North East Buses

Full Version: Transport Photography
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(30 Jun 2015, 9:46 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]When approached, knock your camera quickly into video recording mode and record it. That way as long as you remain polite (which I've no doubt you do!), you can send the footage in for complaint. Wink

What an idea! Thanks Adrian.
(30 Jun 2015, 9:16 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]Well me and Gary Devlin got told to stop taking photos near (Not on NEXUS property) Haymarket because of the terrorism threat.

Was this last Friday where that arsehole of American bloke shouted at you myself Gary and steven if that guy told me that I would shout at him and tell him to go back to where he came from
(30 Jun 2015, 10:01 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]Was this last Friday where that arsehole of American bloke shouted at you myself Gary and steven if that guy told me that I would shout at him and tell him to go back to where he came from

No Bazza.

And that is racist.
(30 Jun 2015, 10:01 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]Was this last Friday where that arsehole of American bloke shouted at you myself Gary and steven if that guy told me that I would shout at him and tell him to go back to where he came from

Would you do the same if the Bloke was Black?
(30 Jun 2015, 10:03 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]No Bazza.

And that is racist.
Would saying 'go back to where you came from' to a Yank not be Xenophobic rather than racist
(30 Jun 2015, 10:07 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Would saying 'go back to where you came from' to a Yank not be Xenophobic rather than racist

Yes, but the man was also black in which case it could come across racist

(30 Jun 2015, 10:07 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Would you do the same if the Bloke was Black?

He was.

He had not finished his shift at work so couldnt go home.
(30 Jun 2015, 10:12 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]Yes, but the man was also black in which case it could come across racist

He was.
Comes across as very racist, but I doubt Bazza said with racism in mind...

Though to most it would certainly look that way
(30 Jun 2015, 10:15 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Comes across as very racist, but I doubt Bazza said with racism in mind...

Though to most it would certainly look that way

No racism in mind what I meant to say was if he started on me I would have said go back to where you came from referring to company not country
(30 Jun 2015, 10:22 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]No racism in mind what I meant to say was if he started on me I would have said go back to where you came from referring to company not country
To be fair Bazza...You do have a knack for putting your foot in it at times Wink
(30 Jun 2015, 10:23 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]To be fair Bazza...You do have a knack for putting your foot in it at times Wink

Yeah I often bite my tounge when am at bus stations now if nexus staff are there I try and avoid them the best I can before I start I often inspect the bus station before I do photography depends who's on I avoid and let others know who's on
(30 Jun 2015, 10:22 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]No racism in mind what I meant to say was if he started on me I would have said go back to where you came from referring to company not country

You just have too be careful what your saying. I know things just slip out at times but those little things can sometimes land you in big big trouble.
(30 Jun 2015, 10:27 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]You just have too be careful what your saying. I know things just slip out at times but those little things can sometimes land you in big big trouble.

That's true any how moving on from the topic
(30 Jun 2015, 10:28 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]That's true any how moving on from the topic

Hoping for a swift change of conversation there? Wink
(30 Jun 2015, 10:33 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]Hoping for a swift change of conversation there?  Wink

Yeah back to basics it's like when am at Newcastle I seem to have no problem with taking photos the intu staff let me take photos hands down even nexus don't mind but it's when you go to Park Lane or Gateshead them advisors are on to you like a hawk
(30 Jun 2015, 10:35 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]Yeah back to basics it's like when am at Newcastle I seem to have no problem with taking photos the intu staff let me take photos hands down even nexus don't mind but it's when you go to Park Lane or Gateshead them advisors are on to you like a hawk

But, like I have said before to a few people if someone walked onto your premises and started taking photos, you probably wouldn't let them. So why should Nexus?
(30 Jun 2015, 10:49 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]But, like I have said before to a few people if someone walked onto your premises and started taking photos, you probably wouldn't let them. So why should Nexus?

Point taken
(30 Jun 2015, 5:11 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Aye, they're not interested. I've been told at Gateshead for having my camera out (but not using it), and when I've asked what they're doing about the smokers, apparently that's none of my business... Smile

It may be worth someone making an appointment with Galleries management to see if they'll come to some level of common sense. Perhaps it's just a misunderstanding on their part? Having said that like, we tried similar with Nexus, and they had said they were going to review the policy in the near future - something we probably need to follow up on actually.

Just been into the Management Suite at The Galleries and queried why we are not allowed to take photos on Private Property, In which the woman on Reception went and got the Manager of the Shopping Centre, who in a polite, professional and accommodating manner explained to why, Basically it is for "Commercial Reasons", such as taking Photos of the Exterior of Buildings located within The Galleries, or in our case of Buses for Personal Usage and Uploading them to Social Media Sites such as Facebook and Photo Sharing Sites like Flickr.

Basically all we have to do in this case is write to The Galleries Management, stating our Personal Details and Reason for wanting to take Photos, then they will decide whether to allow you to take Photos based on the above, if they give you permission you must arrange a Date with them in Advance and they will supply you with a High Vis Jacket and a Vistors Badge, if you opt to ignore that and just simply turn up and start taking Photos anywhere in The Galleries property, whether that be the Bus Station, Sainsburys Car Park or on any of the access roads/grass verges leading into and around The Galleries then you will be approached by Security and asked why you are taking Photos and what of.

As I said Yesterday I wouldnt even bother going to The Galleries or any other Transport Interchange and doing as you Please regardless of the Rules in place by the owners of the Property, there are plenty of nice spots in the Washington Area in which you can go to at free will and take photos, such as Fatfield Bridge/Riverside, Washington Village and Donwell to name a few, as is the case with other Areas across the Region and further afield if you like going to places elsewhere in the UK on Day Trips etc.

I certainly hope you all take note of this post, as in the long run if we play by the rules and respect them rather than ignoring them, then we will build a greater understanding and relationship with the respective owners of the Properties in which we often taken photos on without their Permission, which in the future may lead to less chance of confrontation, particularly with Nexus, perhaps then they will be more accommodating and welcoming towards us.
(01 Jul 2015, 1:58 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Just been into the Management Suite at The Galleries and queried why we are not allowed to take photos on Private Property, In which the woman on Reception went and got the Manager of the Shopping Centre, who in a polite, professional and accommodating manner explained to why, Basically it is for "Commercial Reasons", such as taking Photos of the Exterior of Buildings located within The Galleries, or in our case of Buses for Personal Usage and Uploading them to Social Media Sites such as Facebook and Photo Sharing Sites like Flickr.

Basically all we have to do in this case is write to The Galleries Management, stating our Personal Details and Reason for wanting to take Photos, then they will decide whether to allow you to take Photos based on the above, if they give you permission you must arrange a Date with them in Advance and they will supply you with a High Vis Jacket and a Vistors Badge, if you opt to ignore that and just simply turn up and start taking Photos anywhere in The Galleries property, whether that be the Bus Station, Sainsburys Car Park or on any of the access roads/grass verges leading into and around The Galleries then you will be approached by Security and asked why you are taking Photos and what of.

As I said Yesterday I wouldnt even bother going to The Galleries or any other Transport Interchange and doing as you Please regardless of the Rules in place by the owners of the Property, there are plenty of nice spots in the Washington Area in which you can go to at free will and take photos, such as Fatfield Bridge/Riverside, Washington Village and Donwell to name a few, as is the case with other Areas across the Region and further afield if you like going to places elsewhere in the UK on Day Trips etc.

I certainly hope you all take note of this post, as in the long run if we play by the rules and respect them rather than ignoring them, then we will build a greater understanding and relationship with the respective owners of the Properties in which we often taken photos on without their Permission, which in the future may lead to less chance of confrontation, particularly with Nexus, perhaps then they will be more accommodating and welcoming towards us.

Quite a pleasant and polite answer, 1 thing I am not sure of is, what does commercial reasons mean?

At least some can be civilised with us and this is very much the case on this occasion, now it has been cleared up and we know there procedure now I would certainly comply with that, they were good enough to be a civil to you about it...

I completely agree that we should take note of there policies, sometimes it seems we are all being tarred with the same brush by Nexus quite a bit...

We should be actively looking to have a good relationship with Nexus', Bus Station Owners and the Bus Companies and being antagonistic towards them serves no purpose at all...

And comments like what Bazza made yesterday when he said something like 'They would not dare take my camera without a fight' doesn't help either, while I don't think a camera would be confiscated, it is still a very antagonistic thing to say...

I am wondering if that same rule applies for other shopping centre bus stations i.e. Metrocentre and Eldon Square, are there Bus Stations...

Well done Adam for taking the time to ask them [THUMBS UP SIGN]
(01 Jul 2015, 3:59 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Quite a pleasant and polite answer, 1 thing I am not sure of is, what does commercial reasons mean?

Using someone elses likeness for your own financial gain, not sure how Photography come into this other than selling Photos online etc.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21