North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rumours galore tonight... Makes for some interesting reading on an otherwise boring Sunday!
BTW the person that told me is one of the most well respected people on the bus enthusiast scene so it might not be the bullshit people make it out to be
(12 Apr 2015, 4:30 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]BTW the person that told me is one of the most well respected people on the bus enthusiast scene so it might not be the bullshit people make it out to be

Even the most respected of bus enthusiasts can get it wrong sometimes. Nobody is beyond scrutiny. 
(12 Apr 2015, 4:30 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]BTW the person that told me is one of the most well respected people on the bus enthusiast scene so it might not be the bullshit people make it out to be

Not Steven Hodgson was it....
Nooooooooo not at all
(12 Apr 2015, 4:23 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]I was told by someone yesterday (They will remain nameless) that the Black Omnicity's ARE for Toonlink services 11, 31 and 32 with service 47 becoming part of the Red Kite group.

I hope the black Omni's are for the Toonlink services, 11,31 and 32.

As for the 47, not sure, could get a total separate brand, although not sure if it would join Red Kite.
(12 Apr 2015, 4:23 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]I was told by someone yesterday (They will remain nameless) that the Black Omnicity's ARE for Toonlink services 11, 31 and 32 with service 47 becoming part of the Red Kite group.
I imagine the Omnicitys will go on the 11, 31, 32.

I think it sort of makes sense having the 47 part of the Red Kite brand as between Rowlands Gill and Newcastle it follows pretty much the same route. Wasn't it also rumoured it was going to be extended to Consett in place of one of the Venture services (V9 I think).

Can't believe everything people tell you, no matter how respected they are - they could be right but they may be wrong.
I think the black Omnicitys are for a bus route in the north east operated by Go North East. Smile

Hope this helps Tongue
(12 Apr 2015, 4:43 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I imagine the Omnicitys will go on the 11, 31, 32.

I think it sort of makes sense having the 47 part of the Red Kite brand as between Rowlands Gill and Newcastle it follows pretty much the same route. Wasn't it also rumoured it was going to be extended to Consett in place of one of the Venture services (V9 I think).

Can't believe everything people tell you, no matter how respected they are - they could be right but they may be wrong.

Could easily work well if the 47 was extended to Consett.

The spare Solo from the V9 could then go to Deptford to make up the PVR on the 238/239. 
I hope the Omnicities don't go onto the Toon Link. In my opinion, it would make more sense to cascade the omnicities over to the loop displacing the solars onto the Toon Link. This would mean that the full Toon Link allocation would be 54 reg eventhough you still have the vehicle mix.
If the 47 was extended to Consett the current Buzzfare boundaries would probably need to be redrawn.

I don't think it will happen.
(12 Apr 2015, 4:46 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Aye Tommy, nowt gets past you  Big Grin

I will agree with you.

Nah, Stagecoach are leaving and all their buses are being painted black, the OmniCities displace the T-reg MANs.  Big Grin
(12 Apr 2015, 4:43 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I hope the black Omni's are for the Toonlink services, 11,31 and 32.

As for the 47, not sure, could get a total separate brand, although not sure if it would join Red Kite.
Just to dowse more fuel on the speculation/rumour mill, whilst having a rare read through posts on the Facebook Pages Last Night, I read Deckers on Order for the 47 will be Branded Red Kite.

#takenwithapinchofsalt
#neverbelievewhatyoureadonfacebook
#rumoursgalore
#hashtagsonneb
(12 Apr 2015, 4:51 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Just to dowse more fuel on the speculation/rumour mill, whilst having a rare read through posts on the Facebook Pages Last Night, I read Deckers on Order for the 47 will be Branded Red Kite.

#takenwithapinchofsalt
#rumoursgalore
#hashtagsonneb

Least then 3 service numbers will be part of the same brand, 45,46,47 haha 

Anything could happen with the orders... no news has come out on what else has being ordered
(12 Apr 2015, 3:17 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]I reckon a bus route running out of Stanley Depot  Tongue

Quote of the year!
(12 Apr 2015, 4:51 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Just to dowse more fuel on the speculation/rumour mill, whilst having a rare read through posts on the Facebook Pages Last Night, I read Deckers on Order for the 47 will be Branded Red Kite.

#takenwithapinchofsalt
#rumoursgalore
#hashtagsonneb

It's all BS.

I know for certain that 150 new ADL E400MMCs are on order along with an extra 880 StreetLites for the X66. The S1 is to be extended to Durham.

I read that from a website called "The Real GNE Order", albeit quite a useful website. Big Grin 
If the Omnicities are for the ToonLink services, then anyone reckon the B7RLE's may go to service 57? There's 5 of them after all....
(12 Apr 2015, 5:01 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]If the Omnicities are for the ToonLink services, then anyone reckon the B7RLE's may go to service 57? There's 5 of them after all....

Possibly as it will probably need something soon to replace the Renowns.

Then we have the mystery of what will go on the 47.

Who knows?
(12 Apr 2015, 5:04 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Possibly as it will probably get investment soon.

Who knows?

Not really a mystery if the rumour of the service being brought under the Red Kite brand is to be believed.
(12 Apr 2015, 5:04 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Possibly as it will probably need something soon to replace the Renowns.

Who knows?

I guess speculation could say that as the 45/46 are getting new Streetlites then the 47 could get Streetdeck double decks to match....