North East Buses

Full Version: Stagecoach North East Latest News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any idea of when the CAZ is happening up in Newcastle?
(06 Nov 2022, 7:57 am)Mr Alx300 22062 NK54 BFF wrote [ -> ]Any idea of when the CAZ is happening up in Newcastle?
If you look on Newcastle City Council's website they claim it is active now, but charges only apply to vehicles after 30th January 2023.
(06 Nov 2022, 8:16 am)54APhotography wrote [ -> ]If you look on Newcastle City Council's website they claim it is active now, but charges only apply to vehicles after 30th January 2023.

The signs and cameras are up. Signs as you cross the Tyne Bridge, and there's a camera when you turn onto the bottom of Pilgrim Street.
(02 Nov 2022, 3:09 pm)toward6931 wrote [ -> ]although let's not forget that stagecoach GREATER MANCHESTER as a division is probably around 4-5 times larger than SNE, the stagecoach Manchester subdivision (if memory serves me correct is alone 2-3 times bigger than SNE) has the electrics and a lot of MMCs, i believe the 250 plus 2008 E400s are in the wigan, Salford and Oldham subdivisions which aren't as profitable and aren't as busy.

Manchester as a whole is going the way of london where gradually everything is controlled by a local authority PTE so some routes may be retendered
Greater Manchester's new look buses revealed | News - Hits Radio (Manchester) (planetradio.co.uk)  looks like wigan and Bolton are the first areas for the franchised services with new buses revealed by (I believe the local authority own the buses with operators driving them), potentially some of the 2008 E400s will be cascaded.

https://www.liverpoolcityregion-ca.gov.u...ty-region/
liverpool also getting hydrogen buses "It is planned that the buses will initially serve the region’s busiest route – the 10A between St Helens and Liverpool city centre, jointly operated by operators Arriva and Stagecoach."
(08 Nov 2022, 9:50 pm)toward6931 wrote [ -> ]Greater Manchester's new look buses revealed | News - Hits Radio (Manchester) (planetradio.co.uk)  looks like wigan and Bolton are the first areas for the franchised services with new buses revealed by (I believe the local authority own the buses with operators driving them), potentially some of the 2008 E400s will be cascaded.

https://www.liverpoolcityregion-ca.gov.u...ty-region/
liverpool also getting hydrogen buses  "It is planned that the buses will initially serve the region’s busiest route – the 10A between St Helens and Liverpool city centre, jointly operated by operators Arriva and Stagecoach."

No stripes or diagonal lines on the Manchester vehicles.

We all know what that means! A ten percent pile-on incoming!

Whereas Liverpool... Well they're gonna love that. It has stripes on.
“BREAKING NEWS: Stagecoach have ordered 200 new @ADLbus Enviro400MMCs that will replace older buses in the fleet in: Oxford, Manchester, Yorkshire, Preston, Northampton, Mansfield, Portsmouth, Chichester, Winchester, Torquay, Folkestone and Newcastle”

https://twitter.com/cbwtweets/status/1590674256433598466?s=46&t=EEVe5v8rsI6XXJAgszgD4w
10646 has been transferred back to Slatyford from Walkergate and 22341 and 22347 have gone from Slatyford to Walkergate
(10 Nov 2022, 12:39 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]“BREAKING NEWS: Stagecoach have ordered 200 new @ADLbus Enviro400MMCs that will replace older buses in the fleet in: Oxford, Manchester, Yorkshire, Preston, Northampton, Mansfield, Portsmouth, Chichester, Winchester, Torquay, Folkestone and Newcastle”

https://twitter.com/cbwtweets/status/1590674256433598466?s=46&t=EEVe5v8rsI6XXJAgszgD4w
I am surprised that they have bought Diesel buses tbf.
(10 Nov 2022, 12:39 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]“BREAKING NEWS: Stagecoach have ordered 200 new @ADLbus Enviro400MMCs that will replace older buses in the fleet in: Oxford, Manchester, Yorkshire, Preston, Northampton, Mansfield, Portsmouth, Chichester, Winchester, Torquay, Folkestone and Newcastle”

I wonder if these will see off the ALX300s rather than sending them to Teesside?
The alx 300 should be withdrawn when new buses come Newcastle I think?
In regards to X34 return to South shields I think the 4 original “SP60” E400s are transferring back over so there is no disruption to scholars services currently served by the 2 ex Newcastle examples
(06 Nov 2022, 7:57 am)Mr Alx300 22062 NK54 BFF wrote [ -> ]Any idea of when the CAZ is happening up in Newcastle?

Charges for non-compliant taxis, buses, coaches and HGVs will begin on 30 January 2023.

Charges for vans and light goods vehicles will be delayed until July 2023 to allow additional time for owners to upgrade due to national vehicle supply issues.

https://www.breathe-cleanair.com/
(10 Nov 2022, 7:34 pm)Youngymmv wrote [ -> ]In regards to X34 return to South shields I think the 4 original “SP60” E400s are transferring back over so there is no disruption to scholars services currently served by the 2 ex Newcastle examples
I don't think they're Euro 6, tho they could be.
(10 Nov 2022, 7:03 pm)Dans_bus_photos wrote [ -> ]I wonder if these will see off the ALX300s rather than sending them to Teesside?

Doubt it, the ALX300 routes don't need Decker's nor do any of the single decker routes in Newcastle.

Imagine they will leave the region to replace ALX400's elsewhere.

i can understand Newcastle and Manchester, i know Portsmouth has a CAZ coming as well but Portsmouth, Winchester and Chichester have had a decent few deliveries over the past decade,

for example, 2012,2014 and 2019 i think double decker wise, they replaced a lot of older tridents with various batches of the ex-Newcastle (56 plate I believe) E400 tridents, some 07 ex Newcastle E400s, and a few 08 ex Manchester E400s.  

oxford again I am surprised as they had a rather young fleet and i think they have had deliveries recently as some of their 2010 hybrids recently transferred to Manchester.

i can understand Northampton as they have I think around 20 04 plate tridents which are still going strong. although i would have used cascades from Manchester and maybe Newcastle to oust the tridents as 200 buses between 12 areas isn't going to stretch far. probably around 16 or 17 buses each if there's an equal distribution
Dans_bus_photos
I wonder if these will see off the ALX300s rather than sending them to Teesside?

not sure if I’m honest but if Stocktons MMC batch go up to Newcastle maybe they’ll send the rest of the ALX300 and possibly a few man E300s like the 09 platers or these new Cumbria ones to go with the alx300
(10 Nov 2022, 7:03 pm)Dans_bus_photos wrote [ -> ]I wonder if these will see off the ALX300s rather than sending them to Teesside?
What's Teesside going to get in place of their 200MMCs that're coming up then?
I think getting new buses I? At Stockton depot that why E200 mmc going to Newcastle I? If I am right
(12 Nov 2022, 3:42 pm)glen wrote [ -> ]I think getting new buses I? At Stockton depot that why E200 mmc going to Newcastle I? If I am right
I was under the impression Newcastle are getting Stockton's MMCs for the CAZ, and Newcastle was sending their ALX300s to replace them.
Why didn't they go Newcastle in first place? Why now