North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(30 Dec 2013, 4:46 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]29 is replacing the 38/38A, not the 238.

It won't be every half-hour, passenger numbers aren't really good on the services to be honest. More busy from Boldon ASDA to Sunderland, I've been on the X36 a few times, and it normally picks a few up around Downhill and Hylton Red House.

I was just going by GNE plans which was on the consultation, which was that the X36 would be increased to every 30 mins.

Changes will confirm everything
(30 Dec 2013, 4:47 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Happy 21st Birthday Wink

Thanks Tom
I was on a 78 today and bearing this discussion in mind and the vehicles on the route having seen better days and needing replacing, I wondered if the route could justify deckers.

I appreciate the low bridge at Pelton on the current route, so wondered if it was worth re-jigging the 8 and 78, so that deckers could be used on the Chester - Sunderland section and single deckers on the Chester - Stanley/Consett part.

I can't imagine the through passengers are particularly high via Chester for either service either.

On a slightly different note, the fibreglass wheelarch below the rear facing seat on the 78 I was on today had taken a bit of a battering.
(30 Dec 2013, 7:29 pm)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]I was on a 78 today and bearing this discussion in mind and the vehicles on the route having seen better days and needing replacing, I wondered if the route could justify deckers.

I appreciate the low bridge at Pelton on the current route, so wondered if it was worth re-jigging the 8 and 78, so that deckers could be used on the Chester - Sunderland section and single deckers on the Chester - Stanley/Consett part.

I can't imagine the through passengers are particularly high via Chester for either service either.

On a slightly different note, the fibreglass wheelarch below the rear facing seat on the 78 I was on today had taken a bit of a battering.
The B10's are alright on the Lime but i agree they are starting to fail, last few times iv'e seen the service, theirs at least 2 Northern B10's on.

Can't for them to get new buses next year but gonna miss the B10's on them.
(30 Dec 2013, 7:38 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]The B10's are alright on the Lime but i agree they are starting to fail, last few times iv'e seen the service, theirs at least 2 Northern B10's on.

Can't for them to get new buses next year but gonna miss the B10's on them.

The modern day Leyland National or is that sacrilege? Wink

Mind, without checking, at least one of the spare Northern B10's is from the Rxxx PRG batch.
I'm intrigued to see what vehicles will replace them on the Lime... it definitely needs something heavy duty and not cheap tat like Versas or Cadets...
(30 Dec 2013, 7:46 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]I'm intrigued to see what vehicles will replace them on the Lime... it definitely needs something heavy duty and not cheap tat like Versas or Cadets...

Don't think a Versa would cope on it's long route, think a Citaro might do, I jsut hope when the new buses get delivered their not Lime colour..
(30 Dec 2013, 1:22 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Ye, GNE could change their plans but atm only info we have on the Laser is new Citaro's will replace the Scania's... to me that's daft when they could just upgrade all of the brand with new buses.

For me it would be:

Decker's for the Laser
Laser Citaro's to Prince Bishops
Prince Bishop Scania's replacing Cadets

I do doubt Citaro will be purchased to make the Laser a full Citaro operation. It is more likely that deckers will be purchased, as you suggest.
(30 Dec 2013, 7:46 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]I'm intrigued to see what vehicles will replace them on the Lime... it definitely needs something heavy duty and not cheap tat like Versas or Cadets...

I am sure heavyweight vehicles will be purchased, to meet the demands on the Lime routes. Citaro most likely.
(30 Dec 2013, 8:36 pm)Rob wrote [ -> ]I am sure heavyweight vehicles will be purchased, to meet the demands on the Lime routes. Citaro most likely.

Citaros would be brilliant for the ''Lime'' services. I think service 78 should be extended to Castleside, and combine with the V8 to provide a service every 15 minutes between Consett/Stanley and Castleside, as it always seems busy along there.
(30 Dec 2013, 8:33 pm)Rob wrote [ -> ]I do doubt Citaro will be purchased to make the Laser a full Citaro operation. It is more likely that deckers will be purchased, as you suggest.

Would be nice to see the Laser Mercs on ToonLink to replace 7 ex Arriva B10's (5144-50) plus 4841, and 5 B7RLE's. Although this would mean a Northern bus completing pvr 13. The B7's could then be put to use on either 57, 5 or 67/69.
(30 Dec 2013, 8:54 pm)benwell3031 wrote [ -> ]Would be nice to see the Laser Mercs on ToonLink to replace 7 ex Arriva B10's (5144-50) plus 4841, and 5 B7RLE's. Although this would mean a Northern bus completing pvr 13. The B7's could then be put to use on either 57, 5 or 67/69.

Didn't busmanT allude to investment for both services 57 and the Toon Link network in this post?
(30 Dec 2013, 8:54 pm)benwell3031 wrote [ -> ]Would be nice to see the Laser Mercs on ToonLink to replace 7 ex Arriva B10's (5144-50) plus 4841, and 5 B7RLE's. Although this would mean a Northern bus completing pvr 13. The B7's could then be put to use on either 57, 5 or 67/69.

New vehicles are potentially a viable option on the Toonlink services. The B7s are more likely to be moved to a spare vehicle role.
(30 Dec 2013, 9:00 pm)Rob wrote [ -> ]New vehicles are potentially a viable option on the Toonlink services. The B7s are more likely to be moved to a spare vehicle role.

The B7's are very nice, possibility of them going onto the X7?
(30 Dec 2013, 9:28 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]The B7's are very nice, possibility of them going onto the X7?

This
(30 Dec 2013, 9:41 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]This

This?!
Sensible idea Tom, if Scanias aren't massively successful then the B7RLEs should be up to the job.
(30 Dec 2013, 9:55 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Sensible idea Tom, if Scanias aren't massively successful then the B7RLEs should be up to the job.

They do seem fairly heavy duty in comparison to the Solars too. 5 could be transferred to Peterlee, with one spare, and others branded for the ''Wear Tees Express''. If the solars did transfer to Peterlee for the 202/265, the remaining B7RLE could be used as a back up to both services.
(30 Dec 2013, 10:00 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]They do seem fairly heavy duty in comparison to the Solars too. 5 could be transferred to Peterlee, with one spare, and others branded for the ''Wear Tees Express''. If the solars did transfer to Peterlee for the 202/265, the remaining B7RLE could be used as a back up to both services.

That's hardly a 'spare role', though.
(30 Dec 2013, 10:03 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]That's hardly a 'spare role', though.

How? - It would be a spare to the X7?