North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(24 Feb 2015, 8:02 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]The new Streetlites due between March and May will be deployed on three groups of services: The X66 and Lime as many have guessed, but also the Red Kites.

Now, let the guessing commence as to where the Scania Omnicities will be heading to.....
They will look cracking in Red Kite Livery.
(24 Feb 2015, 8:02 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]The new Streetlites due between March and May will be deployed on three groups of services: The X66 and Lime as many have guessed, but also the Red Kites.

Now, let the guessing commence as to where the Scania Omnicities will be heading to.....

Omnicity's - Toonlink?
I'm a pretty good guesser like... i said Red Kites Tongue

Thanks Citaro
(24 Feb 2015, 8:08 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I'm a pretty good guesser like... i said Red Kites Tongue

Thanks Citaro

Which service haven't you guessed?! Tongue 
(24 Feb 2015, 8:05 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Omnicity's - Toonlink?

More likely the 17.
(24 Feb 2015, 8:08 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Which service haven't you guessed?! Tongue 

Well ya knar haha

Omnicities to the 17/17A.
(24 Feb 2015, 8:14 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Well ya knar haha

Omnicities to the 17/17A.

They'd still end up everywhere! Tongue
(24 Feb 2015, 8:14 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]They'd still end up everywhere! Tongue

Aye exactly.

Hopefully an additional Omnicity could be transferred to Percy Main as an additional spare.

I'd imagine new buses would be ordered for the Toon Link too, but Citaro hasn't mentioned them Wink
(24 Feb 2015, 8:13 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]More likely the 17.

I have no idea.

I don't really know what PVR services have or even where some operate.

Think Toonlink will either get new buses or cascades from another route though.
(24 Feb 2015, 8:05 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Omnicity's - Toonlink?
Not enough to make the full PVR Jimmi, Likely end up at Percy Main on the 17 replacing the Dual Door Renowns, or at a wild guess which likely wont happen, they go to Riverside for the 93/94 displacing the Solars to replace the Dual Door Renowns at Percy Main. 
(24 Feb 2015, 8:17 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Not enough to make the full PVR Jimmi, Likely end up at Percy Main on the 17 replacing the Dual Door Renowns, or at a wild guess which likely wont happen, they go to Riverside for the 93/94 displacing the Solars to replace the Dual Door Renowns at Percy Main. 

Had a feeling that would be the case.
As citaro confirmed the first part of this, I might as well share this comment from 'The Northern Road Transport Trust' Facebook Group by a certain well-known Metrobus owner

Lee Garrett
I'm lead to believe an order has been placed for more Streetlites. These are for the X66, The Lime and Red Kite group of services. The Omnicity Scania's currently running on The Red Kite route, will be cascaded onto the ToonLink branded routes.

Yesterday at 09:50
So why would the Omnicities be cascaded onto the Toon Link routes, when there isn't enough to cover the PVR?!
(24 Feb 2015, 8:22 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]So why would the Omnicities be cascaded onto the Toon Link routes, when there isn't enough to cover the PVR?!

Who's to say the entire PVR needs replacing? The B7RLEs are only 10 years old after all, unlike the now 15 years old B10BLEs
(24 Feb 2015, 8:21 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]As citaro confirmed the first part of this, I might as well share this comment from 'The Northern Road Transport Trust' Facebook Group by a certain well-known Metrobus owner

Nowt like Tony to spoil the fun.....
(24 Feb 2015, 8:24 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Who's to say the entire PVR needs replacing? The B7RLEs are only 10 years old after all, unlike the now 15 years old B10BLEs

Just to go further:
Amount of Toon Link branded vehicles: 13 (8 Volvo B10BLEs and 5 Volvo B7RLEs)
Amount of Red Kite branded vehicles: 9
Only the 8 Volvo B10BLEs need to be withdrawn by 2016 and since there is 9 omnicities, 8 could transfer and 1 could go to either Riverside with them or another depot to act as a spare vehicle.
(24 Feb 2015, 8:24 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Who's to say the entire PVR needs replacing? The B7RLEs are only 10 years old after all, unlike the now 15 years old B10BLEs

Thought split allocations were something GNE try to avoid?
(24 Feb 2015, 8:21 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]As citaro confirmed the first part of this, I might as well share this comment from 'The Northern Road Transport Trust' Facebook Group by a certain well-known Metrobus owner

Once again people would not believe what I have said on here and quickly dismissed it, it's like when the Sunderland Connect Solo SR's gained them adverts over Christmas everyone thought I was spouting garbage but turned out to be true.

This was a sheer guess mind!
(24 Feb 2015, 8:28 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Thought split allocations were something GNE try to avoid?
47 no longer interworks with 11/31/32.
(24 Feb 2015, 8:27 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Nowt like Tony to spoil the fun.....

Now now citaro, if I'd wanted to spoil anything, I'd have posted that yesterday Wink