North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01 Mar 2016, 6:34 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]8299 had the warning noise going off every 2 seconds, literally.

It was doing the same thing this morning.
(01 Mar 2016, 7:29 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]It was doing the same thing this morning.

And it's a hoover, and I'm sure it's had a new engine.
(01 Mar 2016, 7:30 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]And it's a hoover, and I'm sure it's had a new engine.

Yeah, It also has a weirdly very whiney gearbox compared to the rest of the batch.
(01 Mar 2016, 7:30 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]And it's a hoover, and I'm sure it's had a new engine.
If it sounds like a hoover, the fan belt will be the problem, not the engine.
(01 Mar 2016, 7:34 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]Yeah, It also has a weirdly very whiney gearbox compared to the rest of the batch.

I noticed that, and 8298 has doors like 3814.
(01 Mar 2016, 7:35 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]If it sounds like a hoover, the fan belt will be the problem, not the engine.

I knew that.
(01 Mar 2016, 7:36 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Not all schools can afford to provide transport for their students.

A lot of schools can't afford them and the buses on top.
(01 Mar 2016, 7:35 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]If it sounds like a hoover, the fan belt will be the problem, not the engine.

Aye because when any of our Versas goes Dyson, The black smoke that comes out of the Exhaust is endless.
8294 and 8299 are the common offenders.
(01 Mar 2016, 7:41 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]Aye because when any of our Versas goes Dyson, The black smoke that comes out of the Exhaust is endless.
8294 and 8299 are the common offenders.

When 8299 pulled off a black liquid was pouring out the engine bay.
(01 Mar 2016, 7:42 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]When 8299 pulled off a black liquid was pouring out the engine bay.

That will be Diesel or Oil probably, Even though its knackered 8299 is still one of the better Versas I think.
(01 Mar 2016, 7:43 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]That will be Diesel or Oil probably, Even though its knackered 8299 is still one of the better Versas I think.

I hope it wasn't diesel as that's a fire waiting to happen imo.

(01 Mar 2016, 7:45 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]Thats a good point i was just saying my version dont think i meant all schools i was just frustrated that buses were destroyed

Cheese can't destroy a bus especially if it's already past it.
(01 Mar 2016, 7:45 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]I hope it wasn't diesel as that's a fire waiting to happen imo.
How'way Dan. It's not a Cadet.
(01 Mar 2016, 7:55 pm)pdiddy wrote [ -> ]Can all of this not go in another thread... it's hardly latest news!!!

Not like Wright Streetdecks eh pdiddy!

NSA testing tomorrow and if any are wrong, I am coming hunting for u.....
40 odd posts moved to this thread.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/tommy1581/...otostream/

Do these screens upstairs on the Gemini 3s show "Stopping" or something similar when the bell is pushed?
(01 Mar 2016, 8:24 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]https://www.flickr.com/photos/tommy1581/...otostream/

Do these screens upstairs on the Gemini 3s show "Stopping" or something similar when the bell is pushed?

Be like last years Streetlites which scroll " Bus Stopping " when the bell is pressed.
(01 Mar 2016, 8:27 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]Be like last years Streetlites which scroll " Bus Stopping " when the bell is pressed.

I've never actually noticed the scrolling "Bus Stopping" on the screens, and I've been on the, a few times. Is this a new feature on the StreetLites?
(01 Mar 2016, 8:28 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]I've never actually noticed the scrolling "Bus Stopping" on the screens, and I've been on the, a few times. Is this a new feature on the StreetLites?

As far as i'm aware, the Streetlites have separate 'Bus Stopping' signs. Have only been on one twice and its not something I have ever paid attention too.
(01 Mar 2016, 8:24 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]https://www.flickr.com/photos/tommy1581/...otostream/

No - there's a normal bus stopping sign built into the glass above the Next Stop Announcement monitor.
(01 Mar 2016, 8:30 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]No - there's a normal bus stopping sign built into the glass above the Next Stop Announcement monitor.

Ah right. Just looked a bit closer to the photo and I can work out the "Stopping" lettering there.  Smile
(01 Mar 2016, 8:29 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]As far as i'm aware, the Streetlites have separate 'Bus Stopping' signs. Have only been on one twice and its not something I have ever paid attention too.

Theres a scrolling one on the Next Stop Announcments too.
(01 Mar 2016, 8:33 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]Theres a scrolling one on the Next Stop Announcments too.
I travel regularly on the C&C routes and would just like to point out that you are incorrect on this ocassion.
A 'Bus Stopping' message is not incorporated into the next stop screens and is instead displayed on the usual 'Bus Stopping' sign behind the driver's cab.