North East Buses

Full Version: Transport Photography
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(17 Jul 2015, 5:31 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Just a heads up, This afternoon I took a quick photo of 8252 at Heworth after getting off the 93 from Gateshead where I was approached straight away by two security guards, would seem Nexus have taken on a lot of Security to man there property and to therefore prevent photography on there land, shame they likely wont do anything about smoking mind, was also informed by Security that this was being rolled out across "All" Bus & Metro Stations across the T&W Network, these guys are smartly dressed in White Shirts and Black Trousers and are far from intimidating, just fat and overweight in personal opinion, well at least the two which approached me were anyway.

Where were you standing? I was there last Saturday, and had no bother at all. Didn't have any bother at Eldon Square either, despite one of the Nexus blokes walking straight past me with the camera out.
(17 Jul 2015, 6:04 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Where were you standing? I was there last Saturday, and had no bother at all. Didn't have any bother at Eldon Square either, despite one of the Nexus blokes walking straight past me with the camera out.

At the 93 Stand as 8252 pulled up and dropped off where the M1 used to stop.
(17 Jul 2015, 5:31 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Just a heads up, This afternoon I took a quick photo of 8252 at Heworth after getting off the 93 from Gateshead where I was approached straight away by two security guards, would seem Nexus have taken on a lot of Security to man there property and to therefore prevent photography on there land, shame they likely wont do anything about smoking mind, was also informed by Security that this was being rolled out across "All" Bus & Metro Stations across the T&W Network, these guys are smartly dressed in White Shirts and Black Trousers and are far from intimidating, just fat and overweight in personal opinion, well at least the two which approached me were anyway.

I got told off earlier this year, I was told I was aloud to stand at the back (Where services 4, 82, 82A ect stop)
(13 Jul 2015, 10:37 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]- Near  Pelaw Grange Greyhound Stadium in Birtley

Is there a bridge there and on the other side of the bridge at small lay-by with a wooden fence and a metal gate which there is a direct view onto the ECML. The industrial estate is visible from the place too.  If so, I was there a while ago but only got a TPE 185.
(20 Jul 2015, 3:07 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Is there a bridge there and on the other side of the bridge at small lay-by with a wooden fence and a metal gate which there is a direct view onto the ECML. The industrial estate is visible from the place too.  If so, I was there a while ago but only got a TPE 185.

Yes that's correct. However, it can be quite hard to get photos of HST's, 91's etc with my camera due to the speed they're doing.
First of all, I have changed my Flickr username to 'Jimmi's Transport Photos'

Took some train photos at Thornaby Railway Station this afternoon. Not sure what to make of my results.
[Image: 20017412539_3390e0d30c.jpg]Northern Rail: 142065 by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr

[Image: 19581651714_c8b755688d.jpg]Northern Rail: 156438 by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr

[Image: 20016124908_796a04dfd6.jpg]First TransPennine Express: 185110 by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr

Think the first one looks alright.
The second one is okay but sadly didn't catch much of the colour of the sides.
Think the third one is okay.

Don't think I will use Thornaby Railway Station again as I am not totally happy with them so I am going to look into more options for photos. What does everyone else think?
(01 Aug 2015, 6:10 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Think the first one looks alright.
The second one is okay but sadly didn't catch much of the colour of the sides.
Think the third one is okay.

Don't think I will use Thornaby Railway Station again as I am not totally happy with them so I am going to look into more options for photos. What does everyone else think?

All of them photo's are exellent, Jimmi. And the second one is brilliant in my opinion.

There are a couple of options for expanding your horizons and Middlesbrough is one of them as you get TPE and freight as well as Northern Rail.

One place I wouldn't recommend though is Chester-le-Street and it is just dangerous with trains going through at almost 125mph.
(01 Aug 2015, 7:25 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]All of them photo's are exellent, Jimmi. And the second one is brilliant in my opinion.

There are a couple of options for expanding your horizons and Middlesbrough is one of them as you get TPE and freight as well as Northern Rail.

One place I wouldn't recommend though is Chester-le-Street and it is just dangerous with trains going through at almost 125mph.

Completely agree. They can be absolutely terrifying. Especially the Class 91 sets.
(01 Aug 2015, 7:26 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Completely agree. They can be absolutely terrifying. Especially the Class 91 sets.

hahaha!
(01 Aug 2015, 7:25 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]One place I wouldn't recommend though is Chester-le-Street and it is just dangerous with trains going through at almost 125mph.

I've still not quite gotten over my first (and only) experience at Chester-le-Street station...

[Image: 16125291343_8084dab4f1.jpg]Virgin Trains East Coast: 91114 by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

[Image: 16557847540_96821a2d90.jpg]CrossCountry: 43285 by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

[Image: 16125289823_d187eeb0b1.jpg]DB Schenker: 67012 by Daniel Graham, on Flickr
(01 Aug 2015, 7:25 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]All of them photo's are exellent, Jimmi. And the second one is brilliant in my opinion.

Thanks Lee.

I am looking into potential places for more train photos, it's just a matter of finding places that may be good.

May try the MetroCentre for a few photos next time I'm over that way and possibly the likes of Redcar.
(01 Aug 2015, 7:25 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]One place I wouldn't recommend though is Chester-le-Street and it is just dangerous with trains going through at almost 125mph.

Linespeed 115mph through Chester.

Not dangerous if you keep behind the yellow lines at all times (and a bit further after that is advisory).

I wouldn't let it put you off though. As Dan has said above, it can be a brilliant location for pictures.
I don't take many train photos though I have recently taken a few more, especially as my interest in Northern and TPE diagrams has grown considerably!

Metrocentre can be good as below...
[Image: 14149859283_578ac9b589.jpg]
Scotrail 156507
by Scott Cooper, on Flickr

I've always quite liked this one taken at Darlington too - very early morning taken at 0650
[Image: 14873896031_72fdc391fd.jpg]
Northern Rail 142071

Outside of our region but many of the Yorkshire stations can be great for photography, including the infamous Wakefield Kirkgate:
[Image: 20125082606_55aa53fc65.jpg]
Northern Rail 144018 & 158907
(01 Aug 2015, 7:36 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]the likes of Redcar.

Hope you bring along mace and a stab vest, you may well need it!! Smile
(01 Aug 2015, 8:00 pm)northern156 wrote [ -> ]Hope you bring along mace and a stab vest, you may well need it!! Smile
Yeah I tend to go to the er, 'wonderful' places around the North East.

Not had any problems when I have been in Redcar before.
(01 Aug 2015, 7:37 pm)northern156 wrote [ -> ]Linespeed 115mph through Chester.

Not dangerous if you keep behind the yellow lines at all times (and a bit further after that is advisory).

I wouldn't let it put you off though. As Dan has said above, it can be a brilliant location for pictures.

10mph difference, wow. That's just nitpicking.

I always keep behind the yellow line, as I'm not thick as pig shit, unlike some people that I've seen there.

It can be a brilliant locations for photos if you have a camera like Dan's. Unfortunately, some people (Like myself) don't.
(01 Aug 2015, 7:34 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I've still not quite gotten over my first (and only) experience at Chester-le-Street station...

[Image: 16125291343_8084dab4f1.jpg]Virgin Trains East Coast: 91114 by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

[Image: 16557847540_96821a2d90.jpg]CrossCountry: 43285 by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

[Image: 16125289823_d187eeb0b1.jpg]DB Schenker: 67012 by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

Like I said to northern156, it is good if you have a 'super' camera (As I like to call them) like yourself's. However, not everyone does.
(01 Aug 2015, 8:19 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]Like I said to northern156, it is good if you have a 'super' camera (As I like to call them) like yourself's. However, not everyone does.

What's a DSLR camera got do with anything..?

We were talking about trains going past Chester-le-Street at speed being scary (or I was, at least!)
(01 Aug 2015, 8:20 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]What's a DSLR camera got do with anything..?

We were talking about trains going past Chester-le-Street at speed being scary (or I was, at least!)

My point being that it isn't the best for images if you have just an ordinary digital camera, or a bridge camera like mine.

The whole "scary" thing is something which goes back a long way for me. The reason why I really HATE going to Chester is because when I was only very young, a HST went past and my Dad had to grab me back otherwise I probably would have been under it.
(01 Aug 2015, 8:17 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]It can be a brilliant locations for photos if you have a camera like Dan's. Unfortunately, some people (Like myself) don't.

Cramlington is 110mph, and my Nikon L330 is actually quite good. It's all about if you take the photo correctly.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21