different buses and some dont't care what they get at all. Although 36090 is hated by most. I'm supposed to keep the same bus for my entire shift but if i get 36082, 36083, 36084, 36087, 36088, 36089, 36090, 36094, 36462, 36464 or 36466 I refuse to take it back out the depot for my second half.

Was happy enough with 39663 yesterday and looks like I'll have 36091 today.

There's 2 Stockton Scania's listed on the period 10 2022/3 fleet list for disposal.

The depot must love you, haha  Tongue
22890 is finally getting the repairs needed since moving from Carlisle to Slatyford that must be going to Stockton once sorted.

22428 was seen driving around Slatyford yard today as well that may be getting ready to enter service again (currently showing as withdrawn on bustimes)