North East Buses

Full Version: Transport Photography
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(07 Mar 2015, 11:54 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]I have discovered that I am incredibly scared of the trains passing Chester-le-Street station.

I got used to it, especially when I nearly fell over from the turbulence. Try Cramlington station Wink .
(07 Mar 2015, 11:55 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Daft question, but could the Prevention of Terrorism Act be used against an enthusiast to stop them taking photos where there are 'Government Buildings'

Can just imagine it

'Mr Forster, you are being detained under the prevention of terrorism act 2005...For taking a photo of the JobCentre'

I can imagine them freaking out when the find loads of accident cameras in my backpack! 

Who would want to blow up the JobCentre? I find them rather useful for wasting my time...
(07 Mar 2015, 11:54 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]I have discovered that I am incredibly scared of the trains passing Chester-le-Street station.

Now you've stated your whereabouts Marcus is now probably going to try find you.

I'm aware this joke is maybe becoming boring to some now.
Keep back from the platform edge...or you might get sucked off

[Image: SuckedOff.jpg]
(07 Mar 2015, 12:03 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Keep back from the platform edge...or you might get sucked off

[Image: SuckedOff.jpg]

Dan hasn't replied, so...  Big Grin  :s
(07 Mar 2015, 11:10 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]I guess The Galleries security are getting a bit peeved with enthusiasts taking photos of the "SimpliCity" branded Versas... I've just been asked by one of the Go North East employees to stop taking photographs (very nicely I must add) on the basis that security have just been on the phone to tell him no photography is permitted as "government owned buildings are in the area".

I'd pop in to the centre management offices at the Galleries to discuss. Security shouldn't be giving the bus station management that sort of instruction.

(07 Mar 2015, 11:38 am)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]...And?  Huh

There are government owned buildings everywhere. Hell, you could go down to London and take photographs of The Houses of Parliament like any other tourist. 

Durham House is a skyscraper. You can see it for miles away. Best not take any photos in the area....  Rolleyes

Join the queue!  Big Grin
Uploading my Manchester photos to Flickr, but I am confused between First Manchester and First Greater Manchester.

Help Huh
(10 Mar 2015, 9:04 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Uploading my Manchester photos to Flickr, but I am confused between First Manchester and First Greater Manchester.

Help Huh

Just use 'First Manchester' that is the legal name of the company.
(10 Mar 2015, 9:07 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Just use 'First Manchester' that is the legal name of the company.

Okay thanks.
[attachment=6415]

I'm quite proud of this one. After a previous attempt which didn't go to plan after there were shadows on the front.

The grey skies bring out the colours from this dull Diesel Multiple Unit.
What are the staff (if there is any) like at Newcastle coach station?

Do they tell you to do one?
That's a great photo of the Pacer Tommy
(15 Mar 2015, 3:49 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]What are the staff (if there is any) like at Newcastle coach station?

Do they tell you to do one?

I've never had a problem photographing there. As long as you don't hang around for hours and get in the way I don't think you'll have a problem. It's fairly quiet anyway so pick your time to go
I have a spot on the corner of Eldon by the traffic lights (opposite where the Bazza and Davie crew stand) Good spot as you can get everything
Hi all!

As we are edging towards the summer now with the weather getting nicer and there is more hours of daylight, I am looking at ideas for shots in new, different and scenic places across the North East (and possibly a few other places too).

I have a fair few ideas of possible places for snaps, one idea I am looking at right now is the X93 route which of course starts it's summer timetable next Sunday so I am thinking of ideas for places along the route, some ideas I'd like to try out but not sure how possible it would be for light and traffic in places - I'd like to maybe try: Scaling Dam, Robin Hoods Bay and Cloughton then maybe a few shots around Scarborough before jumping back on a X93.

We have a few services due new buses soon so I will be looking at shots along these routes, obviously I know the Sapphire 7 route very well and I have ideas for this route, I also have some ideas for when the 22/24 become Sapphire too. Unfortunately I don't know many of Go North East routes especially the routes due to receive investment soon (8/78 and 45/46) so I will have to try and learn these routes and does anyone have any ideas for these or other routes.

I know that I would like to achieve originality and come up with unique ideas of my own but I am open to any ideas you may have for places to get shots or any other ideas you may have.

To view my photos go to my Flickr Photostream (link can be found in my signature).
(20 Mar 2015, 9:43 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Hi all!

As we are edging towards the summer now with the weather getting nicer and there is more hours of daylight, I am looking at ideas for shots in new, different and scenic places across the North East (and possibly a few other places too).

I have a fair few ideas of possible places for snaps, one idea I am looking at right now is the X93 route which of course starts it's summer timetable next Sunday so I am thinking of ideas for places along the route, some ideas I'd like to try out but not sure how possible it would be for light and traffic in places - I'd like to maybe try: Scaling Dam, Robin Hoods Bay and Cloughton then maybe a few shots around Scarborough before jumping back on a X93.

We have a few services due new buses soon so I will be looking at shots along these routes, obviously I know the Sapphire 7 route very well and I have ideas for this route, I also have some ideas for when the 22/24 become Sapphire too. Unfortunately I don't know many of Go North East routes especially the routes due to receive investment soon (8/78 and 45/46) so I will have to try and learn these routes and does anyone have any ideas for these or other routes.

I know that I would like to achieve originality and come up with unique ideas of my own but I am open to any ideas you may have for places to get shots or any other ideas you may have.

To view my photos go to my Flickr Photostream (link can be found in my signature).

I wonder who here knows these routes like the back of his hand...Angel...

There's some beautiful locations along both routes, Jimmi. The areas surrounding Pelton (served by both the 8 and 78 [as well as 8A and 78A]) are very scenic, with some nice spots you wouldn't really think of to be honest.

Stand on top of Pelton Bridge, and you may get photos of them heading to Sunderland, and Stanley/Consett respectively. Or, get either a Lime or 34/34A to Pelton Lane (that long stretch of countryside between South Pelaw and Pelton) and take photos there, with plenty of countryside? Smile
(20 Mar 2015, 9:43 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Hi all!

The 35/35a/X18 route between Pegswood and the Whorral Bank seems like a good place to take photos. Mainly StreetLites, E400s and DAF DB250s.
Just thinking ahead to the Kirkby Stephen rally and thinking about the 50 odd minutes I have to wait in Darlington Railway Station.

To kill time I am thinking of taking photos of trains which is something I have not done before so I wonder if anyone has any advice. If things go well and I enjoy it I may consider taking more.

Do we think I will be okay to take photos on the platforms?
(22 Mar 2015, 2:07 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Just thinking ahead to the Kirkby Stephen rally and thinking about the 50 odd minutes I have to wait in Darlington Railway Station.

To kill time I am thinking of taking photos of trains which is something I have not done before so I wonder if anyone has any advice. If things go well and I enjoy it I may consider taking more.

Do we think I will be okay to take photos on the platforms?

Absolutely. It's not like Gateshead Interchange. Wink I've never had any bother at train stations (although I rarely take photos at all haha) - but you may want to maybe stand near other people with cameras. Will make you less easy to pick-off, if you know what I mean. Platform edges are good at Newcastle Central, so you may want to do that at Darlington. Smile

Also, if any security ask you questions, etc., they may ask to sign in to take photos (or something along those lines!). You should be fine, Jimmi.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21