North East Buses

Full Version: Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(21 Jan 2021, 5:52 pm)Coastliner700 wrote [ -> ]An option would be for the No1 to continue all the way along Silver Lonnen, then left at Stamfordham Road or via Slatyford Lane to its normal route. You could maybe have a loop. 1 going clockwise and 1A going anti clockwise. 30/31 would terminate at Whickham View. Even without the 64 you wouldn’t need 36 then. You could just operate 62/63 via Spital Tongues.

Yeah good idea.
Its just a question of waiting and seeing,i suspect the rumor is exactly that,a rumor,its been years since Stagecoach Newcastle introduced any sort if new route,theyve chopped and changed and withdrawn routes,but never anything new, but tbh the 62/63 have struggled with the demand now for years,its rare you ever see em turn up on time,something does need doing about it
(22 Jan 2021, 1:40 am)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Its just a question of waiting and seeing,i suspect the rumor is exactly that,a rumor,its been years since Stagecoach Newcastle introduced any sort if new route,theyve chopped and changed and withdrawn routes,but never anything new, but tbh the 62/63 have struggled with the demand now for years,its rare you ever see em turn up on time,something does need doing about it

too right
Was wondering if i could email Stagecoach myself and see if the rumors are true
I emailed Stagecoach last night,and they've said that the 64 and 73 arent happening and that there are no plans of introducing any new services, tbh i knew it was too good to be true
(02 Feb 2021, 2:56 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]I emailed Stagecoach last night,and they've said that the 64 and 73 arent happening and that there are no plans of introducing any new services, tbh i knew it was too good to be true

that's abit disappointing, of all the rumor's I've heard them two made the most sense. especially the 64 to improve the reliability of the 62/63. alas not ours to reason why
(02 Feb 2021, 2:56 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]I emailed Stagecoach last night,and they've said that the 64 and 73 arent happening and that there are no plans of introducing any new services, tbh i knew it was too good to be true

yeah I thought so too. at least we now have confirmation.
(03 Feb 2021, 11:19 am)logidoodah wrote [ -> ]yeah I thought so too. at least we now have confirmation.

Tbh, that kind of response sounds like corporate speak for 'no comment'

GNE had 'no plans' to extend the X21 to West Auckland despite me being told by several drivers that it was already confirmed, and then it happened
(03 Feb 2021, 11:28 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Tbh, that kind of response sounds like corporate speak for 'no comment'

GNE had 'no plans' to extend the X21 to West Auckland despite me being told by several drivers that it was already confirmed, and then it happened
Just a simple case of 'never say never'
(03 Feb 2021, 11:28 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Tbh, that kind of response sounds like corporate speak for 'no comment'

Maybe this has given them the idea for the future as I know they have tried lots of different solutions to 62/63 delay times which none seem to have a significant impact on reliability. Just more of a nuisance to passengers coz of changing times.
If these are just rumours that someone made up then at least they made conversation and the possibility for this route in the near future hopefully as it's needed. However if they did somehow come from corporate, I don't see the point in denying it/saying no comment surelyyou could just say we're thinking about it and/or get customer feedback on this route if it were to be introduced, when things get back to whatever normal will be.
(03 Feb 2021, 10:54 pm)logidoodah wrote [ -> ]Maybe this has given them the idea for the future as I know they have tried lots of different solutions to 62/63 delay times which none seem to have a significant impact on reliability. Just more of a nuisance to passengers coz of changing times.
If these are just rumours that someone made up then at least they made conversation and the possibility for this route in the near future hopefully as it's needed. However if they did somehow come from corporate, I don't see the point in denying it/saying no comment surelyyou could just say we're thinking about it and/or get customer feedback on this route if it were to be introduced, when things get back to whatever normal will be.

Because if they say they're thinking about it, then don't do it, it'll look bad on them for choosing not to improve services, with people probably thinking it's down to money.

Whereas if they deny it ever being a thing, then decide not to do it, nobody will be the wiser, but if they do turn around and do it, then people will think they managed to change the company's mind even though it was going to happen regardless
(03 Feb 2021, 11:16 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Because if they say they're thinking about it, then don't do it, it'll look bad on them for choosing not to improve services, with people probably thinking it's down to money.

Whereas if they deny it ever being a thing, then decide not to do it, nobody will be the wiser, but if they do turn around and do it, then people will think they managed to change the company's mind even though it was going to happen regardless

yeah good point
Had a rethink on possible Hartlepool services depending on if they get busy again when things get back to normal and summer services.

1 1A 1B

1 As now 30 Minutes between Middlesbrough and High Tunstall. But to help with timing will no longer serve Warrior Park and instead use full Length of Elizabeth Way both ways. See in Seaton it would be Elizabeth Way then Bus Station before continuing to Middlesbrough. Some Journeys towards Seaton will also serve the Interchange. Some evening journeys will return over the summer months reverting to a 6 Pm finish over winter.

1A Will run in conjunction with the 1 between High Tunstall and Seaton Carew providing a 15 minute service. It would Serve Wiltshire Way instead of Throston Grange Lane and Warrior Park with all journeys Terminating at Seaton Carew Bus Station. All Journeys would serve the Interchange. This will be a Monday - Saturday Daytime only.

1B will operate Evenings and Sundays only. It will operate between Throston Grange - Seaton Carew via Service 1 Route to Town Centre and 1A route in Seaton Carew.

2 3 3A

2 Bishop Cuthbert - Seaton Carew

Service 2 will follow service 3 route to Town Centre but operate via Chatham Road instead of Challoner Road. It will then operate via Service 1 route to Seaton Carew adding an additional service for Teesbay Retail park. Will operate every 30 minutes providing a 15 minute frequency between Bishop Cuthbert and the Town Centre. Would inter work with service 3 at Bishop Cuthbert. This will be a daytime service only. Will operate hourly on Sundays.

Service 3 As now but will return to a 30 minute service interworking with service 2.

Service 3A current service will end but 3A will continue as an evening and Sunday service between Bishop Cuthbert and Owton Manor where it will operate a one way loop of Wynyard Road, Owton Manor Lane and Kilmarnock Road.

Service 4 and 5

Service 4 will return as a Monday - Saturday daytime service between Hart Station and Owton Manor via the Marina and Interchange. It will also operate via Milbank Road and operate the current 3A route from the town Centre. Will interwork with service 5 at Owton Manor. This will operate every 30 minutes Monday - Saturday daytime and hourly on Sunday daytimes.

Service 5 Will operate between Owton Manor and Navigation Point. From Owton Manor it will operate the service 6 route from Owton Manor to the town Centre before operating via Park Road, Huckleoveren Way and Church Street serving the college of Northern Art. Return Journeys will operate via Maritime Avenue instead of Church Street and Tower Street Church Square and Victoria Road instead of Park Road. Service 5 will operate every 30 minutes on a Monday - Saturday Daytime only.

Services 6 7

Service 6 as now but full length Evening Journeys will return.

Service 7 will continue as now.
Since the 22 has proved successful heres some crazy suggestions,but could work if done correctly
12-Cobalt,via Wallsend Metro,High Street East,Tynemouth Road,Ridley Avenue,Coniston Road,Hadrian Park,Middle Engine Lane,Cobalt
40-Cobalt/Silverlink via Wallsend Metro,Station Road,Mullen Road,Battle Hill,Hadrian Park,Middle Engine Lane,Silverlink,Cobalt
The 40 could be a problem extending to cobalt, it has enough trouble keeping to time on the current route and I wouldn't see the need if you can change at wallsend anyway

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I'd love to see an X62. Works the same way as the X63 instead this one goes via Byker Chillingham Road Four Lane Ends and straight down to the Quorm to meet up with the X63 but instead serve West Bailey then East Bailey
Sunderland Division:
Extend the 16 From Hastings Hill to Washington, Competing with GNE 2/2A.
Extend the 23 to Seaburn Morrisions i.e like old 24.

South Shields Division:
Extend 17 to Boldon ASDA, might get a few pax away from GNE 5 & 50.
New Service 18A: South Shields - Westoe - Chichester - South Tyneside Hospital - Simonside - Brockley Whins - Low Simonside (replacing 10 & 11) - York Avenue - Jarrow - Hebburn - Monkton Lane.

Newcastle Division:
New Service X64: Newcastle - South Gosforth - Longbenton - Four Lane Ends - Killingworth - Benton ASDA - Northumberland Park.
Extend 12 From Wallsend to Hadrian Park via Rosehill and High Farm.
Would Stagecoach ever venture to Callerton again? Blue Bus Services used to run a 74A to Callerton years ago. They run the 685 with Arriva to Hexham, could they run from Westerhope via Callerton to Hexham? GNE could extend the 74 to Newbrough and curtail the X85 at Hexham as it used to be, to maintain a unique section. Or run the 74 to Consett? Adds 1 bus to PVR, but could work. Stagecoach might also gain passengers to Callerton and Hexham?
(29 Apr 2021, 10:04 am)Micheal Aaron wrote [ -> ]I'd love to see an X62. Works the same way as the X63 instead this one goes via Byker Chillingham Road Four Lane Ends and straight down to the Quorm to meet up with the X63 but instead serve West Bailey then East Bailey

Even if the X62 only served certain stops it wouldn't be much different journey time, so not much of a 'express'   journey.

Perhaps do something like this;
X62 - current X63 route but follow 62 round East then West Bailey (LIKE THIS)
X63 - Current route to Gosforth roundabout then like THIS

However I don't think there would be enough demand for both express services potentially at peak times but definetly not thourgh the day/evening as the X63 is already pretty empty other than being packed at peaks.
Service X35

Newcastle Pilgrim Street
Gateshead
Boldon ASDA
Boldon
Non stop
ST hospital
Chichester metro
South Shields interchange

This service should take 37 minutes according to maps however with stopping would probably take 40-45 minutes and will be limited atop only calling at the following:
Newcastle Pilgrim Street
Gateshead high Street
Boldon Asda
New Road-Earnest Street
New Street School
South Tyneside Hospital
Chichester metro Station
South Shields interchange

This would be a good service to rival the GNE 27 & T&W metro

This service would run every 20 minutes and will be allocated volvo B8RLE plaxton LEs with a PVR of 4-6 (I think)

Here is the route on maps including it's stops

https://maps.app.goo.gl/F2oNyHxbA7CwL2KcA