North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02 Mar 2014, 6:34 pm)pdiddy wrote [ -> ]I was told GNE ordered several Volvo B9s , which were due to be delivered in May for the 20... they are now not going on the 20... unsure as yet where they going

There have been rumours flying about regarding Geminis for the Prince Bishops for at least a year now. First they were brand new, then they were being sourced from London...

I'd put my money on this being pointless hearsay again. If the Prince Bishops is going to receive investment, it will probably be next year.

The Pronto is in the same boat...............
(02 Mar 2014, 7:02 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]If I'm honest I'd like to see Citaros go onto the Lime, and have a PVR increase to 14 so we don't see so many spare vehicles on it and one can stay at either Chester or Stanley (probably Stanley as their's seem to break down more often) for back up or at peak times. Citaros would be good as a replacement for the following reasons -

* Driver Comfort
* Similar in Capacity
* Citaros have replaced Renowns on the Diamond and Crusader and had a great impact

Both vehicles have similar qualities, are nice to drive, and well built for the routes.

Lime getting new buses this year and they will be citaros
(02 Mar 2014, 7:02 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]If I'm honest I'd like to see Citaros go onto the Lime, and have a PVR increase to 14 so we don't see so many spare vehicles on it and one can stay at either Chester or Stanley (probably Stanley as their's seem to break down more often) for back up or at peak times. Citaros would be good as a replacement for the following reasons -

* Driver Comfort
* Similar in Capacity
* Citaros have replaced Renowns on the Diamond and Crusader and had a great impact

Both vehicles have similar qualities, are nice to drive, and well built for the routes.

There will be 15 Citaros (13 branded and 2 red spares - one for each depot) for the Lime.
(02 Mar 2014, 7:06 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]There will be 15 Citaros (13 branded and 2 red spares - one for each depot) for the Lime.

Just been thinking, although what you said is most likely to be correct would 5337 and 5338 not act as the Lime spares at Stanley so the other 2 can go to Chester-le-Street.
(02 Mar 2014, 7:46 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote [ -> ]Just been thinking, although what you said is most likely to be correct would 5337 and 5338 not act as the Lime spares at Stanley so the other 2 can go to Chester-le-Street.

5337/8 will already be busy being spares for the Diamond, Red Kite and X30/X31 Wink
(02 Mar 2014, 7:48 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]5337/8 will already be busy being spares for the Diamond, Red Kite and X30/X31 Wink

Yeah, I knew they would be used mostly on those routes hence why I said it would probably not happen but it was just a suggestion.
(02 Mar 2014, 7:46 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote [ -> ]Just been thinking, although what you said is most likely to be correct would 5337 and 5338 not act as the Lime spares at Stanley so the other 2 can go to Chester-le-Street.

As Kuyoyo has just suggested above, their role in the fleet is to act as a reserve vehicle for all services at Stanley (first point of call being the Diamond, then the former West Durham Swift services and Red Kite). Once both vehicles arrive and they settle down at Stanley, they should release two Volvo B7TLs, which will presumably allow for the withdrawal of two Olympians.

Assuming the Lime investment goes ahead and each depot does indeed get one red spare, then they will each replace one of the current red spares at each depot.
So when the ''Lime'' gets new Citaros (or if!), 4898-4925 should really be the only Renowns left in the fleet, 4837-4855/4896-7 should be withdrawn?

4898 would be a replacement to 5165 at Percy Main, 4899 a replacement to 5164 at Riverside and 4900-2 remain at Stanley for replacements to 4847-9.
I'd imagine 4845/6 would be replaced by then.
(02 Mar 2014, 8:40 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]So when the ''Lime'' gets new Citaros (or if!), 4898-4925 should really be the only Renowns left in the fleet, 4837-4855/4896-7 should be withdrawn?

4898 would be a replacement to 5165 at Percy Main, 4899 a replacement to 5164 at Riverside and 4900-2 remain at Stanley for replacements to 4847-9.
I'd imagine 4845/6 would be replaced by then.

They should all be withdrawn.
(02 Mar 2014, 8:42 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]They should all be withdrawn.

All of them? :O
How the hell are they going to get replacement for 25+ Renowns?
(02 Mar 2014, 8:43 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]All of them? :O
How the hell are they going to get replacement for 25+ Renowns?

All of the Lime examples will be directly withdrawn. A number of Renowns are to be withdrawn in a matter of weeks, so there will be fewer to withdraw at the end of the year.

Refer to my post on Page 36 for the cascades involved in this year's withdrawals. Apart from the South Tyne (that's the only one I've guessed on iirc), I think it's roughly right as things stand, but things could change.
(02 Mar 2014, 8:47 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]All of the Lime examples will be directly withdrawn. A number of Renowns are to be withdrawn in a matter of weeks, so there will be fewer to withdraw at the end of the year.

Refer to my post on Page 36 for the cascades involved in this year's withdrawals. Apart from the South Tyne (that's the only one I've guessed on iirc), I think it's roughly right as things stand, but things could change.

Thanks Dan, forgot about the Bishop Solars possibly coming free, it'll probably only be 4911 onwards left then. My favourite renown is 4911 Big Grin
(02 Mar 2014, 8:49 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Thanks Dan, forgot about the Bishop Solars possibly coming free, it'll probably only be 4911 onwards left then. My favourite renown is 4911 Big Grin

I suggested up to 4920 on that post as I was using older figures, but looks more likely to be 4917/18 now.

In addition to the South Tyne, the Pronto is complete guesswork based on the fact it will receive Geminis at some point but it's unlikely to happen this year. The B7s will need to be taken off this year to allow more Olympians to go though.
(02 Mar 2014, 8:53 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I suggested up to 4920 on that post as I was using older figures, but looks more likely to be 4917/18 now.

In addition to the South Tyne, the Pronto is complete guesswork based on the fact it will receive Geminis at some point but it's unlikely to happen this year. The B7s will need to be taken off this year to allow more Olympians to go though.

3885-91 are it's possible replacements. I reckon two ''Pronto'' presidents could be 3890/1's replacement, not to sure if it's a requirement to have luggage racks on the 327 though?

6021/6024 could be 3890/3891's replacement, while 6034-6035/6037/6040-6041 would replace all of the Olympians at Percy Main, as I think that's more important than Stanley. Obviously there would more than likely be a few more presidents free to replace some Olympians at Stanley, but they'll probably be replaced in 2015 if the ''Pronto'' receives investment.
(02 Mar 2014, 8:58 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]3885-91 are it's possible replacements. I reckon two ''Pronto'' presidents could be 3890/1's replacement, not to sure if it's a requirement to have luggage racks on the 327 though?

6021/6024 could be 3890/3891's replacement, while 6034-6035/6037/6040-6041 would replace all of the Olympians at Percy Main, as I think that's more important than Stanley. Obviously there would more than likely be a few more presidents free to replace some Olympians at Stanley, but they'll probably be replaced in 2015 if the ''Pronto'' receives investment.

All of the Olympians will go this year, there's no question about it. Even if it means getting rid of a few contracts. Indeed there are still a few more in line to be withdrawn as per last year's orders.
(02 Mar 2014, 9:00 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]All of the Olympians will go this year, there's no question about it. Even if it means getting rid of a few contracts.

That's what will have to happen then, loosing some contracts. Where else can they get replacements from?
I wish it was 8242/46 to be withdrawn first and not those B10/ble are great buses
(02 Mar 2014, 9:22 pm)speedwheels22 wrote [ -> ]I wish it was 8242/46 to be withdrawn first and not those B10/ble are great buses

B10BLEs are older (and also non-DDA compliant) whereas the Cadets are DDA compliant. That is why the B10BLEs are going first.
(02 Mar 2014, 10:28 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]B10BLEs are older (and also non-DDA compliant) whereas the Cadets are DDA compliant. That is why the B10BLEs are going first.

Probably also linked to the fact that the Renowns being withdrawn, as full sized single deckers manufactured in 1998, were due to be withdrawn last year. The Cadets, on the other hand...
the renowns are too old some of which has passed themselves by date the R-Reg ones example 4840 1st one to be withdrawn i loved that motor as its reg plate was 340 GUP thus the odd Renown in reg plate terms i can see now Limes are deffo getting an upgrade e.g. the renowns are tired out and worn out been in service for 16 years even when the R-Reg ones were on my local route 4937-4947 they were really tired and showing signs of age at one point they had a Highwayman on that route at least about 6 or something that odd day the 4 W-Reg ones really roared 4906-4909 but the route is now Citaros i can see Lime being a Citaro route on the next order no wonder 4906-4909 both lasted a year on Crusader and Wear Tees Express but once as spare roles these can finally relax and do the not so demanding big routes