North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09 Mar 2016, 9:56 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]Don't think the 1 will receive any investment until at least next year for starters and would either be cascades or Streetlites.
Despite constant rumours I've heard that Streetdeck's will be purchased; I can't see it happening.
Dan do you know which depots are running the 900 this weekend?
(09 Mar 2016, 10:34 pm)dannygee wrote [ -> ]Dan do you know which depots are running the 900 this weekend?

I know Chester are doing them, unsure of who else though.
Ian Bradleys Daf Tow wagon was at Crook yesterday hitched up to one of the Pronto Deckers in the yard wonder where it was going.
(10 Mar 2016, 7:19 am)lBUSFAN wrote [ -> ]Ian Bradleys Daf Tow wagon was at Crook yesterday hitched up to one of the Pronto Deckers in the yard wonder where it was going.

Could have been 6035 - noticed that it is now listed for scrap on the official GNE allocation document.
(10 Mar 2016, 7:38 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Could have been 6035 - noticed that it is now listed for scrap on the official GNE allocation document.

Yes, 6035 withdrawn and 6024 has taken its place at Stanley.
Castles in the air with GNE
http://www.route-one.net/industry/castle...-with-gne/

The article also confirms that the next deliveries will be five buses for Go North East's "Tynedale Links" service in Hexham, followed by new vehicles for the "North Tyne Links" services. The article confirms that the new vehicles for "North Tyne Links" will carry the same livery and branding as the "indiGo" Optare Solos at Peterlee. Then, "Prince Bishops" will receive brand new Wright Streetlites, and this will be followed by some new coaches for National Express.

A small except in the article discusses the Next Stop Announcements, and how Emma Hignett will be voicing other routes later this year. This will currently include all new deliveries (excluding Tynedale Links, which won't feature Next Stop Announcements); AD122; Venture; TEN, Red Kite, and the Fab Fifty Six.
(10 Mar 2016, 8:02 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Castles in the air with GNE
http://www.route-one.net/industry/castle...-with-gne/

The article also confirms that the next deliveries will be five buses for Go North East's "Tynedale Links" service in Hexham, followed by new vehicles for the "North Tyne Links" services. The article confirms that the new vehicles for "North Tyne Links" will carry the same livery and branding as the "indiGo" Optare Solos at Peterlee. Then, "Prince Bishops" will receive brand new Wright Streetlites, and this will be followed by some new coaches for National Express.

A small except in the article discusses the Next Stop Announcements, and how Emma Hignett will be voicing other routes later this year. This will currently include all new deliveries (excluding Tynedale Links, which won't feature Next Stop Announcements); AD122; Venture; TEN, Red Kite, and the Fab Fifty Six.

That was unexpected, really thought they would of stuck to "North Tyne Links".
(10 Mar 2016, 8:08 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]That was unexpected, really thought they would of stuck to "North Tyne Links".

Photographs were posted on Facebook of some of the new Optare Solos yesterday:

[attachment=7685]
[attachment=7686]
(10 Mar 2016, 8:19 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Photographs were posted on Facebook of some of the new Optare Solos yesterday:

Thanks for sharing.

I think the yellow and blue really suits the solo's, by the look of those photos, it looks like those buses are nearly complete and ready to be delivered although that might not be the case..
(10 Mar 2016, 8:19 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Photographs were posted on Facebook of some of the new Optare Solos yesterday:

Looking good Smile

Really hope they keep the same style livery on the PB streetlites though

Registrations following on from the Streetdecks then Dan?
(10 Mar 2016, 8:27 am)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Looking good Smile

Really hope they keep the same style livery on the PB streetlites though

I hope they keep it too.
Disappointed that the pointless IndiGo brand is being expanded to cover North Tyne Links - and the colour is vile anyway. However Hexham Solo livery looks good. And I enjoyed my first ride on Castles Streetdeck, much better than the silver demo; powerful enough, but ridiculously limited to 50mph. Can't understand why it needs to stop at Low Fell Cannon though - it prevents using alternative routes.
And I echo the comments above about keeping the Prince Bishops brand and livery on the Streetlites.
(10 Mar 2016, 7:47 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Yes, 6035 withdrawn.

Anybody know the mileage?
Point proved: X21 having 20+ minute delays this morning due to roadworks at Low Fell which now can't be avoided.
(10 Mar 2016, 12:31 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote [ -> ]Point proved: X21 having 20+ minute delays this morning due to roadworks at Low Fell which now can't be avoided.

In my opinion, extending or introducing a local service through Low Fell is key to solving issues in Low Fell. Just like when the Olympian in your photo worked the 2x series.
Passengers are relying on interurban services, prone to delays.
Which in turn can get stuck due to loadings.

Standing loads on a 21 aren't going to be fixed with an x21.
Reports that 3859 has caught fire in Wallsend...
I for one quite like the Indigo brand, it's quite a snappy brand I think.

Yes 3859 did indeed combust in Simonside Avenue just a mere stonesthrow away from where I live. Unfortuantley I was asleep til just before 1pm so I missed out getting some photos. All that remains is the clean up stuff that is used to mop up the oil and diesel.

Pity about 3859 was thinking of photoing it yesterday when it was on the 40/41/80. Also noticed how stupid the rear blind looked on it, well that is that problem solved anyway lol.