North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(15 Mar 2015, 11:06 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Streetlites have been ordered for service X66. As I said before, it's a different vehicle type for the four citaro5284 has mentioned.

We have established that the single deck orders are Streetlites. So really, the four vehicles citaro5284 has mentioned can only be minibus, midibus or double deck... Which service(s) have a PVR of 3 (with 1 spare) or 4?

I was thinking more along the lines of when 5337/8 came up and we're swapped with 4 Cadets from the NE fleet, what are Brighton swapping in exchange for the bendys they have received? Or were they made possible by cascades from the X66 that GNE didn't have a need for and were withdrawn several months early.
The 38?
Solos so it's the same as the 238?
(15 Mar 2015, 11:19 am)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]I was thinking more along the lines of when 5337/8 came up and we're swapped with 4 Cadets from the NE fleet, what are Brighton swapping in exchange for the bendys they have received? Or were they made possible by cascades from the X66 that GNE didn't have a need for and were withdrawn several months early.

The articulated vehicles in the fleet were withdrawn as a result of the service revisions in January/February 2015, ahead of new vehicles arriving in March 2015 (for the X66) and further service revisions (QuayLink/X40) in July 2015 when the contract ends.
I doubt it'll be the case, but I'd have loved to see another 4x Citaros coming from somewhere, and an increase in frequency of the X7 to half hourly.
DFDS 327? Especially with the lolynes having to be withdrawn by the end of next year...better to get them replaced sooner rather than later.
So far i have services with 3 PVR or 4 PVR:

5 – PVR 4
X7 – PVR 3 (Although unlikely, unless it goes half hourly, once again doubt it)
13/14 – 3 PVR
15/15A – 3 PVR
19 – 4 PVR
38 – 3 PVR (agree with Tom)
X84/X85 - PVR 4 
700 – 3 PVR (701 – 1 PVR) – Contract due to be renewed From July this year.

FFS, once again, i can't remember the PVR of these!

X30/X31
X70/X71 
(15 Mar 2015, 11:25 am)Robert wrote [ -> ]DFDS 327? Especially with the lolynes having to be withdrawn by the end of next year...better to get them replaced sooner rather than later.

There's some 55 plate Scania double decks being refurbished ex London for Hedingham at the moment so you might be in with a shout with this one. Having said that they've just been rebranded recently although I would think that would be paid for by DFDS so not a huge issue?
(15 Mar 2015, 11:28 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]So far i have services with 3 PVR or 4 PVR:

5 – PVR 4
X7 – PVR 3 (Although unlikely, unless it goes half hourly, once again doubt it)
13/14 – 3 PVR
15/15A – 3 PVR
19 – 4 PVR
38 – 3 PVR (agree with Tom)
X84/X85 - PVR 4 
700 – 3 PVR (701 – 1 PVR) – Contract due to be renewed From July this year.

FFS, once again, i can't remember the PVR of these!

X30/X31
X70/X71 

Isn't the 13/14 a PVR of 1 on the 13 and 3 on the 14/X22?

No idea as to where they will go and I don't know PVR's for most GNE services.
(15 Mar 2015, 11:33 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Isn't the 13/14 a PVR of 1 on the 13 and 3 on the 14/X22?

No idea as to where they will go and I don't know PVR's for most GNE services.

Yeah - the 13 and 14 don't interwork but the 14 and X22 do. 
(15 Mar 2015, 11:34 am)Robert wrote [ -> ]Yeah - the 13 and 14 don't interwork but the 14 and X22 do. 

Ah right, take that off the list, i just went by the timetables.
(15 Mar 2015, 11:31 am)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]There's some 55 plate Scania double decks being refurbished ex London for Hedingham at the moment so you might be in with a shout with this one. Having said that they've just been rebranded recently although I would think that would be paid for by DFDS so not a huge issue?

Suppose the same could be said for the ex-X66 Citaros. They had been repainted and rebranded in such a complex livery and then a year later, they were withdrawn and out of the fleet.
(15 Mar 2015, 11:37 am)Robert wrote [ -> ]Suppose the same could be said for the ex-X66 Citaros. They had been repainted and rebranded in such a complex livery and then a year later, they were withdrawn and out of the fleet.

I think again part or all of the cost would be covered by Metrocentre and it's owners (intu) in order to keep up with the centres' (re-)brands - I know the 100 shuttle has a similar agreement.
I'm thinking an upgrade for X84/X85 is most likely, thought I'm not sure they justify deckers - unless the vehicles are cascaded Mercs or other single decker.
I can't see the X7 getting newer vehicles - unless of course, it is been increased in frequency even just to Peterlee or Station Town, to try and rival the X21 even more? If it is for X7, it'll have to be Mercs.
Mind if it is Mercs, I wonder if they are been used as spares, rather than allocated to a new service? One could argue having 5337/5338 at Stanley has been successful on the diamond, and having some spare Mercs at Deptford/Riverside, may be a good idea as spares for 61, Laser, Crusader & Blaydon Racers. 
If it's not Mercs, I haven't a clue where they going - I can't think of any route that require Deckers or a route that needs minibuses that has a PVR of 3/4.
I think the omnicities off the Coaster should transfer to Washington for services 82/82A/85/ & 86 with cadets transfering to Stanley to replace some Olympians and Streetlites or versas for services 1 &1A. I doubt this will happen
(15 Mar 2015, 5:33 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]I think the omnicities off the Coaster should transfer to  Washington for services 82/82A/85/ & 86 with cadets transfering to Stanley to replace some Olympians and Streetlites or versas for services 1 &1A. I doubt this will happen

Try getting an Omnicity round the Village on the 86!

It's bad enough when a President makes it's way on there, and almost takes all the trees out in the process.
(15 Mar 2015, 6:32 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Try getting an Omnicity round the Village on the 86!

It's bad enough when a President makes it's way on there, and almost takes all the trees out in the process.

Good point  Tongue
(15 Mar 2015, 5:33 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]I think the omnicities off the Coaster should transfer to  Washington for services 82/82A/85/ & 86 with cadets transfering to Stanley to replace some Olympians and Streetlites or versas for services 1 &1A. I doubt this will happen

I am going to hazard a guess and say that the only way the olympians will be replaced is with more deckers because of scholars services.

The 82/82A/85/86 don't get many passengers, so its pointless putting them on those routes.
(15 Mar 2015, 6:49 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]The 82/82A/85/86 don't get many passengers, so its pointless putting them on those routes.

Not to mention Omnicities are absolutely hopeless on a town route.
Struggled round a 15 with 4659 once, lost time horrendously!
(15 Mar 2015, 9:22 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Not to mention Omnicities are absolutely hopeless on a town route.
Struggled round a 15 with 4659 once, lost time horrendously!

Which is ironic - given Scania designed it as a Citybus Wink