North East Buses

Full Version: Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11 Jan 2015, 1:03 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]As much as I would like to see the Stagecoach Gold brand implemented in the North East, I don't think the X34 is that good a performer to justify being the first route in the North East to be converted to this specification...

Outside of peak times, from what I have seen, the X34 often carries very few people (and those who are on-board are typically older people rather than adult single/return fares). Of course, during peak times and at Christmas, completely different story...

I don't know much about Gold specification, but could the 39/40 (I hope I got that right, that ones that go to Walker and Wallsend) not do with Gold?
(11 Jan 2015, 1:05 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]I don't know much about Gold specification, but could the 39/40 (I hope I got that right, that ones that go to Walker and Wallsend) not do with Gold?

I'm not too sure about that one. I think the Hybrids work well on there and from what little experience I have had of using services 39/40, most journeys have been short hops or fairly short rides into the City Centre.

I think Gold works best on the longer distance services, but we don't really have many of those in the North East...
Would it take much work to create a connection between the e1 or e2 onto the x34? I would use the bus over the metro any day of the week personally
(11 Jan 2015, 3:44 pm)idiot wrote [ -> ]Would it take much work to create a connection between the e1 or e2 onto the x34? I would use the bus over the metro any day of the week personally

Probably not. All it would take is for the timings to be synced (presuming timings aren't synced already) and Horsley Hill Square could feasibly be used as an interchange point between the services. 

Like others, I have my doubts in the merits of combining the services together into one route. While new links may be created between, say Whiteleas and Whitburn, I think it's unlikely that people would use the service between Newcastle and Sunderland. 
I wonder if the 34 will be extended to cover Wolviston court now the 45 will be lost, even if its one every hour under 34a.
No, service 45 is still running albeit hourly, under stagecarriage
I think the x34 should termanate at south shields town centre
A rarity in this thread from me.

Stagecoach Gold
686 - Newcastle - Woolsington - Ponteland - Otterburn - Jedburgh - Ancrum - St Boswells - Galashiels - Gorebridge - Dalkeith - Edinburgh 
(29 Mar 2015, 3:38 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]A rarity in this thread from me.

Stagecoach Gold
686 - Newcastle - Woolsington - Ponteland - Otterburn - Jedburgh - Ancrum - St Boswells - Galashiels - Gorebridge - Dalkeith - Edinburgh 
Interesting suggestion Adam, would that be better as a Megabus Service and going up the A1 through Morpeth, Alnwick and Berwick.

It is an alternative to the train, but would take forever to get there, been on the bus to Scotland a few times myself and hated it

#malarkeymarathon

Stagecoach Gold
Flaming hell.
I sincerely hope that whatever operates this route is a coach with
  • Luxurious leather seats
  • Power sockets
  • Friendly driver
  • Trolley service
  • On board toilet
  • Sleeping cabins - like Megabus Gold  
  • Clean and inviting buses - unlike Arriva
  • A short stop at Otterburn, Jedburgh and Galashiels for passengers to stretch their legs
  • On board televisions
I don't expect much on long-distance coaches, you know. Wink  

Stagecoach Gold

I am sure that was a route pre-86.
(30 Mar 2015, 11:22 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]I am sure that was a route pre-86.

Is the Peter Hogg 131 not what is left of it now?
(30 Mar 2015, 11:27 am)roar wrote [ -> ]Is the Peter Hogg 131 not what is left of it now?

More than likely.
First have Edinburgh to Gala services too.
How successful it will be once the railway re-opens, is another matter.
Like Malarkey, I rarely appear in the Stagecoach part of the forum, but here goes;

Service X34 - Follows current route all the way to Horsley Hill, but extended non-stop to South Shields, allowing something of an express between Newcastle and South Shields. Although obviously nothing in terms of speed in comparison to the Tyne and Wear Metro.

Service X35 - Newcastle Blackett Street, Gateshead Interchange, Heworth Metro - then non-stop to Sunderland, Park Lane. Again, a lot slower than the Tyne and Wear Metro.

Just some ideas, obviously being a rare Stagecoach user, I don't know if these would be viable.
(30 Mar 2015, 11:30 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]More than likely.
First have Edinburgh to Gala services too.
How successful it will be once the railway re-opens, is another matter.

Always fancied doing the First X95 from Edinburgh to Carlisle via Galashiels but looks like it could be painful with the wrong vehicle or passenger's aboard.
(30 Mar 2015, 11:38 am)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Like Malarkey, I rarely appear in the Stagecoach part of the forum, but here goes;

Service X34 - Follows current route all the way to Horsley Hill, but extended non-stop to South Shields, allowing something of an express between Newcastle and South Shields. Although obviously nothing in terms of speed in comparison to the Tyne and Wear Metro.

Service X35 - Newcastle Blackett Street, Gateshead Interchange, Heworth Metro - then non-stop to Sunderland, Park Lane. Again, a lot slower than the Tyne and Wear Metro.

Just some ideas, obviously being a rare Stagecoach user, I don't know if these would be viable.

Depends if its working or not!
(30 Mar 2015, 11:39 am)roar wrote [ -> ]Always fancied doing the First X95 from Edinburgh to Carlisle via Galashiels but looks like it could be painful with the wrong vehicle or passenger's aboard.

Must admit, when I've been thinking of doing cross-country stuff in the future - that X95 service appealed to me at first.

But then when I saw it had Enviros on, and appeared to be quite a busy service...maybe not! Tongue
(30 Mar 2015, 11:40 am)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Must admit, when I've been thinking of doing cross-country stuff in the future - that X95 service appealed to me at first.

But then when I saw it had Enviros on, and appeared to be quite a busy service...maybe not! Tongue

When I first fancied doing the X95 these were regular vehicles on it, as with you the enviro's do put me off more now.

Volvo Olympian Alexander Royal   
(30 Mar 2015, 11:39 am)roar wrote [ -> ]Always fancied doing the First X95 from Edinburgh to Carlisle via Galashiels but looks like it could be painful with the wrong vehicle or passenger's aboard.

Wouldn't do that unless it was a decker.
Mind, splitting it up or using the train for part of the trip may make it more bearable.
Some new suggestions for Sunderland:

5/5A – Extend from Doxford to Doxford International – Every 30 minutes (Hourly Sunday)

12 - South Hylton - Sunderland - Silksworth  (replaces the 8 – Extends from Sunderland to South Hylton – however the 12 will only go to South Hylton, Half hourly, Same frequency as currently) or drop it down to every 15 mins along full route)

23 – Extend from Dene Estate to Seaburn during the week, Sundays will be same as now (when work is completed)