North East Buses

Full Version: Transport Photography
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(21 Feb 2015, 12:07 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]By law, public authorities must respond promptly to requests.

Even if they are not prompt, in nearly all cases they must respond within 20 working days. If you had to clarify your request, or they are a school, or one or two other cases, then they may have more time (full details).
WhatDoTheyKnow will email you if you don’t get a timely response. You can then send the public authority a message to remind them, and tell them if they are breaking the law.
looking the request I made, I got a reply within 10 days, just it ended up getting lost in my inbox
(20 Feb 2015, 7:59 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]I will tell you exactly what you will get back Tommy...I asked ages ago about it, and the reply got lost in my inbox, I only found it when I started to clear up 17,000 messages

If you've received that response from Nexus, I'm sure that you would want to read this page

They're getting good at their copy and paste skills!  Wink
(21 Feb 2015, 12:11 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]If you've received that response from Nexus, I'm sure that you would want to read this page

They're getting good at their copy and paste skills!  Wink
That link doesn't apply to bus stations, despite Nexus passing it out to people. DB are a private contractor, and bus stations are not within their remit. Hence why you have both Nexus and DB customer services staff at interchanges.
Anyone know where is a good spot to stand around Washington Galleries Bus Station or nearby to get photos?
(23 Feb 2015, 9:38 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Anyone know where is a good spot to stand around Washington Galleries Bus Station or nearby to get photos?

The spot I saw Dan at the other day looked quite good. You'd be able to take photos of the buses while they are stationary for a moment or two before departing. Smile

Edit: This is where I'm on about - https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/danielgrah...39730@N02/
(23 Feb 2015, 9:39 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]The spot I saw Dan at the other day looked quite good. You'd be able to take photos of the buses while they are stationary for a moment or two before departing. Smile

Edit: This is where I'm on about - https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/danielgrah...39730@N02/

Aye, nee point Marcus going to that spot......he did not take his camera  Big Grin
(23 Feb 2015, 9:38 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Anyone know where is a good spot to stand around Washington Galleries Bus Station or nearby to get photos?

There's the big island at the other side of the bus station, where you can get shots of buses coming in from both directions. You can also walk down towards the job centre (Weardale House), and out on the footpath around the back. That runs adjacent with the road from the Galleries bus station, towards Oxclose and the Washington Highway. Other than that, there's the police bus link near the leisure centre, and also the stops near the retail park.

There's the big island at the other side of the bus station, where you can get shots of buses coming in from both directions. You can also walk down towards the job centre (Weardale House), and out on the footpath around the back. That runs adjacent with the road from the Galleries bus station, towards Oxclose and the Washington Highway. Other than that, there's the police bus link near the leisure centre, and also the stops near the retail park.
The Galleries is an odd one. I once had bother for standing on the big pavement sorta thing next to the Newcastle-bound X1 stand taking photos, but that was just the once, and security have seen me taking photos where I took the photo Marcus linked to and didn't say a word.
(23 Feb 2015, 9:42 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Aye, nee point Marcus going to that spot......he did not take his camera  Big Grin

I can imagine the sMERC on your face at the moment, Mr. 5284. Do we need to wash your mouth out with soap and boiling water? Tongue
Thanks all!

Hopefully I should be fine in regards to security and everything else, I've been to the Galleries before but this is the first time I've been with my camera.
(23 Feb 2015, 9:50 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Thanks all!

Hopefully I should be fine in regards to security and everything else, I've been to the Galleries before but this is the first time I've been with my camera.
As well as the ones already suggested, you could try the other bus station around near Frankie and Bennies and the Retail Park stops.
(23 Feb 2015, 10:45 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]As well as the ones already suggested, you could try the other bus station around near Frankie and Bennies and the Retail Park stops.

Okay thanks!

I'm only planning on spending 30 minutes in Washington, jumping off the 50 then jumping on the next one to South Shields.

I don't have much time as I've got a fair few things planned for that day, but I will probably return to Washington again soon.
(23 Feb 2015, 11:03 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Okay thanks!

I'm only planning on spending 30 minutes in Washington, jumping off the 50 then jumping on the next one to South Shields.

I don't have much time as I've got a fair few things planned for that day, but I will probably return to Washington again soon.
Hope you're not planning on doing this tomorrow - I don't think I could face being blanked at The Galleries twice in a row if we bumped into each other...

Cough cough Marcus...
(23 Feb 2015, 11:15 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Hope you're not planning on doing this tomorrow - I don't think I could face being blanked at The Galleries twice in a row if we bumped into each other...

Cough cough Marcus...

No, I will be doing this trip on Wednesday.
(23 Feb 2015, 11:15 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Hope you're not planning on doing this tomorrow - I don't think I could face being blanked at The Galleries twice in a row if we bumped into each other...

Cough cough Marcus...
We don't 'Marcusgate v2' do we Big Grin
(23 Feb 2015, 11:16 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Corr...ya ganna milk this for a'll it's wurth isn't ya!

(Runs away but is caught by Dan and citaro5284)
And so he should, you little scamp...

#showlovefordan
#NEBhashtags
(17 Feb 2015, 7:09 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Had no bother off Nexus in Gateshead today - it's one who's usually arsey with me when I haven't even got my camera with me...
i know who your on about is it David Archbold by any chance? he does the same to most bus spotters including me 

the top end where the vans park thats where i go a lot or my pal Anth may know he lives around there or even our very own NEB Member Mr Malarkey (1st name Adam)
(23 Feb 2015, 11:54 pm)Racer_Experience wrote [ -> ]i know who your on about is it David Archbold by any chance? he does the same to most bus spotters including me 

the top end where the vans park thats where i go a lot or my pal Anth may know he lives around there or even our very own NEB Member Mr Malarkey (1st name Adam)

Stood up there myself with Anth on more than 1 occasion, nice little spot on a nice...

I also sometimes like to stand on the walkways over the bus station at either end of the Bus Station
(23 Feb 2015, 11:54 pm)Racer_Experience wrote [ -> ]i know who your on about is it David Archbold by any chance? he does the same to most bus spotters including me 

No - Nexus don't patrol The Galleries, but The Galleries' own security do.
(23 Feb 2015, 11:58 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Stood up there myself with Anth on more than 1 occasion, nice little spot on a nice...

I also sometimes like to stand on the walkways over the bus station at either end of the Bus Station

Canny spot for photos plus I've been there more than once for photos and nobody has stopped me the galleries team or Go North East team plus I was there a few weeks ago with both Anth and Michael.K
[attachment=6358]

It's rare that I get a good shot like this. Shame about how the number displays.

Go North East, 5245 NK56 KHP

(October 11, 2014)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21