North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Major Service Changes July 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(21 Jun 2022, 3:59 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]60 is going to interwork with the 9& 61/61A on an evening it seems.

Aswell the 24 going to hourly on a evening, it seems the 9 & 5 will interwork on an evening. With the 24 interworking with the 5 & 26 during the day, and the latter on an evening, presumably using streetlites. 

God knows what buses are going to run that & PVR. 

Hopefully the 39/A/B/38/2A/2(towards Silksworth) will move into park lane to provide better connections. 

39/A/B they could use the current 73 stop towards Pennywell & stand N towards Doxford 

38 can use stand E towards the Docks 

2/2A can use Stand N towards Silksworth, this would be so much better for passengers

Sunderland Interchange is just a white elephant these days, unfit for purpose.

Why divert the 39 series to park lane interchange , it’s going to add more costs to the bus company for increase pvr due to added running time, and also will save the bus company money for each bus going into the interchange. This is why stagecoach pulled out of the interchange due to the fee and added journey time and there own passengers still using g the bus stops on holmside and John St.

Service 24 should do the same route as stagecoach E1/E2/E6 round the city centre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(21 Jun 2022, 4:17 pm)Aaron21 wrote [ -> ]Surprised they didn't renumber them the Q1/Q2. Don't understand why they have had to go with QA/QB. Can't wait to hear the announcements for that. This is the QuayCity QA service to Great Park

Or just give them a number, drop the Q? 17/17A as a random example.

It seems to be an example of trying to move away from traditional numbers and have it just known it as the “QuayCity bus”
(21 Jun 2022, 9:58 am)Drifter60 wrote [ -> ]They also haven’t confirmed evening buses for South Hetton. The 35 is reduced to hourly on a evening so I’m guessing this means the current short 35’s to Houghton which then operate as the 55 to South Hetton will no longer run - with the one 35 that does operate going to Low Moorsley.

They haven’t confirmed if the X1 or 61 will run to South Hetton later in the evening. Surely the area isn’t getting cut off on a evening?

Nexus are extending service 79A to South Hetton.  It is on there website.

Nexus rescue package for bus services in Gateshead, South Tyneside and Sunderland | nexus.org.uk
(21 Jun 2022, 4:33 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Sunderland Interchange is just a white elephant these days, unfit for purpose.

Why divert the 39 series to park lane interchange , it’s going to add more costs to the bus company for increase pvr due to added running time, and also will save the bus company money for each bus going into the interchange. This is why stagecoach pulled out of the interchange due to the fee and added journey time and there own passengers still using g the bus stops on holmside and John St.

Service 24 should do the same route as stagecoach E1/E2/E6 round the city centre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not sure I completely understand the hate for Sunderland Interchange? I suppose since GNE are saying the 39 is the main way to get Doxford International during the day, there’s a reason to put in back in the interchange - so people can interchange between buses if needs be.

(21 Jun 2022, 4:42 pm)BFK wrote [ -> ]Nexus are extending service 79A to South Hetton.  It is on there website.

Nexus rescue package for bus services in Gateshead, South Tyneside and Sunderland | nexus.org.uk

Thanks. Jimmi pointed it out earlier, I missed that. Hadn’t expected Nexus to step in to make sure an area in County Durham is still served!!
Will through tickets and guaranteed connections between 20 and 24 exist Dan?
No Sunday service to Beamish? - seems odd that.
(21 Jun 2022, 1:15 pm)Aaron21 wrote [ -> ]Odd that it mentions the 39A going to Houghton Le Spring only on the 55 part. But doesn't mentions it on the 39/39A changes at all

Not sure the understanding of the 47 running non stop between Newcastle & Metrocentre 

All 58 journeys will run to Follingsby with an X58 running between Newcastle, Gateshead, Follingsby only during peak times

Don't understand the 61A at all

91 to run an hour service now in the afternoon 

Beamish now only have 1 bus on a Sunday (8)

Beamish also now has 3 buses (28,29,8)

I'm still confused on why there cutting the 20 in two. Like if the 24 is gonna be ran by Prince Bishops branded buses. What was the point in the split

Service 61A is to run evenings and All day Sundays.  Will run from Sunderland to Murton via Ashbrooke, Leechmere ASDA, Grangetown then current 61 route to Murton.  Basically covering for withdrawn services 38/38C between Sunderland and Leechmere ASDA.  Then down to the Alexandra Roundabout at Grangetown, then as current 61 from Grangetown.

(21 Jun 2022, 3:31 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I doubt the Prince Bishops brand would be retained for the 24 considering it's a brand centred on County Durham. 24 will presumably be unbranded especially if the rumours of interworking with services 5 & 26 are to be believed.

The Prince Bishops Lites are presumably still to be repainted anyway given promotional material has shown the buses will be in a new livery (not yet adopted).

5425 is currently at Saltmeadows Road for repaint.
(21 Jun 2022, 4:16 pm)User2613 wrote [ -> ]With the Wallsend extension being half hourly presumably either the QA or QB will run to Wallsend with the other only going as far as now. Depending on the timings that could mean you end up getting the QA from Wallsend to great park but if you want to go back to Wallsend having to get the QB which could be confusing.

Having just worked it out it would appear that in order to keep the timings evenly spaced at every 15 minutes between great park and st peters while running every 30 minutes to Wallsend the QA would have to run from Wallsend-st peters-great park-st peters and the QB would have to run the reverse. This would mean a PVR of 8. In order to have the QA run Wallsend - great park - Wallsend and the QB run at peters-great park-st peters only you would need a PVR of 9.

*This assumes the same route is taken to Wallsend as previously
(21 Jun 2022, 4:48 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]No Sunday service to Beamish? - seems odd that.

Well, to be fair, everything was closed on Sundays back in 1913 and the 1950s respectively.
(21 Jun 2022, 4:48 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]No Sunday service to Beamish? - seems odd that.

The 8 will still serve Beamish on Sundays as it’s still operating CLS to Stanley only.

(21 Jun 2022, 4:49 pm)BFK wrote [ -> ]Service 61A is to run evenings and All day Sundays.  Will run from Sunderland to Murton via Ashbrooke, Leechmere ASDA, Grangetown then current 61 route to Murton.  Basically covering for withdrawn services 38/38C between Sunderland and Leechmere ASDA.  Then down to the Alexandra Roundabout at Grangetown, then as current 61 from Grangetown.

They could have done that route on all journeys really, to save differentiating between evenings and daytimes. That way they could have said the 38 would be replaced in the main as it’s not like they need the 61 on the Grangetown to City Centre corridor between the 39,60 & 2.
(21 Jun 2022, 5:06 pm)Drifter60 wrote [ -> ]
The 8 will still serve Beamish on Sundays as it’s still operating CLS to Stanley only.

They could have done that route on all journeys really, to save differentiating between evenings and daytimes. That way they could have said the 38 would be replaced in the main as it’s not like they need the 61 on the Grangetown to City Centre corridor between the 39,60 & 2.

Ah ye, missed that haha
(21 Jun 2022, 4:54 pm)User2613 wrote [ -> ]Having just worked it out it would appear that in order to keep the timings evenly spaced at every 15 minutes between great park and st peters while running every 30 minutes to Wallsend the QA would have to run from Wallsend-st peters-great park-st peters and the QB would have to run the reverse. This would mean a PVR of 8. In order to have the QA run Wallsend - great park - Wallsend and the QB run at peters-great park-st peters only you would need a PVR of 9.

*This assumes the same route is taken to Wallsend as previously

The current PVR for the Q3 is 8, so surely it would be 9 when it changes?
(21 Jun 2022, 5:12 pm)Thomas12 wrote [ -> ]The current PVR for the Q3 is 8, so surely it would be 9 when it changes?
It seems there is a reliability issue with the Q3 aswell, I saw someone on twitter, 4 had broke down in just a couple of days not good
(21 Jun 2022, 5:12 pm)Thomas12 wrote [ -> ]The current PVR for the Q3 is 8, so surely it would be 9 when it changes?
The way I worked it gave 4min recovery time at either end. If they wanted to increase that recovery time then yes it would mean increasing the PVR to 9.
Seemingly the 50 will have a PVR of 7 and be operated using 6301-6307.

As far as the Consett expresses are concerned, I reckon 6356-61 will stay put on the X45 (+ 1 as a spare) with 6362/63 moving onto the X1 to provide the full PVR.

Assuming the X70/71/72 are gonna have to become standalone that would be a PVR of 7 (although part of me did wonder could they interwork with the 12 which is also every 20 minutes) and then the X30/31 would have a PVR of 3. So that accounts for 10 of the MMC's which leaves 4, a couple as spares and maybe 6351 could move to Riverside as the X10 spare allowing 6336/7 to be spares for the other double deck services at Riverside.

Certainly doesn't look like those B5's will be moving off the X21 anytime soon, no matter how many times people post about it  Tongue
(21 Jun 2022, 5:33 pm)peter wrote [ -> ]Seemingly the 50 will have a PVR of 7 and be operated using 6301-6307.

As far as the Consett expresses are concerned, I reckon 6356-61 will stay put on the X45 (+ 1 as a spare) with 6362/63 moving onto the X1 to provide the full PVR.

Assuming the X70/71/72 are gonna have to become standalone that would be a PVR of 7 (although part of me did wonder could they interwork with the 12 which is also every 20 minutes) and then the X30/31 would have a PVR of 3. So that accounts for 10 of the MMC's which leaves 4, a couple as spares and maybe 6351 could move to Riverside as the X10 spare allowing 6336/7 to be spares for the other double deck services at Riverside.

Certainly doesn't look like those B5's will be moving off the X21 anytime soon, no matter how many times people post about it  Tongue
X10 certainly need 2 spare. 

I think maybe 6099/6100 would go to Percy Main, with maybe 6337 going to Deptford or Washington.
(21 Jun 2022, 3:41 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Clearly but if GNE can't make it run successfully what chance do (i presume GCT) have?
Why GCT - the 82 passes within walking distance of JH Coaches depot, more likely to be them operating it??
(21 Jun 2022, 5:33 pm)peter wrote [ -> ]Certainly doesn't look like those B5's will be moving off the X21 anytime soon, no matter how many times people post about it  Tongue
Depends how timetables and interworking patterns pan out. By the looks of it, the X45 being extended to Hownsgill will allow the driving hours to be pushed in a similar way to how Arriva's Blyth drivers can also do two round trips on the 308 (also nearly 5 hours) and then just walk into the depot.

If the interworking patterns allowed, below could actually work out as a feasible allocation

E400MMC:
- 6338-40 - X30/X31
- 6341-42 - Consett Spares
- 6343-51 - X21

StreetDeck:
- 6331-33 - Riverside Spares
- 6356-60 - X45
- 6361 - Washington Spare
- 6362-75 - X1
- 6376 - Washington Spare

B5TL:
- 6308-14 - X70/X71/X72
- 6334-35 - Consett Spares

B9TL:
- 6043-48 - 47 (Unchanged)
(21 Jun 2022, 4:18 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Aye, I agree daft route numbers there for sure
A & C would surely have been better - anti-clockwise and clockwise. Presumably simply “Welcome to the Quaycity A” with no reference to QA other than on the destinations.
for the 50 extension to Marsden bay on a Sunday i wonder which way it will go around to get to the Seafront, possibly routes:
if it did head around River Drive so really where a Coach would head around for the Seafront then that will mean the Bus Stop outside the Haven Point will be in use again

[Image: unknown.png]

(21 Jun 2022, 8:15 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]Depends how timetables and interworking patterns pan out. By the looks of it, the X45 being extended to Hownsgill will allow the driving hours to be pushed in a similar way to how Arriva's Blyth drivers can also do two round trips on the 308 (also nearly 5 hours) and then just walk into the depot.

If the interworking patterns allowed, below could actually work out as a feasible allocation

E400MMC:
- 6338-40 - X30/X31
- 6341-42 - Consett Spares
- 6343-51 - X21

StreetDeck:
- 6331-33 - Riverside Spares
- 6356-60 - X45
- 6361 - Washington Spare
- 6362-75 - X1
- 6376 - Washington Spare

B5TL:
- 6308-14 - X70/X71/X72
- 6334-35 - Consett Spares

B9TL:
- 6043-48 - 47 (Unchanged)
maybes 1 or 2 B9's will be taken off the Red Kite Rangers due to the withdrawal of the 47A :|