North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well then I have no idea as why it was Late then, Certainly very strange if all the others were on Time.
(21 Jun 2014, 9:25 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Well then I have no idea as why it was Late then, Certainly very strange if all the others were on Time.

You only experienced it on the 31 and 32, yes?
They aren't as demanding as the 11 and 47, therefore you might not have noticed any problems with it?
(21 Jun 2014, 9:25 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Well then I have no idea as why it was Late then, Certainly very strange if all the others were on Time.

Will be interesting to see how it gets on when it moves down to crook the back end of the week, times can be very tight at times.
(21 Jun 2014, 9:28 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]Will be interesting to see how it gets on when it moves down to crook the back end of the week, times can be very tight at times.

Do you reckon it might make a brief stop at Chester on the way?
(21 Jun 2014, 9:27 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]You only experienced it on the 31 and 32, yes?
They aren't as demanding as the 11 and 47, therefore you might not have noticed any problems with it?

Yeah I used it on the 31/32 and was it, and yeah Tom you most likely correct in myself not noticing any problems with it.
Well put it this way, it's going back to the Palatine 2 to B7TL scenario all over again with Volvo. I certainly don't think that GNE will order it!
Dont like the look of it at all
I think Volvo will certainly need to consider something because 2018 isn't that far away cough cough, Red Arrows!
(21 Jun 2014, 9:39 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]Do you reckon it might make a brief stop at Chester on the way?

Judging by the speed of the thing - if anyone spots it approaching Chester, you will have more than enough time finishing your tea and having a slow walk along to the main road in order to see it Wink
(22 Jun 2014, 12:50 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Judging by the speed of the thing - if anyone spots it approaching Chester, you will have more than enough time finishing your tea and having a slow walk along to the main road in order to see it Wink

Haha - no doubt it'll appear on Scholars at my school due to being at Chester for maintenance Tongue
(21 Jun 2014, 9:39 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]Do you reckon it might make a brief stop at Chester on the way?

No, doubt it'll get used at chester. Judging by posts i cant see it sticking to the same running board all day.
(22 Jun 2014, 11:28 am)nk55 wrote [ -> ]No, doubt it'll get used at chester. Judging by posts i cant see it sticking to the same running board all day.

Would it still go to Chester for maintenance in the case of a breakdown?
(22 Jun 2014, 11:28 am)nk55 wrote [ -> ]No, doubt it'll get used at chester. Judging by posts i cant see it sticking to the same running board all day.
It will only be used at Crook on service X21.
I don't even think it will be used on service X46.
(22 Jun 2014, 11:32 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]It will only be used at Crook on service X21.
I don't even think it will be used on service X46.

If it falls on to the board that does the pm X46, it has no choice but to work the X46.
(22 Jun 2014, 7:06 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]If it falls on to the board that does the pm X46, it has no choice but to work the X46.

That's why they'll be told to keep it off that board!

Riverside are limited to a few Toon Link boards which they can allocate 9131 to as well - and as far as I know, these boards avoid variations upon the normal "Toon Link" services (such as the 11A, for example).
Can't see the harm in it being on the board with an X46 run on it. If these vehicles were purchased for the X21, it'd need to do the X46 anyway. So it'd be useful having the performance data in advance.
(22 Jun 2014, 7:37 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Can't see the harm in it being on the board with an X46 run on it. If these vehicles were purchased for the X21, it'd need to do the X46 anyway. So it'd be useful having the performance data in advance.

It's effectively a light run back to the depot anyway, so I can't see it being too much of an issue.
When 9131 moves over to Crook, id imagine that it will be based at the depot on a Sunday, when the depot isnt in operation due to the X21 falling under the 'Angel' brand and only going as far as Durham before connecting to the 21 and running from Durham to Newcastle like an ordinary 21 weekday journey would. So, my question is, when the depot is closed, what will happen to 9131? Will it just sit in the depot until the next morning and waste a trial day or will they send it down to Chester for the day to operate the Sunday timetable which operates the service between Durham and Spennymoor and compare with the current Angel branded B5s.
(22 Jun 2014, 7:36 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]That's why they'll be told to keep it off that board!

Riverside are limited to a few Toon Link boards which they can allocate 9131 to as well - and as far as I know, these boards avoid variations upon the normal "Toon Link" services (such as the 11A, for example).

My point being, if it goes out on 1st run out but is late back then its gonna stand for 30 mins before being sent out again, if its then late back again then its 1hr behind the board it started on so in theory it could end up doing the X21/X46 run. And to be fair it'd get a good hill heading up high jobs hill, i know some of the current B7s struggle up.
(22 Jun 2014, 8:09 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]When 9131 moves over to Crook, id imagine that it will be based at the depot on a Sunday, when the depot isnt in operation due to the X21 falling under the 'Angel' brand and only going as far as Durham before connecting to the 21 and running from Durham to Newcastle like an ordinary 21 weekday journey would. So, my question is, when the depot is closed, what will happen to 9131? Will it just sit in the depot until the next morning and waste a trial day or will they send it down to Chester for the day to operate the Sunday timetable which operates the service between Durham and Spennymoor and compare with the current Angel branded B5s.

I'd imagine it'll have the day off.

(22 Jun 2014, 8:37 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]My point being, if it goes out on 1st run out but is late back then its gonna stand for 30 mins before being sent out again, if its then late back again then its 1hr behind the board it started on so in theory it could end up doing the X21/X46 run. And to be fair it'd get a good hill heading up high jobs hill, i know some of the current B7s struggle up.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Two of the six Pronto boards work onto the evening X46s. I am confident when I say that Crook will be told that they cannot allocate 9131 to these boards. They will be told that it can work any of the four remaining boards that run off onto an X46.

If it works out that 9131 is running late and it has been replaced at Bishop Auckland, it will simply move onto the next board which does not work onto the X46.