North East Buses

Full Version: Transport Photography
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(11 Aug 2015, 10:07 am)Davie wrote [ -> ]I was told even if I was on Fawcett street I needed permission.

No, that's like the police saying I need permission to take photos of buses.... Hang on!  Rolleyes
(11 Aug 2015, 2:20 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]No, that's like the police saying I need permission to take photos of buses.... Hang on!  Rolleyes

I don't think the woman who told me had a clue what she was saying!
Does this mean Nexus can close Sunderland in Pyjamas down? Sad
(11 Aug 2015, 5:52 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Does this mean Nexus can close Sunderland in Pyjamas down? Sad

What about the Angel.... or, or the marvellous coastline  Big Grin
http://www.simplygo.com/news/northbound-...-24-august
Diversion of X1, should lead to some interesting (and rare) photos at Fatfield!
Guardian eyewitness have put out a call for bus photos. I'll try to add a link when I'm back on my laptop later.
Opinions/suggestions on my flickr albums.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@N02/albums

I've been looking at the albums on my Flickr account and I have noticed that I have now gone onto a second page due to the number of albums I have created. I am a little annoyed with this as I can't see where many people will bother viewing another page of albums. With my albums I have a individual album for every operator which proves popular for ANE, GNE, SNE and some of the larger independents like Scarlet Band and Weardale but I also have many albums (mostly independents) where I will have little or no views on the albums. I also like to create an album for when I have trips further afield to places such as Blackpool, Carlisle and Scarborough, also I create albums for each bus rally I've been to and one reason I like to do this is so when I do these trips I can copy and paste the link to the album and post it in the Flickr accounts thread so NEB members can see the photos and people looking at my albums can view the photos from that trip out from looking at my albums.

A problem I'm having is it's starting to look a bit messy now especially since I have started to upload train photos as well, so I would like some feedback as to what you think I should do with the albums?

Also I am interested to know if there is anything you'd like to see me upload that I don't do or do very little of now, example different locations, operators or if I should do more train photos etc. stuff like that.
(08 Sep 2015, 5:03 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Opinions/suggestions on my flickr albums.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@N02/albums

I've been looking at the albums on my Flickr account and I have noticed that I have now gone onto a second page due to the number of albums I have created. I am a little annoyed with this as I can't see where many people will bother viewing another page of albums. With my albums I have a individual album for every operator which proves popular for ANE, GNE, SNE and some of the larger independents like Scarlet Band and Weardale but I also have many albums (mostly independents) where I will have little or no views on the albums. I also like to create an album for when I have trips further afield to places such as Blackpool, Carlisle and Scarborough, also I create albums for each bus rally I've been to and one reason I like to do this is so when I do these trips I can copy and paste the link to the album and post it in the Flickr accounts thread so NEB members can see the photos and people looking at my albums can view the photos from that trip out from looking at my albums.

A problem I'm having is it's starting to look a bit messy now especially since I have started to upload train photos as well, so I would like some feedback as to what you think I should do with the albums?

Also I am interested to know if there is anything you'd like to see me upload that I don't do or do very little of now, example different locations, operators or if I should do more train photos etc. stuff like that.

What I've always done is put all the bus companies first, beginning with 2014 Bus Photos, 2015 Bus Photos, ANE, GNE, SNE, the A-Z. Then the same for the trains.

I don't care if my albums continue onto another page, because a photo or the photostream is the first port of call for a viewer. I always look at a photo then see "Oooh, it's in an album, let's see what else he's took a photo of...", that's what I assume everyone else does...
(08 Sep 2015, 5:11 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]What I've always done is put all the bus companies first, beginning with 2014 Bus Photos, 2015 Bus Photos, ANE, GNE, SNE, the A-Z. Then the same for the trains.

I don't care if my albums continue onto another page, because a photo or the photostream is the first port of call for a viewer. I always look at a photo then see "Oooh, it's in an album, let's see what else he's took a photo of...", that's what I assume everyone else does...
On mine it's ANE, GNE SNE as these three are the most popular albums and photos on my Flickr then A-Z of all other operators then I think it's events (rallies and launch events) then trips out then random mix albums examples: All 2014 Bus Photos, single deckers etc. Then the train photos are burried at the bottom.

Although I have a pro account so I can see my stats so I know which albums get viewed each day, I don't exactly know where they are getting viewed from on my Flickr.

I may consider deleting some of the random mix albums to save a little bit space.
I never did post that link!

Anyhow, it's live. Some mundane, some quite extraordinary.
http://www.theguardian.com/community/ng-...tributions
Just been uploading a few photos. I've taken them from my website as I can't find the little thing that opens the iPad's SIM tray which will allow me to upload to Flickr directly from my laptop.

Anyway, these two are my favourites...
[Image: 21649456715_275f0b677c_o_d.jpg] link and [Image: 21297674876_37f2672ebe_o_d.jpg] link.

The link to my photostream (and my site which I throw all my photos in) is in my signature.

EDIT: The signature shows now, I had it ticked off by mistake.
GX03 SVC, I do like your most recent photo, it is where I live!
Sadly, I was abroad at the time the picture was taken
(23 Sep 2015, 6:12 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]GX03 SVC, I do like your most recent photo, it is where I live!
Sadly, I was abroad at the time the picture was taken

Cheers! I was on a free Blue and Purple BuzzFare that day. You would have been peeking out of the window if you weren't on holiday!  Tongue
(23 Sep 2015, 6:18 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Cheers! I was on a free Blue and Purple BuzzFare that day. You would have been peeking out of the window if you weren't on holiday!  Tongue

I would definitely of been  Tongue
Crete was nice though Wink
Took the photo below of a First bus in Edinburgh on Saturday, but I'm not sure as to what to name it as when I tried searching Flickr I got about four different things coming back for it, so what do we think I should name it as - First what?
[Image: 21729575486_2354fd5799.jpg]First: 37136 / SN57HCU by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr
(28 Sep 2015, 3:34 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Took the photo below of a First bus in Edinburgh on Saturday, but I'm not sure as to what to name it as when I tried searching Flickr I got about four different things coming back for it, so what do we think I should name it as - First what?
[Image: 21729575486_2354fd5799.jpg]First: 37136 / SN57HCU by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr

Personally, i'd say First Scotland East - its the proper name for that division

Edit: I see what you mean about the different names though. First borders, First Midlothian, Edinburgh etc.
(28 Sep 2015, 3:38 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Personally, i'd say First Scotland East - its the proper name for that division

Edit: I see what you mean about the different names though. First borders, First Midlothian, Edinburgh etc.

Thanks. Was really unsure what to put it as, my knowledge of stuff outside the north east is pretty poor and when a few different names came up when I searched the reg just confused me.
(28 Sep 2015, 3:38 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Personally, i'd say First Scotland East - its the proper name for that division

(28 Sep 2015, 3:48 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Thanks. Was really unsure what to put it as, my knowledge of stuff outside the north east is pretty poor and when a few different names came up when I searched the reg just confused me.

Yes, most of the First Group buses you see running in Edinburgh are from the First Scotland East division, so this is what I would have put in the caption of my photo too. The bus you saw is based at Livingston depot.
Recently I've been thinking about how and what I've been uploading to my Flickr recently especially since a few people have un followed me and others seem to have lost intrest in what I'm uploading. One thing that kind of made think more about this was Robert's post saying about only photographing odd workings which I admit has been a large amount of my recent uploads have been odd workings.

I think I may go back to the larger uploads (possibly around 10 photos per upload) and try and bring back some more variety as there has been an awful lot of Darlington and Durham recently, to be honest I was bored just uploading yesterday's photos.

If anyone has any constructive feedback, I will be interested in hearing it.
(18 Oct 2015, 4:30 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]If anyone has any constructive feedback, I will be interested in hearing it.

It's your Flickr, you can do whatever you want with it. It's up to you. I don't feel like that I should have a say on how you do things. Keep taking great photos and don't worry about views and 'faves' on your photos, life's too short for that.  Smile

EDIT: And for the 'unfollowers', stuff the lot of them. They don't care about what you upload, only their own photos and keeping their 'followers' level high.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21