North East Buses

Full Version: What's annoying you today? V3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Waking up at 5.50, on the first day of the holidays Sad
(28 Mar 2015, 12:06 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]This piece of scum.
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...er-8937114

Coached a team that played in the same league/division as my eldest.

Feel mightily sorry for the lads, who I assuming played in the team he coached.

Hadn't heard anything at all, but noticed he had been missing for a while, including the fixture between the team he coached and my sons team just a few weeks back.

Hope he rots inside.
Speaking to people today, apparently he has already been attacked and lost half an ear.
Deserves a slow, painful time rotting away at her majesties pleasure.
I hope he gets buggered to death in jail, he can rot in hell for all I care

(28 Mar 2015, 5:22 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Disgusting mate. I'm surprised he got to coach, unless the club have turned a blind eye to something? I thought that everybody had to do the FA CRB nowadays? 

Is there any FA Policy set about CRB checks for youth coaching i.e. how often they should be done, I imagine it would be every year, and if that was the case, the club he was coaching must have turned a blind eye as his banning order from the Darlo friendly was in 2011, somebody who claims to be a hooligan with a banning order on record is not somebody I would want to be coaching kids
(30 Mar 2015, 7:56 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Is there any FA Policy set about CRB checks for youth coaching i.e. how often they should be done, I imagine it would be every year, and if that was the case, the club he was coaching must have turned a blind eye as his banning order from the Darlo friendly was in 2011, somebody who claims to be a hooligan with a banning order on record is not somebody I would want to be coaching kids

The CRB doesn't expire, but some U18 clubs and leagues require it to be done on a regular basis. It's usually about three years? As Andreos1 said earlier though, it's only accurate at the time applied for. You could do anything a day after receiving it, and you'd still have a valid CRB. Useless system really...

In addition, you've got to do the FA's safeguarding workshop annually.
(30 Mar 2015, 8:04 am)aureolin wrote [ -> ]The CRB doesn't expire, but some U18 clubs and leagues require it to be done on a regular basis. It's usually about three years? As Andreos1 said earlier though, it's only accurate at the time applied for. You could do anything a day after receiving it, and you'd still have a valid CRB. Useless system really...

When I was involved with a Youth Group, as a Volunteer and an officer on the Board of Trustees I was CRB'd every 3 years, although I have a record, it was never a problem, though my record has caused problems with other authorities. I always wanted yearly CRB's, but it would have been costly putting in a load of CRBs every year, thats what I was told anyway.

Surely the FA and Youth Teams could come up with something whereby kids coaches get checked every year, then people like this **** from Gateshead will be found out before it is too late, I would probably have problems getting through an FA/Youth Football Team CRB check if one was run right now on me.
(30 Mar 2015, 7:56 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]I hope he gets buggered to death in jail, he can rot in hell for all I care

Is there any FA Policy set about CRB checks for youth coaching i.e. how often they should be done, I imagine it would be every year, and if that was the case, the club he was coaching must have turned a blind eye as his banning order from the Darlo friendly was in 2011, somebody who claims to be a hooligan with a banning order on record is not somebody I would want to be coaching kids

(30 Mar 2015, 8:04 am)aureolin wrote [ -> ]The CRB doesn't expire, but some U18 clubs and leagues require it to be done on a regular basis. It's usually about three years? As Andreos1 said earlier though, it's only accurate at the time applied for. You could do anything a day after receiving it, and you'd still have a valid CRB. Useless system really...

When the new system was launched a few years back (CRB, but with a new name), there was a slight change, whereby an employer can check for updates.
I had no idea that small change had been made and I am subject to CRB's on a regular basis.
The fact this usually entails a new application, makes me wonder how many other organisations are aware of it.
https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-se...k/overview
(30 Mar 2015, 8:19 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]When the new system was launched a few years back (CRB, but with a new name), there was a slight change, whereby an employer can check for updates.
I had no idea that small change had been made and I am subject to CRB's on a regular basis.
The fact this usually entails a new application, makes me wonder how many other organisations are aware of it.
https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-se...k/overview
I can remember this coming up in our board meetings as early as 2005, when it came in, I dont know, but if I remember correctly, changes to CRB were put forward in thr aftermath of Ian Huntley murdering them little girls in Soham, I think the overhaul of CRB give Police power to disclose anything that was relevant on a disclosure, so you may have had serious allegations against you that were never proven but were left on record, again going back to Huntley, he had previous allegations of rape made against him, and because it was only an allegation it was not disclosed on a CRB and as far as I am aware, things like this can be disclosed under the new service...

It has been a while since I have been subject to CRB checks so I am not 100% sure about it
McDonald's.

Stood in a queue, a group of four lads in front. It would then only take about five minutes for me to order then be on my way...
...they order one at a time.

With only half an hour to get from bus to Asda cashpoint to McDonalds back to bus, this was beyond a joke.
I place my order.
I wait five minutes for my order.
I receive my order.
I make my way back to the bus station.
Had about fifteen minutes to wait for the next bus, so I was bored and started peeling off the monopoly stickers...
...until...
...they hadn't put my mozzarella dippers in...
...with seven minutes until the bus...
...I quickly ran back to McDonald's to get them...
...and somehow I had a five minute wait for the bus...
...thank **** it was running late.

That was flipping exhausting.
(30 Mar 2015, 8:32 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]I can remember this coming up in our board meetings as early as 2005, when it came in, I dont know, but if I remember correctly, changes to CRB were put forward in thr aftermath of Ian Huntley murdering them little girls in Soham, I think the overhaul of CRB give Police power to disclose anything that was relevant on a disclosure, so you may have had serious allegations against you that were never proven but were left on record, again going back to Huntley, he had previous allegations of rape made against him, and because it was only an allegation it was not disclosed on a CRB and as far as I am aware, things like this can be disclosed under the new service...

It has been a while since I have been subject to CRB checks so I am not 100% sure about it

My first CRB was in 2005 (still keep them all), but I think you are right about it being a fall out from the Huntley murders.

The most recent changes (and change from CRB to DBS) have happened in the last year or so - I have one from either side of the changes, one under the old banner in 2010ish and my most recent (last year), under the new system.
2851 on service 5.

Sounds awful squeeks and rattles galore, it smells like someone has crapped their pants and the person sat behind me has his legs pressed right against the seat which is giving me backache.

For added fun temporary lights outside the Odeon Cinema.
(30 Mar 2015, 2:09 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]2851 on service 5.

Sounds awful squeeks and rattles galore, it smells like someone has crapped their pants and the person sat behind me has his legs pressed right against the seat which is giving me backache.

For added fun temporary lights outside the Odeon Cinema.
Going over rough road surfaces have given me a bad back!

Strongly considering making a charity appeal video. "just two £2 a month would give Jimmi enough to own and run a car, no-one should suffer what Jimmi's going through, thank you"
Right 2851 has made my list of least favourite buses in service, others include:

ARRIVA: 2833, 2843, 2851, basically any 08/58 reg Solo and let's not forget the X Darts.
You should try 2825. It's horrid.
(30 Mar 2015, 2:50 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]You should try 2825. It's horrid.
40 minutes on 2851 was bad enough, although I have had the displeasure of this Solo many times on the 21 for an hour in the past.

Journey was made even longer by passengers wanting to go somewhere in Aycliffe but didn't know where so the driver ended up giving directions, with this and roadworks we got back to my stop 10 minutes late.
5278 is the worst Merc I've been on for a long time. Lets out a high pitched squeak when at low speeds.
(30 Mar 2015, 3:12 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]5278 is the worst Merc I've been on for a long time. Lets out a high pitched squeak when at low speeds.
Worst Merc, oh poor you!
(30 Mar 2015, 3:17 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Worst Merc, oh poor you!
I don't slum it out on Darts and Solos, you know! Wink
(30 Mar 2015, 3:24 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I don't slum it out on Darts and Solos, you know! Wink
Some of us don't get such luxuries.

It's bad when I think a Pulsar is the best we can get in the way of luxury
(30 Mar 2015, 3:38 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Some of us don't get such luxuries.

The best I can get in luxury is a MAX OmniCity, as long as I close my eyes for an hour or two.
was about to have a afternoon kip and i get woken up by some charity cases at my door from cancer research lookslike an early night is on the cards
(30 Mar 2015, 3:38 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Some of us don't get such luxuries.

B10BLEs for me!  Big Grin