North East Buses

Full Version: Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To help with the problem of the 36 and provide a much needed service to North Tees Hospital from Hartlepool this is what I would do. Current 36A axed as there seems no point to it new 36A as well as a X36 been brought back. All service 36 and 36A will Terminate at Middlesbrough Bus Station so it will be as follows. 36 every 30 mins Current route between Hartlepool Marina to Middlesbrough Bus Station. 36A current 36 route to Marsh House Ave then Low Grange- Billingham Centre- Norton-North Tees Hospital-Stocton then non stop to Middlesbrough X36 Hart Station-Raby Road-Hartlepool Centre- Stockton Road-Wolviston-A19-Middlesbrough-Park End-James cook Hospital
(06 Aug 2014, 7:44 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]To help with the problem of the 36 and provide a much needed service to North Tees Hospital from Hartlepool this is what I would do. Current 36A axed as there seems no point to it new 36A as well as a X36 been brought back. All service 36 and 36A will Terminate at Middlesbrough Bus Station so it will be as follows. 36 every 30 mins Current route between Hartlepool Marina to Middlesbrough Bus Station. 36A current 36 route to Marsh House Ave then Low Grange- Billingham Centre- Norton-North Tees Hospital-Stocton then non stop to Middlesbrough X36 Hart Station-Raby Road-Hartlepool Centre- Stockton Road-Wolviston-A19-Middlesbrough-Park End-James cook Hospital

And all that does is makes the capacity issues between Norton and Middlesbrough on 36/37/38 worse as there's 2 less journeys along that corridor. Plus, by sending 2 36s via North Tees Hospital, you basically kill off the 37.
(06 Aug 2014, 7:56 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]And all that does is makes the capacity issues between Norton and Middlesbrough on 36/37/38 worse as there's 2 less journeys along that corridor. Plus, by sending 2 36s via North Tees Hospital, you basically kill off the 37.
. It doesent kill off the 37 though as it would be a 15 min frequency between 36A and 37 all 36 and 36A will be double deckers is well
(09 Aug 2014, 7:26 pm)AIG20 wrote [ -> ]Every time I have seen the open-top "South Shields Shuttle" bus operating its CS2 service from the Town Centre to Gypsies Green, it has either been carrying very few to no passengers at all.

Therefore, I think it would be a good idea if an open-top "Economic" service was introduced which would operate the same route as the CS2 to Gypsies Green, and carry on along the full stretch of the Coast Road all the way to the city centre (which will include Mill Lane, East Street, Whitburn Bents Road, Roker Terrace, Dame Dorothy Street, John Street and Park Lane Interchange - as well as Roker Avenue and Church Street North heading out of the city centre). It would have a frequency of every 20 minutes and be ran by Ex-London Dennis Tridents in "Economic" livery.

I wonder why the original open-top service 22 (operating between Seaburn and South Shields) was withdrawn.
It makes no difference what it carries, it's a contact from STMBC so Stagecoach have been paid
(09 Aug 2014, 7:45 pm)mrnut85 wrote [ -> ]It makes no difference what it carries, it's a contact from STMBC so Stagecoach have been paid

It does in a way though... If it's carrying nothing but air (which it has done every time I've seen it too), then when the contract comes up for renewal, the chances are it will just be withdrawn straight up.

There is scope for a summer coastal service - both Go North East and Stagecoach North East know this, and I'd be very surprised if neither of the two parties aren't in communication with the local councils about it...

Perhaps when the contract is up for renewal, those parties funding the CS2 service will put their money into something a little bit more useful...
(09 Aug 2014, 7:26 pm)AIG20 wrote [ -> ]Every time I have seen the open-top "South Shields Shuttle" bus operating its CS2 service from the Town Centre to Gypsies Green, it has either been carrying very few to no passengers at all.

Therefore, I think it would be a good idea if an open-top "Economic" service was introduced which would operate the same route as the CS2 to Gypsies Green, and carry on along the full stretch of the Coast Road all the way to the city centre (which will include Mill Lane, East Street, Whitburn Bents Road, Roker Terrace, Dame Dorothy Street, John Street and Park Lane Interchange - as well as Roker Avenue and Church Street North heading out of the city centre). It would have a frequency of every 20 minutes and be ran by Ex-London Dennis Tridents in "Economic" livery.

I wonder why the original open-top service 22 (operating between Seaburn and South Shields) was withdrawn.

Stagecoach didn't want to run it after purchase of Busways. Stagecoach got a management male person from another Stagecoach depot from down south to reshape the bus services from Wheatsheaf Depot, this is why midi routes were withdrawn (21 etc..), service 15/16 changed into service 16, service 2/3 changed to service 3 etc... etc... streamlined all the bus services, after that the Wheatsheaf depot was making more profit and the management person got a huge bonus. This is what happens with the likes of Stagecoach buying other operators out, services get cut to the bone.
(09 Aug 2014, 8:06 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Stagecoach didn't want to run it after purchase of Busways. Stagecoach got a management male person from another Stagecoach depot from down south to reshape the bus services from Wheatsheaf Depot, this is why midi routes were withdrawn (21 etc..), service 15/16 changed into service 16, service 2/3 changed to service 3 etc... etc... streamlined all the bus services, after that the Wheatsheaf depot was making more profit and the management person got a huge bonus. This is what happens with the likes of Stagecoach buying other operators out, services get cut to the bone.
which is what happened in Hartlepool and why there needs to be a rival operator
(09 Aug 2014, 7:51 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It does in a way though... If it's carrying nothing but air (which it has done every time I've seen it too), then when the contract comes up for renewal, the chances are it will just be withdrawn straight up.

There is scope for a summer coastal service - both Go North East and Stagecoach North East know this, and I'd be very surprised if neither of the two parties aren't in communication with the local councils about it...

Perhaps when the contract is up for renewal, those parties funding the CS2 service will put their money into something a little bit more useful...
It carried nothing last year and we thought it wouldn't be renewed but it was.
(10 Aug 2014, 11:51 am)mrnut85 wrote [ -> ]It carried nothing last year and we thought it wouldn't be renewed but it was.

Things change... The council might have alternative offers this year.
(10 Aug 2014, 11:51 am)mrnut85 wrote [ -> ]It carried nothing last year and we thought it wouldn't be renewed but it was.

I'd be surprised if it was renewed for 2015 unless its self sufficient. South Tyneside Council have to make another 22m worth of savings, and they're already looking at axing 350 jobs.
(09 Aug 2014, 8:06 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Stagecoach didn't want to run it after purchase of Busways. Stagecoach got a management male person from another Stagecoach depot from down south to reshape the bus services from Wheatsheaf Depot, this is why midi routes were withdrawn (21 etc..), service 15/16 changed into service 16, service 2/3 changed to service 3 etc... etc... streamlined all the bus services, after that the Wheatsheaf depot was making more profit and the management person got a huge bonus. This is what happens with the likes of Stagecoach buying other operators out, services get cut to the bone.

It has worked from them, just look at the investment Sunderland have had recently..

Although i was always say it.. we need the 21 back Tongue
whats everyones views on service 18 Forest Hall-Wallsend
I put on here a while back how good a service between Hartlepool and North Tees Hospital would be while it seems that will be happening with the launch of the new branding just not quite sure how it will work
(28 Sep 2014, 7:40 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]I put on here a while back how good a service between Hartlepool and North Tees Hospital would be while it seems that will be happening with the launch of the new branding just not quite sure how it will work

There's no plans for any changes to the 36/37/38 - the branding on the back of the leaflet are likely to be just a guide. And as for a Hartlepool-North Tees Hospital service - see this
No I asked it does seem to be that it is happening but I suppose we will see. This would be a good chance to change the Teesside network revamping routes or trying new services. I personaly think it does need to be looked at
(28 Sep 2014, 8:01 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]No I asked it does seem to be that it is happening but I suppose we will see. This would be a good chance to change the Teesside network revamping routes or trying new services. I personaly think it does need to be looked at

No, it doesn't - the network is making money, why change something that is working?
(28 Sep 2014, 8:05 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]No, it doesn't - the network is making money, why change something that is working?

It might be making money but could improvements be made to some services which could save some money for example is there any reason for the 36 to go to Park End when both the 37 and 38 go there
(28 Sep 2014, 8:13 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]It might be making money but could improvements be made to some services which could save some money for example is there any reason for the 36 to go to Park End when both the 37 and 38 go there

Yes - because the loadings justify a service every 7/8 minutes up there.
(28 Sep 2014, 8:18 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Yes - because the loadings justify a service every 7/8 minutes up there.

Fair enough then but in that case you could look at the 37 and 38 having improved freqencies with the 36 terminating at Middlesbrough Bus Station and possibly running non stop between Middlesbrough and Thornaby Station that could improve relieability on all 3 services
(28 Sep 2014, 8:26 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]Fair enough then but in that case you could look at the 37 and 38 having improved freqencies with the 36 terminating at Middlesbrough Bus Station and possibly running non stop between Middlesbrough and Thornaby Station that could improve relieability on all 3 services

The Norton-end of the 37/38 doesn't justify an increased frequency however - the busiest section of the 36/37/38 is Park End to Norton, with the extremely busiest section being Norton to Middlesbrough. Going non-stop between Middlesbrough and Thornaby would then leave Middlesbrough without any true link to Teesside Park (the 36/37/38 are the only link they have - even if it's a 10 minutes walk to the Park) as well as abandoning the Wilderness Road. Reliability of the services is down to external factors (36 has the level crossing in Billingham, then add any roadworks on top of that).