North East Buses

Full Version: Transport Photography
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(29 Oct 2015, 8:03 am)durhambusman wrote [ -> ]Spot on Adrian. Everyone fofeits their right to privacy when they choose to enter a public place. ..............

Also the driver has indeed comitted a public order offence as well as in my opioion looking incredibly stupid. ...............

Off topic slightly but if any members are approached by the police my advice would be 'be nice' tell them what your doing and show them your photos. You dont necessarily have to do all of this but it gets you back to taking photos fastest as it easily demonstrates that you are doing nothing wrong. Ive had four or five of them too. One officer couldnt believe that anyone would take photos in washington, make of that what you will!!!

I Agree - Although no-one has the right to question you taking photographs in a Public Place,
However Bus Stations (if you mean by Washington - Washington Bus Station or Shopping Centre) are Private with granted public access, and photography can be prohibited by the land / property owner.
(28 Oct 2015, 10:09 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Sorry, but that's rubbish. I assume you're referring to article 8 though.

There is no law preventing photography in a public place. I'd imagine that nobody has successfully taken this matter to court, using article 8 of the ECHR or similar, as there'd be associated case-law. Which there isn't. 

If someone doesn't wish to have their photograph taken whilst undertaking their employment duties, then perhaps they're in the wrong job as a driver? Your employer does it for a start, via their CCTV system. It could also be said that operating in a public place, is a hazard of the job...

It is however an offence to make such hand gestures at a photographer, as covered by section 5 of the Public Order Act - Harassment, alarm or distress. Now that really would be a can of worms. Wink

Well said Adrian. NK55 doesn't know what he's talking about.
(29 Oct 2015, 11:20 am)Cock Robin wrote [ -> ]Well said Adrian. NK55 doesn't know what he's talking about.

Bulls**t pal, read the law, there are numerous reasons why photos cant be taken. If i dont want my photo taken, then as a human being that is my legal right and posting this on a public forum is breaching MY human rights wether your taking a photo on public land or not.
(29 Oct 2015, 11:40 am)nk55 wrote [ -> ]Bulls**t pal, read the law, there are numerous reasons why photos cant be taken. If i dont want my photo taken, then as a human being that is my legal right and posting this on a public forum is breaching MY human rights wether your taking a photo on public land or not.

Article 8 of HRA : https://www.liberty-human-rights.org.uk/...amily-life

I would say Article 8 does not apply, as photogaphs are not taken covertly, and the Act has not been breached under any other condition - Unless repeated photographs were being taken of an individual to the point of Harrassment, then this could be dealt with seperately as Harrassment.

It is interesting that even the Police have no power to stop themselves being filmed in a public place:

Following a prolonged campaign, including a series of demonstrations by photographers dealt with by Police Officers and PCSOs, the Metropolitan Police was forced to issue updated legal advice which now confirms that 'Members of the public and the media do not need a permit to film or photograph in public places and police have no power to stop them filming or photographing incidents or police personnel' and that 'The power to stop and search someone no longer exists
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photograph...hotography

So, If you've decided to work in the public arena, then you should accept the occasional inconvenience. Some may say a friendly approach to your public service career/job is an advantage!  (And taking a grumpy stand to enthusiasts, begs the question if you're in the right profession ...- or not)
Good post venture. It also states 'respect for privacy when one has a reasonable expectation of privacy' - we all have no right to privacy if we choose to be in a public place.
(29 Oct 2015, 11:40 am)nk55 wrote [ -> ]Bulls**t pal, read the law, there are numerous reasons why photos cant be taken. If i dont want my photo taken, then as a human being that is my legal right and posting this on a public forum is breaching MY human rights wether your taking a photo on public land or not.

I have read the law 'pal'. And while you're on, learn to spell.
(29 Oct 2015, 12:25 pm)Venturego wrote [ -> ]Article 8 of HRA : https://www.liberty-human-rights.org.uk/...amily-life

I would say Article 8 does not apply, as photogaphs are not taken covertly, and the Act has not been breached under any other condition - Unless repeated photographs were being taken of an individual to the point of Harrassment, then this could be dealt with seperately as Harrassment.

It is interesting that even the Police have no power to stop themselves being filmed in a public place:

So, If you've decided to work in the public arena, then you should accept the occasional inconvenience. Some may say a friendly approach to your public service career/job is an advantage!  (And taking a grumpy stand to enthusiasts, begs the question if you're in the right profession ...- or not)

Well said VentureEgo. He's in the wrong job. Maybe he could work at a concentration camp.
(29 Oct 2015, 2:22 pm)Cock Robin wrote [ -> ]I have read the law 'pal'. And while you're on, learn to spell.

Sorry to get involved, but after a couple of scans through it there appears there is no spelling errors; and that while you're trying to have a serious debate with someone you're picking up on something as childish as spelling. I think the name says it all ?
Couldn't seem to manage any evening shots, all seemed to come out blurry
(31 Oct 2015, 4:50 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Couldn't seem to manage any evening shots, all seemed to come out blurry

Does your camera have a 'specials' mode? I use that in 'Night' setting once it gets dark (and 'Sunset' as the light starts to fade).
(31 Oct 2015, 5:09 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Does your camera have a 'specials' mode? I use that in 'Night' setting once it gets dark (and 'Sunset' as the light starts to fade).
Think so, but didn't think that whilst I was in Stockton especially with it being the first time I've done evening shots. Managed to get the E200 and Volvo Olympian on the shuttle services by using "sport" mode. Probably could have figured it out if I had more time but I had to shoot off for the X66 seem as I couldn't really spend another 30 minutes in Stockton and I wasn't getting the X67 all the way into Darlington Town Centre again!

Was a bit annoyed the Stockton shuttles were buses I already have photos of, oh well!
You'll not be able to use sport mode for night shots. It doesn't allow enough light into the sensor. Use manual mode - 1/30 and iso 1600. Beef the apiture right up too. That'll work as long as the vehicle is static.
(02 Nov 2015, 9:09 am)Adrian wrote [ -> ]You'll not be able to use sport mode for night shots. It doesn't allow enough light into the sensor. Use manual mode - 1/30 and iso 1600. Beef the apiture right up too. That'll work as long as the vehicle is static.

Probably wasn't dark enough when I was taking shots in Stockton the other evening to have the camera in the settings you advised me to use, also couldn't find suitable settings for that time of day especially as I only had a few minutes because I had to catch the X66 back to Harrowgate Hill to head home.

These two shots were taken on "sport" mode on Saturday.
https://flic.kr/p/zxZGbb
https://flic.kr/p/Aw2oRi
Had another crack at night shots last night, here is the results (the last photo was taken on my old camera last year).
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@...0799848385
According to some blokes from Nexus, all train enthusiasts (Or spotters, what ever floats your boat) are sad.
(14 Nov 2015, 9:35 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]According to some blokes from Nexus, all train enthusiasts (Or spotters, what ever floats your boat) are sad.

imagine if he had of said that to Roy Keane he would murder the idiot p.s he was manager of Sunderland that took us to the premier league
if your in Sunderland i recommend the turning to Park Lane in Newcastle however where HMV is you can get everything only problem is the wifi i got this idea from Gary Devlin yonks back
Wanting to do some more train shots.

Is there any way of finding out where a specific train might be, as I wouldn't mind a shot of 91128 with it's Christmas livery.
(01 Dec 2015, 9:35 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Wanting to do some more train shots.

Is there any way of finding out where a specific train might be, as I wouldn't mind a shot of 91128 with it's Christmas livery.
Newcastle Central station may be your best bet.
(01 Dec 2015, 9:35 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Wanting to do some more train shots.

(01 Dec 2015, 9:39 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Newcastle Central station may be your best bet.

To be honest, if you (Jimmi) can get to Ferryhill station or Hett, you might be in more luck.
Not the nicest location at this time of year, but would save you a trip and ending up with shots similar to most others.

Anywhere south Donny would be the best bet, seeing as everything goes between those points.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21