North East Buses

Full Version: Stagecoach North East Latest News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(16 Aug 2023, 9:31 pm)Acky81 wrote [ -> ]What’s the latest from Sunderland?
Have the gas buses departed for the first group?
Any signs of deckers coming across from Newcastle?
Are Sunderland still getting the new electric buses?

No, 28035-40 are still being used most days - 28038 was out on the 14th August and 28039 was out yesterday, Sunderland are still using 39730/39731 on a daily bases, they were supposed to be withdrawn weeks ago.

All rumours about deckers coming from Newcastle, don't think we'll see many transfers until more of their new buses are in service, I think there's only a few new E400's in service?

Still no Info on our new electric buses, Q3 (July, August, and September) I think was when orders were supposed to go in with arriving in late 2024/early 2025 - although I could be wrong, I'm sure someone will correct it for me
27254 is due back in service tomorrow having not been seen since June after having some work done.
Have all Stockton buses been repiant in new colours apart from enviro 200mmc is that right.
i could have sworn i saw one of the MK1 E300s getting towed away from stockton area last night, anyone know anything?
(19 Aug 2023, 1:43 pm)toward6931 wrote [ -> ]i could have sworn i saw one of the MK1 E300s getting towed away from stockton area last night, anyone know anything?

Long withdrawn 27508.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(19 Aug 2023, 2:02 pm)pbjd wrote [ -> ]Long withdrawn 27508.

27508 was still at Stockton depot as of late this afternoon

[Image: IMG-20230819-160326.jpg]
Does anyone know when the 100 will return?, its now being temporarily suspended for over a year.
There are a lot of E400 off the road at Newcastle depot are some of E400 come down to Stockton depot are going some why else?
(21 Aug 2023, 7:48 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know when the 100 will return?, its now being temporarily suspended for over a year.

Doubt it, we (slatyford depot) don’t have enough drivers for all the other services. Constantly still have services with buses missing, getting took off half way through the day because there’s not enough drivers. The depot constantly asking drivers to work rest days but it’s not mandatory and why should drivers work their days off when we don’t have to. Unless there’s a big influx of drivers I can’t ever see it coming back.
I know we keep being told that Stagecoach buses can't track as anything other than their own fleet number, but new 'un 11614 is definitely tracking as 19674 tonight. Have seen it myself on the number 1. 11615 is also here and has been out for the last couple of days but is not showing in Bustimes, so maybe it is impersonating an older shed mate as well. All of 11607-11616 are now here although 11611 does not seem to have made it into service yet. Four more to come from the first batch, with another eleven later on.
(23 Aug 2023, 7:31 pm)ReDemPTiion wrote [ -> ]Doubt it, we (slatyford depot) don’t have enough drivers for all the other services. Constantly still have services with buses missing, getting took off half way through the day because there’s not enough drivers. The depot constantly asking drivers to work rest days but it’s not mandatory and why should drivers work their days off when we don’t have to. Unless there’s a big influx of drivers I can’t ever see it coming back.

Shame but understanding, hopefully the driver situation is sorted soon, ye, you can't just expect drivers to come in on rest days.
(23 Aug 2023, 7:45 pm)N391OTY wrote [ -> ]I know we keep being told that Stagecoach buses can't track as anything other than their own fleet number, but new 'un 11614 is definitely tracking as 19674 tonight. Have seen it myself on the number 1. 11615 is also here and has been out for the last couple of days but is not showing in Bustimes, so maybe it is impersonating an older shed mate as well. All of 11607-11616 are now here although 11611 does not seem to have made it into service yet. Four more to come from the first batch, with another eleven later on.

Tracking as 19675
(23 Aug 2023, 7:45 pm)N391OTY wrote [ -> ]I know we keep being told that Stagecoach buses can't track as anything other than their own fleet number, but new 'un 11614 is definitely tracking as 19674 tonight. Have seen it myself on the number 1. 11615 is also here and has been out for the last couple of days but is not showing in Bustimes, so maybe it is impersonating an older shed mate as well. All of 11607-11616 are now here although 11611 does not seem to have made it into service yet. Four more to come from the first batch, with another eleven later on.
11617 11619 11620 are also at Walkergate getting prepared for service

It'll be using 674's baseplate. It's currently at the Wheatsheaf for repaint. I think it's going down south.
(24 Aug 2023, 6:17 am)F114TML wrote [ -> ]It'll be using 674's baseplate. It's currently at the Wheatsheaf for repaint. I think it's going down south.

Another one has entered service unsure of what but is tracking as 19672 which is at Sunderland I believe. Looks like once they’re finally all here they’ll be used on the service 1. I am surprised it’s the 196**’s that seem to be going I would have thought it would have been the 194**’s as they’re older.
(24 Aug 2023, 3:08 pm)ReDemPTiion wrote [ -> ]Another one has entered service unsure of what but is tracking as 19672 which is at Sunderland I believe. Looks like once they’re finally all here they’ll be used on the service 1. I am surprised it’s the 196**’s that seem to be going I would have thought it would have been the 194**’s as they’re older.

yeah im really confused by this, if the rumors are true then the 196**s are going to torquay, I thought the whole point of the diverted batch was to help replace the hybrids, if ten or so of the the 196 s are going that means no hybrids are getting replaced.

i would have thought if torquay are that desperate, why would you not take the opportunity to send the hybrids to Manchester where there are large numbers still in service to see out their days, for argument sake lets say out of the 26 Newcastle hybrids they decided to use 20 in service, you could still cascade around 15 of the older E400s in Manchester to torquay to oust some tridents
Do you think some of E400 double dockers come to Stockton when new E400 mmc come to Newcastle depots then? Or go somewhere else? I think 2 should come to Stockton and replace 2 man single dockers want are left at Stockton depot.
(25 Aug 2023, 12:50 am)glen wrote [ -> ]Do you think some of E400 double dockers come to Stockton when new E400 mmc come to Newcastle depots then? Or go somewhere else? I think 2 should come to Stockton and replace 2 man single dockers want are left at Stockton depot.

If there’s any movements it’ll most likely be two of 10634-7 moving to Stockton to replace 19680/1 to go down south along with the rest of the batch that remained at Byker.

(24 Aug 2023, 9:37 pm)toward6931 wrote [ -> ]yeah im really confused by this, if the rumors are true then the 196**s are going to torquay, I thought the whole point of the diverted batch was to help replace the hybrids, if ten or so of the the 196 s are going that means no hybrids are getting replaced.

i would have thought if torquay are that desperate, why would you not take the opportunity to send the hybrids to Manchester where there are large numbers still in service to see out their days, for argument sake lets say out of the 26 Newcastle hybrids they decided to use 20 in service, you could still cascade around 15 of the older E400s in Manchester to torquay to oust some tridents
Well these new buses were actually meant for Torquay and we sent here instead so it makes sense if they’re sending the 60 plates rather than the 58 plates but they can’t be very happy losing brand new buses for old buses. 

Hybrid’s definitely won’t last much longer unless they’re having work done like 12068/69 which haven’t been seen since last year.
(25 Aug 2023, 6:24 am)ReDemPTiion wrote [ -> ]Well these new buses were actually meant for Torquay and we sent here instead so it makes sense if they’re sending the 60 plates rather than the 58 plates but they can’t be very happy losing brand new buses for old buses. 

Hybrid’s definitely won’t last much longer unless they’re having work done like 12068/69 which haven’t been seen since last year.

yes but that's why im confused, 

they were meant for torquay,  stagecoach realised the hybrids needed replacing so sent them here,   however torquay "needs" to replace some tridents down there,   so we send them some of our older buses  

but that then means that SNE don't solve the issue of replacing the hybrids. and for the sake of 2 years on the number plates i would have just sent the oldest stuff down there

(25 Aug 2023, 3:59 am)pbjd wrote [ -> ]If there’s any movements it’ll most likely be two of 10634-7 moving to Stockton to replace 19680/1 to go down south along with the rest of the batch that remained at Byker.

hope not, it feels like newcastle isnt coming off too great with this transfer debacle haha