North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(28 Mar 2016, 9:36 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]I'm sure when I first started this forum a year ago, There was posts about 5155 being withdrawn, Its been a year since then.

Might have been 5165 as that was withdrawn a year or so ago - Was it the one everybody hated?
(28 Mar 2016, 9:36 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]I'm sure when I first started this forum a year ago, There was posts about 5155 being withdrawn, Its been a year since then.

All of PM were supposed to be getting withdrawn but then got dda compliant and stayed. They should be going very soon?
(28 Mar 2016, 9:35 pm)dannygee wrote [ -> ]But the driver chooses the destination. I know during weekdays and saturdays the 40 is every 15 mins and 41 every 30 through howdon and 15 through battle hill. So every 2nd bus should display hadrian park. On a evening and sunday they just run every 30mins so it should be Wallsend - wallsend.

For example it is

For the 40

40-Wallsend - Wallsend
40- wallsend- hadrian pk
40-wallsend- wallsend
40- wallsend to hadrian

For the 41

41-wallsend- wallsend
41-hadrian pk -wallsend
41- wallsend - wallsend
41 hadrian pk to wallsend.

Sure dan or citaro can comfirm what driver should display etc

Ah right I guess Wallsend is ok as it is a circular to be fair but I think passengers can get confused with the destinations.
(28 Mar 2016, 9:38 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Might have been 5165 as that was withdrawn a year or so ago - Was it the one everybody hated?

Ah yes it was haha, Yeah it was 5165 I remember now, I didn't have a problem with it but everyone else seemed to hate it for some reason.
(28 Mar 2016, 9:38 pm)dannygee wrote [ -> ]All of PM were supposed to be getting withdrawn but then got dda compliant and stayed. They should be going very soon?

Probably when cascades become available from other depots.
(28 Mar 2016, 9:38 pm)dannygee wrote [ -> ]All of PM were supposed to be getting withdrawn but then got dda compliant and stayed. They should be going very soon?

Yes, when the Scania's from the Prince Bishops come free, they should be replace the duel door B10's and the Cadets.
(28 Mar 2016, 9:41 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]Ah yes it was haha, Yeah it was 5165 I remember now, I didn't have a problem with it but everyone else seemed to hate it for some reason.

It was horrible haha! Made dodgy noises all the time and those red seats were rock hard. More or less every time I got the 17 I had that.
(28 Mar 2016, 9:38 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Might have been 5165 as that was withdrawn a year or so ago - Was it the one everybody hated?

Yeah 5165 was the bus everyone disliked.
(28 Mar 2016, 9:42 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Yes, when the Scania's from the Prince Bishops come free, they should be replace the duel door B10's and the Cadets.

Would quite like Omnis on the 17 but not sure where they'll come from so it'll probs be Solars. Not too bad I guess
(28 Mar 2016, 9:46 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Would quite like Omnis on the 17 but not sure where they'll come from so it'll probs be Solars. Not too bad I guess

As long as 4968 doesn't end up at Percy Main then you'll enjoy the Solars.
(28 Mar 2016, 9:48 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]As long as 4968 doesn't end up at Percy Main then you'll enjoy the Solars.

I reckon some will stay at Deptford to replace 8258/67/68/69 and two to Washington to replace 8270 & 8271.
(28 Mar 2016, 9:46 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Would quite like Omnis on the 17 but not sure where they'll come from so it'll probs be Solars. Not too bad I guess

Rather have a Scania than a duel door B10!

We still don't know where the Scania's will go, really the Scania's should go for a straight swap at the depots which have Cadets and the Duel door B10's.
(28 Mar 2016, 9:51 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Rather have a Scania than a duel door B10!

We still don't know where the Scania's will go, really the Scania's should go for a straight swap at the depots which have Cadets and the Duel door B10's.

Or an audenary b10
(28 Mar 2016, 9:50 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]I reckon some will stay at Deptford to replace 8258/67/68/69 and two to Washington to replace 8270 & 8271.

I was hoping the Scania's would replace all the Cadets and B10's at Deptford but they'll only replace the Cadets...
(28 Mar 2016, 9:55 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I was hoping the Scania's would replace all the Cadets and B10's at Deptford but they'll only replace the Cadets...

Whatll happen to 8272/73
(28 Mar 2016, 9:48 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]As long as 4968 doesn't end up at Percy Main then you'll enjoy the Solars.
Aye some of the PB ones are a bit crap though - hopefully we get the 54 plate ones if we get any
(28 Mar 2016, 9:51 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Rather have a Scania than a duel door B10!

Most of the 17s are the X reg ones now - but they're better than the crap B7s some of them you can here before you see them especially 6008.
(28 Mar 2016, 9:55 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I was hoping the Scania's would replace all the Cadets and B10's at Deptford but they'll only replace the Cadets...

The B10s still have a few years left in them, The B10Ms could've lasted another 20 Years but DDA got in the way, They were built to last.
The Cadets and the Merits are starting to age a bit too fast now.
(28 Mar 2016, 9:57 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]Whatll happen to 8272/73

Hopefully never ever be reinstated as a service bus after the Streetlites enter service...
(28 Mar 2016, 10:00 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]The B10s still have a few years left in them, The B10Ms could've lasted another 20 Years but DDA got in the way, They were built to last.
The Cadets and the Merits are starting to age a bit too fast now.

They do, i didn't mean withdraw the ones from Deptford, i meant just replace them with the Scania's and then move the B10's else where.
(28 Mar 2016, 10:00 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Aye some of the PB ones are a bit crap though - hopefully we get the 54 plate ones if we get any

Most of the 17s are the X reg ones now - but they're better than the crap B7s some of them you can here before you see them especially 6008.

4968 is the only crap one in my opinion, Though your right about the 54 reg ones, There still in good condition.

4913 and 4914 are lovely ( even though there W reg ) and I have a softspot for B7s, I find them nippy. ( though sluggish at the same time )

(28 Mar 2016, 10:02 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]They do, i didn't mean withdraw the ones from Deptford, i meant just replace them with the Scania's and then move the B10's else where.

Ah right, My apologies