North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12 Apr 2015, 7:23 pm)pdiddy wrote [ -> ]Aparently there were 25 left....

Arriva bought some for Whitby and Go ahead bought the rest!!!! (So I'm told by £_€÷'*##*l)

There seems to be a lot of gossip around new buses this evening.

I heard that an independent (I want to say Delanie) took the last ones. 
(12 Apr 2015, 7:24 pm)pdiddy wrote [ -> ]I don't believe out anymore.... Guess  we shall have to wait and see

People change there minds like the weather

also if GNE get the scania omnidekkas from Brighton, depending on how many, they might go on the X21....
Well the X21 needs summit...

B7s constantly breaking down
(12 Apr 2015, 7:29 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]also if GNE get the scania omnidekkas from Brighton, depending on how many, they might go on the X21....

I think that if they were, it would only be a stop gap measure.
(12 Apr 2015, 7:29 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]also if GNE get the scania omnidekkas from Brighton, depending on how many, they might go on the X21....

I think Brighton and Hove have about 18 omnidekkas which are 03 reg minus a couple which are open toppers.

I hope they don't get them. They sound battered in my opinion, and would last about 5 minutes on most GNE routes.
(12 Apr 2015, 7:20 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It cannot be... Kuyoyo told us months ago that there was no stock B9s left and Arriva NE got the last - unless we are suggesting he was wrong!!  Tongue

22 were built for Volvo's dealer Stock:
East Yorkshire bought 6
Yellow Bus bought 5
Arriva North East bought 6
Bath Bus Company bought 1

Which does leave 4 outstanding somewhere in the country. A case of hunting who else gained Volvo B9TLs in 2014 (Delaine's AB15DBL was the last one built, presumably after the 22 stock examples, as Delaine have special little extras added).
(12 Apr 2015, 7:51 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]This country?

Yes
(12 Apr 2015, 7:40 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I hope they don't get them. They sound battered in my opinion, and would last about 5 minutes on most GNE routes.

Would be a stop gap measure at most. Can see GNE taking the oppprtunity like Stagey and Arriva getting their hands on some MK1 bodied ADL E400 deckers or even the MMC version. 
Has anyone thought these B9TLs may carry MCV Bodywork.
(12 Apr 2015, 8:29 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Why this country thou, when they could be bodied in Ireland?

At the Volvo dealership I would assume if not sold. And I'm not 100% sure but I think all Volvo bus products sold in Ireland last year were B5TLs.
Are the old style E400s Euro 5 or Euro 6 if they were built and registered after 2014?
Not sure if i've come across the right 4 buses, 3 are noted as ensign and the other registered to volvo BJ15 TWK. Did gne sell the 4 merc bendies direct to B & H or via ensign?, if so could the 4 buses due before the end of the month be these?
(12 Apr 2015, 8:56 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]Not sure if i've come across the right 4 buses, 3 are noted as ensign and the other registered to volvo BJ15 TWK. Did gne sell the 4 merc bendies direct to B & H or via ensign?, if so could the 4 buses due before the end of the month be these?

Ah yes, now I recall - Ross Newham's last email on the ukbuses Yahoo Group did mention 3 B9TLs joining the service fleet there.
(12 Apr 2015, 9:01 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Ah yes, now I recall - Ross Newham's last email on the ukbuses Yahoo Group did mention 3 B9TLs joining the service fleet there.

Must be more than originally thought as Ensign have taken 5 and 3 have been spotted heading for Preston Bus (BJ15TWF/TWG/TWK)
(12 Apr 2015, 8:55 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]Are the old style E400s Euro 5 or Euro 6 if they were built and registered after 2014?

Euro 5.

I think the only vehicle in the 'Enviro' series with the possibility of retaining the old-style with the Euro 6 engine is the gas bus that Sunderland has. 28001 - 28017 are Euro 5, while 28018 - 28040 are Euro 6, though both look identical.
(13 Apr 2015, 5:52 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Euro 5.

I think the only vehicle in the 'Enviro' series with the possibility of retaining the old-style with the Euro 6 engine is the gas bus that Sunderland has. 28001 - 28017 are Euro 5, while 28018 - 28040 are Euro 6, though both look identical.

I always thought that Stagecoach's 10000 was Euro 6?
(13 Apr 2015, 6:16 am)mb134 wrote [ -> ]I always thought that Stagecoach's 10000 was Euro 6?

Believe that's the only one which is, though, as it was a demonstration model? I may be wrong.

I think some of the old-style E400Hs are also Euro 6 with hindsight, but I'm not 100%.

Maybe it's optional, and most operators opt for Euro 5 which is cheaper?
Just seen this on Facebook, guess the X21 wont be getting any New Buses as part of this Order, unless they are Cascades.

[attachment=6556]
(13 Apr 2015, 6:31 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Just seen this on Facebook, guess the X21 wont be getting any New Buses as part of this Order, unless they are Cascades.

Attempt #7,259 by Davey Bowyer to take the B9s off the Red Arrows? Smile