North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(25 Mar 2016, 7:23 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]Newbrough is the distant turning point from Hexham for the 683, so it has to pass through Fourstones on the outward journey (and on the return).

Where is Bridge End?

The one in Hexham is either on the north side of the Tyne - unless it refers to Whetstone Bridge by the High School (or Warden).

The 683 route does go via Hexham 'East End' (though only on the return to Hexham) - it does a loop from Hexham Bus Station to the East End back to Hexham Bus Station then heads off towards Newbrough.

Bridge End is by the Boat Inn.  Where the road crosses the R South Tyne.
Any updates on the repaints?
(27 Mar 2016, 4:35 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Any updates on the repaints?

4946 back in service since Thursday that's all I know of
(27 Mar 2016, 7:27 pm)Ryan99 wrote [ -> ]4946 back in service since Thursday that's all I know of

Thanks Ryan.
(27 Mar 2016, 4:35 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Any updates on the repaints?

(27 Mar 2016, 7:27 pm)Ryan99 wrote [ -> ]4946 back in service since Thursday that's all I know of

Add 5245 to that also - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...ed-public/

Leaving only 5246 to be Repainted out of the Cobalt Connect Omnicities, if it hasn't been done already.
(27 Mar 2016, 7:38 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Add 5245 to that also - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...ed-public/

Leaving only 5246 to be Repainted out of the Cobalt Connect Omnicities, if it hasn't been done already.

Was still Cobalt Connect branded on Wednesday.
(27 Mar 2016, 7:38 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Add 5245 to that also - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...ed-public/

Cheers Smile
For it being another bank holiday, Are Double Deckers working the 50A today?
Go North East
14 mins ·
Due to major congestion in and around the Metro Centre and A1, services in the region are suffering delays of up to 60 minutes at present
(28 Mar 2016, 11:41 am)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]For it being another bank holiday, Are Double Deckers working the 50A today?

I have only seen one 50A today and that was an Omnicity.
I know its really early but Dan or Citaro... Do you know which board 9102 is on tomorrow?, if so could you let me know.

Thanks
(28 Mar 2016, 8:01 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I know its really early but Dan or Citaro... Do you know which board 9102 is on tomorrow?, if so could you let me know.

Thanks

It won't be allocated until early hours man!
(28 Mar 2016, 8:19 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]It won't be allocated until early hours man!

Ya never know, it could be allocated to the same board as last week thought i would ask just in case...
Dan when i seen 5155 today you could just tell it was on a 40 as it still hasnt been reupdated.
(28 Mar 2016, 8:47 pm)dannygee wrote [ -> ]Dan when i seen 5155 today you could just tell it was on a 40 as it still hasnt been reupdated.

Do you mean the blinds showing Wallsend regardless of what way they are going? The 40 and 41 always show Wallsend for some reason.
(28 Mar 2016, 8:19 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]It won't be allocated until early hours man!

Thursday it left deptford at 6:45.
(28 Mar 2016, 8:52 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Do you mean the blinds showing Wallsend regardless of what way they are going? The 40 and 41 always show Wallsend for some reason.

No but its been mentioned before that the top line is cut off a bit and the number is too. Dan says it just needs reupdated
(28 Mar 2016, 9:32 pm)dannygee wrote [ -> ]No but its been mentioned before that the top line is cut off a bit and the number is too. Dan says it just needs reupdated

Ah ok can't see it being around for much longer anyway Smile
(28 Mar 2016, 8:52 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Do you mean the blinds showing Wallsend regardless of what way they are going? The 40 and 41 always show Wallsend for some reason.

But the driver chooses the destination. I know during weekdays and saturdays the 40 is every 15 mins and 41 every 30 through howdon and 15 through battle hill. So every 2nd bus should display hadrian park. On a evening and sunday they just run every 30mins so it should be Wallsend - wallsend.

For example it is

For the 40

40-Wallsend - Wallsend
40- wallsend- hadrian pk
40-wallsend- wallsend
40- wallsend to hadrian

For the 41

41-wallsend- wallsend
41-hadrian pk -wallsend
41- wallsend - wallsend
41 hadrian pk to wallsend.

Sure dan or citaro can comfirm what driver should display etc
(28 Mar 2016, 9:34 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Ah ok can't see it being around for much longer anyway Smile

I'm sure when I first started this forum a year ago, There was posts about 5155 being withdrawn, Its been a year since then.