North East Buses

Full Version: Transport Photography
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(24 Feb 2015, 6:33 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]It's rare that I get a good shot like this. Shame about how the number displays.

Go North East, 5245 NK56 KHP

(October 11, 2014)
Nice photo Tommy, what problem is there with the way the number's displayed
(24 Feb 2015, 7:06 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Nice photo Tommy, what problem is there with the way the number's displayed

The colours on the colour destinations never come out properly - it has lines through it on the photo.

You have to shoot using a low shutter speed for it to come out nicely, but you have to use a high shutter speed during the daytime otherwise you'd have photos which had lots of light in them and it'd make them look cloudy.
(24 Feb 2015, 7:17 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The colours on the colour destinations never come out properly - it has lines through it on the photo.

You have to shoot using a low shutter speed for it to come out nicely, but you have to use a high shutter speed during the daytime otherwise you'd have photos which had lots of light in them and it'd make them look cloudy.

I have zero clue about cameras, lol, I know how point at something and press the button.

You may as well be talking Pakistani when talking about cameras, terms like shutter speed mean diddly squat to me lol
(24 Feb 2015, 7:29 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]I have zero clue about cameras, lol, I know how point at something and press the button.

You may as well be talking Pakistani when talking about cameras, terms like shutter speed mean diddly squat to me lol

I don't have much idea, reading the manual for my new Nikon D5100 felt like an exam where you haven't got a clue what you're supposed to do.
(24 Feb 2015, 7:32 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I don't have much idea, reading the manual for my new Nikon D5100 felt like an exam where you haven't got a clue what you're supposed to do.
Have you looked into doing a part time course anywhere?
AdamY (can never remember his new name), was on about some local to him in Gateshead.
Dunno if there is owt down your way.
(24 Feb 2015, 7:55 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Have you looked into doing a part time course anywhere?
AdamY (can never remember his new name), was on about some local to him in Gateshead.

Think I saw one advertised the other day but it the way I read it sounded like it was mostly going to be heading into the woods and taking photos of trees and birds.

I am not too bad at bus photography, the only reason I seem to be having problems at the moment is because I have a new camera and is more advanced than my previous camera so it is a case of getting used to the camera and learning what the modes and settings are.

Probably won't bother doing a photography course then.
(24 Feb 2015, 7:55 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Have you looked into doing a part time course anywhere?

MurdnunoC Big Grin

Would not mind doing something like that myself, normally find courses in the community, things like local history, creative writing, photography, even seen knitting courses and shit like that Big Grin

Because of what I want to do and interested in, I found it impossible to find anything, I am interested in Media, Promoting, Photography and Local History...I haven't got the patience to do them in succession Big Grin
(24 Feb 2015, 8:02 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Think I saw one advertised the other day but it the way I read it sounded like it was mostly going to be heading into the woods and taking photos of trees and birds.

I am not too bad at bus photography, the only reason I seem to be having problems at the moment is because I have a new camera and is more advanced than my previous camera so it is a case of getting used to the camera and learning what the modes and settings are.

Probably won't bother doing a photography course then.
Even though its birds and trees, I imagine the tutor would go through different settings and give hints and tips about the camera.

If you can manage to get a perfect shot of a bird scooting off, with all of the settings, set correctly - imagine how good your bus photos would be?

I agree though, having seen some of your photos, they are canny.

(24 Feb 2015, 8:07 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]MurdnunoC Big Grin

Would not mind doing something like that myself, normally find courses in the community, things like local history, creative writing, photography, even seen knitting courses and shit like that Big Grin

Because of what I want to do and interested in, I found it impossible to find anything, I am interested in Media, Promoting, Photography and Local History...I haven't got the patience to do them in succession Big Grin

Whey aye man, get yourself on one. Might even meet a MrsFozz on a course!
(24 Feb 2015, 8:25 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Even though its birds and trees, I imagine the tutor would go through different settings and give hints and tips about the camera.

If you can manage to get a perfect shot of a bird scooting off, with all of the settings, set correctly - imagine how good your bus photos would be?

Cant be doing with a Mrs Fozz atm mate, more important things to deal with in the short term, like my mental and emotional well being lol, more trouble than it is worth right now
(24 Feb 2015, 8:25 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Even though its birds and trees, I imagine the tutor would go through different settings and give hints and tips about the camera.

Would a tutor also go through The birds and bees as well

That's true though.

Birds scooting off, is it THAT sort of photography.

If I had to take photos of trees I would just keep saying "I've got wood!"
(24 Feb 2015, 8:35 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]That's true though.

Birds scooting off, is it THAT sort of photography.

If I had to take photos of trees I would just keep saying "I've got wood!"

Goodness what else you would ejd up seeing too.
Reckon one or two people would be more than happy posing!
(24 Feb 2015, 8:36 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Goodness what else you would ejd up seeing too.
Reckon one or two people would be more than happy posing!

If people were willing to pay I'd lend my photo taking skills for anything, if I was paid enough I'd endure shooting some sexy times.

That posing app I downloaded as a joke the other day may actually come in handy.
(24 Feb 2015, 8:41 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]If people were willing to pay I'd lend my photo taking skills for anything, if I was paid enough I'd endure shooting some sexy times.

That posing app I downloaded as a joke the other day may actually come in handy.
Here is a couple of sites to look at, a few semi-pro photographers I know

http://www.anthshort.co.uk/
https://m.facebook.com/AnthShortPhotography
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=654305587973255
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/timhickman-photography/

That may give you an idea of what you can achieve when you put the lot into your photography Big Grin
I guess The Galleries security are getting a bit peeved with enthusiasts taking photos of the "SimpliCity" branded Versas... I've just been asked by one of the Go North East employees to stop taking photographs (very nicely I must add) on the basis that security have just been on the phone to tell him no photography is permitted as "government owned buildings are in the area".
(07 Mar 2015, 11:10 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]I guess The Galleries security are getting a bit peeved with enthusiasts taking photos of the "SimpliCity" branded Versas... I've just been asked by one of the Go North East employees to stop taking photographs (very nicely I must add) on the basis that security have just been on the phone to tell him no photography is permitted as "government owned buildings are in the area".
Are they worried the Islamic State Washington and Gateshead are lining a terrorist attack like???
(07 Mar 2015, 11:10 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]I guess The Galleries security are getting a bit peeved with enthusiasts taking photos of the "SimpliCity" branded Versas... I've just been asked by one of the Go North East employees to stop taking photographs (very nicely I must add) on the basis that security have just been on the phone to tell him no photography is permitted as "government owned buildings are in the area".

...And?  Huh

There are government owned buildings everywhere. Hell, you could go down to London and take photographs of The Houses of Parliament like any other tourist. 
(07 Mar 2015, 11:38 am)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]...And?  Huh

There are government owned buildings everywhere. Hell, you could go down to London and take photographs of The Houses of Parliament like any other tourist. 

Don't know what exactly they think we'd end up shooting in the background that could be really bad, it's not like most of our cameras will be able to zoom in far enough to see a power point presentation of serious secret stuff though a window miles away!

Also I'd like to see this applied to everyone with a camera of any sort, I want them to be telling people off for taking selfies as well.

Wouldn't surprise me if they just don't want people taking photos of buses in the bus station. Guess I'll have to start learning even more GNE routes then.
I have discovered that I am incredibly scared of the trains passing Chester-le-Street station.
Daft question, but could the Prevention of Terrorism Act be used against an enthusiast to stop them taking photos where there are 'Government Buildings'

Can just imagine it

'Mr Forster, you are being detained under the prevention of terrorism act 2005...For taking a photo of the JobCentre'
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21