North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04 Mar 2016, 8:15 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]It has been said that people think the Nexus livery is just another GNE colour scheme.

I haven't heard that but wouldn't be surprised, if they did.
(04 Mar 2016, 8:17 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Using the same logic - could it be argued that Arriva's "Sapphire" and "MAX" liveries could be considered as 'another GNE colour scheme'?

Or TFL Red. The same Livery with just a Small Sticker showing the Operators name mostly above the door.
(04 Mar 2016, 8:17 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Using the same logic - could it be argued that Arriva's "Sapphire" and "MAX" liveries could be considered as 'another GNE colour scheme'?

I think it was Jimmi who commented on people regularly trying to board what was the X1/X2 with Buzzfares.
(04 Mar 2016, 11:19 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Some ticket information for the X21:

Castles Express Savers

From Saturday 5 March, the following tickets will be available.

Castles Express DaySaver - £6

Castles Express WeeklySaver - £20

The Castles Express Saver tickets are valid on the full Castles Express X21 route, as well as the full route of Angel 21.

Auckland Castle Saver

Auckland Castle WeeklySaver - £13.50

Unlimited travel on Castles Express X21 between Framwellgate Moor and Bishop Auckland, as well as the full route of The OK Way 18.

Not too bad price wise at all. Durham passengers are winners, buy an Angel saver and use the Castles

Do wish they'd do a day saver for the Angel. Would tempt me off the train
(04 Mar 2016, 6:57 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]Yes but go north east ran 635/6 on 37 before and if the passenger looked at the bus stop it states nexus so pretty heared id say for that lady to find who runs that run

Go North East's "Nexus" liveried vehicles have the Go North East logo towards the rear of the vehicle.

Most of GCT's "Nexus" liveried vehicles have massive stickers behind the cab with Gateshead Central Taxis information on.
(04 Mar 2016, 9:07 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Not too bad price wise at all. Durham passengers are winners, buy an Angel saver and use the Castles

Do wish they'd do a day saver for the Angel. Would tempt me off the train

There is a Weekly Saver on the Angel, It costs £17.30, and is valid on the 21/X21 between Newcastle and Durham.

http://www.simplygo.com/route-savers/
(04 Mar 2016, 6:54 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Of course, you could argue that the passenger should know which Company is running the service - is this a case of Nexus grey confusing someone?

This is the thing though, when Go North East originally had the contract to run the 37 before Gateshead Central Taxis they used Solo SR's in Nexus livery and the buses carried some Go North East logos on the side and I'm guessing it will have had some promotion mainly just timetables on Go North East's website but some people will have probably grown to identify it as a "Go North East brand" and now you have Gateshead Central Taxis running buses around in the same livery so I guess this is where some of the confusion lies, doesn't help that GCT have no company names on their buses, if it wasn't for the fact I wasn't an enthusiast and study timetables and such I couldn't tell you who operated the 37 and I imagine most of the passengers will be totally oblivious to who runs the service.

(04 Mar 2016, 8:43 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]I think it was Jimmi who commented on people regularly trying to board what was the X1/X2 with Buzzfares.

Yeah, it was when the Pulsars and Gemini's were first refurbished to MAX standard and were running around in a plain base livery with no vinyls to indicate which operator the bus was operating for, this was on the section between Newcastle and Durham and was also just before the number was changed from the X2 to the X12 on this section of the route.

Littl'un did go through a phase of insisting that the sapphires were purple Dodgy
(04 Mar 2016, 9:13 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Go North East's "Nexus" liveried vehicles have the Go North East logo towards the rear of the vehicle.

Most of GCT's "Nexus" liveried vehicles have massive stickers behind the cab with Gateshead Central Taxis information on.

I know that the Bluebird's have adverts behind the cabs advertising something like to ask the driver to arrange a taxi to pick you up from the bus stop to complete your journey. Can't remember if the Solo SR's have any like this or not, only been on one once a few months back.
(04 Mar 2016, 9:29 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]when Go North East originally had the contract to run the 37 before Gateshead Central Taxis they used Solo SR's in Nexus livery and the buses carried some Go North East logos on the side and . . . but some people will have probably grown to identify it as a "Go North East brand" and now you have Gateshead Central Taxis running buses around in the same livery so I guess this is where some of the confusion lies, doesn't help that GCT have no company names on their buses . . . and I imagine most of the passengers will be totally oblivious to who runs the service.

When you get significantly different liveries running the same route (Arriva, Stagecoach, GNE orange and GNE red and GNE Tynedale links yellow on the '85' route to Newcastle from Hexham) the average passenger doesn't consider that they represent different operators.
It's only when they try to board with a return ticket issued by a different operator (and get refused) that they get confused.

Oh! and the confusion was there when Arriva and Stagecoach were the sole operators of the 685 - back then the tickets weren't transferable (I believe that they are now).

Passengers stand at a stop and look at the destination blind - if it reads what they expect to see then it's 'their bus'.
(03 Mar 2016, 10:03 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Now a branded Streetdeck!

Excellent
(04 Mar 2016, 10:36 pm)pdiddy wrote [ -> ]Excellent

Somebody could get a good photo opportunity outside Chester depot or up the A167 around 8:15am this Sunday when I pick the 6 streetdeckers up and drop the Prontos off    Big Grin
(04 Mar 2016, 10:43 pm)pdiddy wrote [ -> ]Somebody could get a good photo opportunity outside Chester depot or up the A167 around 8:15am this Sunday when I pick the 6 streetdeckers up and drop the Prontos off    Big Grin

I wish you would call them their proper name.....Streetdeck  Tongue
(04 Mar 2016, 10:16 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]When you get significantly different liveries running the same route (Arriva, Stagecoach, GNE orange and GNE red and GNE Tynedale links yellow on the '85' route to Newcastle from Hexham) the average passenger doesn't consider that they represent different operators.
It's only when they try to board with a return ticket issued by a different operator (and get refused) that they get confused.

Oh! and the confusion was there when Arriva and Stagecoach were the sole operators of the 685 - back then the tickets weren't transferable (I believe that they are now).

Passengers stand at a stop and look at the destination blind - if it reads what they expect to see then it's 'their bus'.

We had that problem in Low fell, back in the late 90s/early noughties, between Arriva and Go ahead northern.
(04 Mar 2016, 9:16 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]There is a Weekly Saver on the Angel, It costs £17.30, and is valid on the 21/X21 between Newcastle and Durham.

http://www.simplygo.com/route-savers/

It was a day saver that would I'm after. My work expenses won't allow me to purchase a weekly ticket hence I take the train
(04 Mar 2016, 10:45 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]I wish you would call them their proper name.....Streetdeck  Tongue

Sorry S T R E E T D E C K

Wright Streetdeck

Tongue
(04 Mar 2016, 10:43 pm)pdiddy wrote [ -> ]Somebody could get a good photo opportunity outside Chester depot or up the A167 around 8:15am this Sunday when I pick the 6 streetdeckers up and drop the Prontos off    Big Grin

Made a rod for your own back there like pdiddy Wink

It will be like the paparazzi hanging around a Mayfair nightclub!
4896 seems to have expired in sunniside. Just went past on the X30 with passengers waiting for another bus. We stopped but everyone seemed to be going to Gateshead.
5337 NIS looking a bit forlorn at Durham bus station.
(05 Mar 2016, 9:08 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Made a rod for your own back there like pdiddy Wink

It will be like the paparazzi hanging around a Mayfair nightclub!

Shouldn't be too bad. Very few buses into Chester for that time.  Big Grin