North East Buses

Full Version: Transport Photography
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(17 Feb 2015, 6:02 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]When I'm around other people, I feel a lot less vulnerable. I sound like such a wimp hahaha. Tongue

Yup  Big Grin
(17 Feb 2015, 6:05 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Yup  Big Grin

Once again, wipe that sMERC off your face, citaro! Big Grin
(17 Feb 2015, 4:47 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]May I ask, when anybody else was starting to take photos, did you find it sometimes it felt hard to take your camera out in the open? Especially with chavs, etc, who make you feel uncomfortable?

I'm finding it harder and harder to take my camera out for a matter of 5 seconds to take a photo, at the risk of being stared at, etc. Some people can make you feel really nervous...

I guess it's just because I'm still starting out.

Go out with others. You'll find it easier. 

I'm still a bit iffy when by myself in places I don't really know. I tend not to stay in one place for too long though, as it's bound to attract attention.
(17 Feb 2015, 6:11 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Go out with others. You'll find it easier. 

I'm still a bit iffy when by myself in places I don't really know. I tend not to stay in one place for too long though, as it's bound to attract attention.

Thanks aureolin.

I'm going out with Tom on Friday, so might take the camera. Big Grin
Do it.

You'll always think people are looking at you mind, but that's more than likely because they're curious about what you're doing? I'm sure you do it yourself to other people.
(17 Feb 2015, 6:06 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Once again, wipe that sMERC off your face, citaro! Big Grin
Wonder what he does at work CIT-AROUND
(17 Feb 2015, 6:16 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Do it.

You'll always think people are looking at you mind, but that's more than likely because they're curious about what you're doing? I'm sure you do it yourself to other people.
When I first started, I constantly felt my ears burning and eyes burning through me as I felt I was being watched constantly, even though people probably were not looking, I could not be convinced otherwise...I probably attracted attention as I wore sunglasses and a hoody or baseball cap...

If people are worried about people glaring at them or feel intimidated, my advice would be go off to a quieter place rather than close to a bus station or town centre Big Grin
Would anyone describe Concord as a rough area?

It just seemed to be rather quiet when I went though on a 56 the other day, but I've seen one or two photos with chavs hovering in the background.

I might try again tomorrow. (providing it's not a bad place)
(17 Feb 2015, 6:55 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Would anyone describe Concord as a rough area?

It just seemed to be rather quiet when I went though on a 56 the other day, but I've seen one or two photos with chavs hovering in the background.

Never done much at Concord, but felt alright the once or twice I have been there
(17 Feb 2015, 7:06 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Never done much at Concord, but felt alright the once or twice I have been there

Cheers Fozz. Smile
(17 Feb 2015, 6:51 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Wonder what he does at work CIT-AROUND
When I first started, I constantly felt my ears burning and eyes burning through me as I felt I was being watched constantly, even though people probably were not looking, I could not be convinced otherwise...I probably attracted attention as I wore sunglasses and a hoody or baseball cap...

If people are worried about people glaring at them or feel intimidated, my advice would be go off to a quieter place rather than close to a bus station or town centre Big Grin

You were being watched... by Nexus jobsworths   Wink
(17 Feb 2015, 7:07 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]You were being watched... by Nexus jobsworths   Wink

Had no bother off Nexus in Gateshead today - it's one who's usually arsey with me when I haven't even got my camera with me...
(17 Feb 2015, 7:09 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Had no bother off Nexus in Gateshead today - it's one who's usually arsey with me when I haven't even got my camera with me...

You might not have your camera with you, but you might have a machine pistol hidden in your pocket...Wink
(17 Feb 2015, 7:10 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]You might not have your camera with you, but you might have a machine pistol hidden in your pocket...Wink

OMG! Dan shot him!  Big Grin

#byebyenexusjobsworth
#hashtagsonNEB
(17 Feb 2015, 6:55 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Would anyone describe Concord as a rough area?

Concord should be alright, but perhaps stick to the railings as the buses exit the bus station. 

Only seen people in Concord taking photos once.
There were two old fellas there on the first working day of the 4's who photos of the Mercs.
Sent a FOI request to Nexus earlier, requesting their policy about photography. They've probably shat their pants that someone's sent a FOI request and by law they have to answer it.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/p...s_stations

This should make things much clearer!
(20 Feb 2015, 7:53 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]Sent a FOI request to Nexus earlier, requesting their policy about photography. They've probably shat their pants that someone's sent a FOI request and by law they have to answer it.

I will tell you exactly what you will get back Tommy...I asked ages ago about it, and the reply got lost in my inbox, I only found it when I started to clear up 17,000 messages

Photography

Metro regularly receives requests for filming and photography and they can often vary from film production companies to local railway enthusiasts. Each request will be considered on its own merits and an application form will need to be completed in all cases. If you are filming on behalf of a company/organisation then procedures are detailed below. If you are amateur photographer then some of the procedures may be waived. It is imperative that in all instances a safety briefing is conducted prior to any attendance on Metro premises as we need to ensure your safety as well as the travelling passengers. Please follow the guidelines below:

Permission to film or take photographs on Metro must be obtained in writing from the Metro Communications department
Wherever possible we will try to accommodate any filming and photo requests
To request photography permission contact the Customer Relations team on 0191 203 3199 or email contactus@twmetro.co.uk
For film and media requests, contact Jenni Duncan jenni.duncan@twmetro.co.uk
Two weeks notice is required so we can arrange for a Metro representative to be present
Filming times are normally limited to off peak periods, Monday-Friday 9.30am-4.30pm. Evenings and weekends will depend on staff availability
Flash photography is NOT permitted on Metro platforms when trains are approaching, for safety reasons
(20 Feb 2015, 7:53 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]Sent a FOI request to Nexus earlier, requesting their policy about photography. They've probably shat their pants that someone's sent a FOI request and by law they have to answer it.

I don't think they are. I put a similar one in a good while ago, and lets just say that the response is favourable for enthusiasts.
(20 Feb 2015, 7:59 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I don't think they are. I put a similar one in a good while ago, and lets just say that the response is favourable for enthusiasts.

I searched for a similar request but I couldn't find one anywhere. Hence why I've put a new request in.

Whoops  Rolleyes
(20 Feb 2015, 7:59 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]
I don't think they are
. I put a similar one in a good while ago, and lets just say that the response is favourable for enthusiasts.

By law, public authorities must respond promptly to requests.

Even if they are not prompt, in nearly all cases they must respond within 20 working days. If you had to clarify your request, or they are a school, or one or two other cases, then they may have more time (full details).
WhatDoTheyKnow will email you if you don’t get a timely response. You can then send the public authority a message to remind them, and tell them if they are breaking the law.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21