North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Major Service Changes July 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(14 Jul 2022, 2:40 pm)Retro Nero wrote [ -> ]Let's hope with the new changes the destination displays have a bit more variety  …... example.2 Washington via City Centre & Shiney Row  /  Harraton & Lambton  rather than just via Sunderland.
Why?
(14 Jul 2022, 1:01 pm)gc802002 wrote [ -> ]Also Reference to the loss of the Sunday Service on the X5/X15 corridor has been removed?
It appears their is a new Sunday Timetable now on the Website...

Did the new Operator hand back the Tender?
(14 Jul 2022, 2:47 pm)F114TML wrote [ -> ]Why?
The amount of people who board in Sunderland and aren't sure of the difference between the routes of the 2 & 2A which one goes to Lambton and which one goes to Biddick ,a bit less confusing than just showing via Sunderland which is the place they have boarded the service
(14 Jul 2022, 2:59 pm)gc802002 wrote [ -> ]It appears their is a new Sunday Timetable now on the Website...

Did the new Operator hand back the Tender?

Yes, Stanley Travel no longer wish to run the Sunday X15 and JH Coaches no longer wish to run the X62, and Go North East were the next cheapest bidders.
(14 Jul 2022, 3:04 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Yes, Stanley Travel no longer wish to run the Sunday X15 and JH Coaches no longer wish to run the X62, and Go North East were the next cheapest bidders.

Do they get penalised for withdrawing after they were awarded the tender?
On the services no longer operated by GNE (82/82A, 725, etc...) will those passengers see a huge fare increase?

Also whats happening to the 30 & 31?
(14 Jul 2022, 3:04 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Yes, Stanley Travel no longer wish to run the Sunday X15 and JH Coaches no longer wish to run the X62, and Go North East were the next cheapest bidders.

Strange that operators bid and then don't want to run the services when they win!

JH Coaches only have the 30/31 and 82/82A? Be interesting to see what buses they use.

Stanley Travel are not operating any new services?

What scholars buses are Go North East, Arriva, Weardale and JH Coaches operating from September?
(14 Jul 2022, 3:14 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Do they get penalised for withdrawing after they were awarded the tender?

No , If they return them during the cooling off period there will be no penalty. Although this was a rushed tender process, there will still be a standstill period

I am guessing with the Sunday run, Stanley Travel were maybe hoping to get the 30/31 , Together with existing work might have created the resouce to take on the Sunday work? Perhaps?

JH Maybe taken on too much with the 30/31 and 82/82A and thus didn't want the X62? 

All conjecture and i guess we may never know. 

I wonder if Arriva/Stagecoach tendered for anything? Or A-Line for that matter.
(14 Jul 2022, 3:14 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]On the services no longer operated by GNE (82/82A, 725, etc...) will those passengers see a huge fare increase?

Also whats happening to the 30 & 31?

I don't think fares will be expensive on the 30/31,  82/82A, 725 etc, but I think fares will increase for passengers connecting with other services for onward travel, for example Weardale 725/GNE 25 for Langley Park to Gateshead/Newcastle...

JH Coaches has the 30/31 if they don't hand back their winning tender like with the X62.
(14 Jul 2022, 3:23 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]I don't think fares will be expensive on the 30/31,  82/82A, 725 etc, but I think fares will increase for passengers connecting with other services for onward travel, for example Weardale 725/GNE 25 for Langley Park to Gateshead/Newcastle...

JH Coaches has the 30/31 if they don't hand back their winning tender like with the X62.

They have registered the 30/31, So presumably wont (they haven't the X62)
(14 Jul 2022, 3:17 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]Strange that operators bid and then don't want to run the services when they win!

JH Coaches only have the 30/31 and 82/82A? Be interesting to see what buses they use.

Stanley Travel are not operating any new services?

What scholars buses are Go North East, Arriva, Weardale and JH Coaches operating from September?

According to bustimes they only have 3 single deckers in the fleet (1 Streetlite WF & 2 E400's). Unless they want to allocate presidents or trident they may need to invest in newer vehicles.
(14 Jul 2022, 3:22 pm)gc802002 wrote [ -> ]No , If they return them during the cooling off period there will be no penalty. Although this was a rushed tender process, there will still be a standstill period

I am guessing with the Sunday run, Stanley Travel were maybe hoping to get the 30/31 , Together with existing work might have created the resouce to take on the Sunday work? Perhaps?

JH Maybe taken on too much with the 30/31 and 82/82A and thus didn't want the X62? 

All conjecture and i guess we may never know. 

I wonder if Arriva/Stagecoach tendered for anything? Or A-Line for that matter.

Stanley Travel would have made sense for the Stanley-based 30/31 and would have complimented the 713/714 but cheapest tender wins unfortunately.
(14 Jul 2022, 3:25 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]According to bustimes they only have 3 single deckers in the fleet (1 Streetlite WF & 2 E400's). Unless they want to allocate presidents or trident they may need to invest in newer vehicles.

YX11HOA isn't on the fleet list for some reason.
(08 Jul 2022, 8:23 pm)DeltaMan wrote [ -> ]Could the way NEXUS display the routes at bus stops be causing part of the issue?

Why isn't the 28, 56, 57 shown as a combined timetable along Old Durham Road to Gateshead and Newcastle? Same with the 21 and 25 in Low Fell. 

If I see a big wall of numbers for the 21, I ain't going to bother looking at the 25!

I look at other areas where operators have clearly taken time to show combined common section information and wonder why NEXUS can't or won't do that. 

Garbage in, garbage out
Your right in Norton and Stockton the 36 37 38 going towards Middlesbrough are all on one timetable together so why nexus won’t do the same is baffling.
(14 Jul 2022, 3:52 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]Your right in Norton and Stockton the 36 37 38 going towards Middlesbrough are all on one timetable together so why nexus won’t do the same is baffling.

Is there a picture of how this layout works?

Nexus should definitely put everything together which follows the same or similar route for the same destination, irrespective of the operator. Likewise Durham should do the same. However I'm confused how this works for displaying the different via points as some routes may reach the same or similar destination via a slightly or completely different route. Fare information should also be displayed at busy stops to encourage passengers to use better value services for them and perhaps spread passengers more evenly across services. To give an example, the 808 through Fenham could get a share of passengers from the 63 which it follows and could offer better value to passengers in some circumstances.
(14 Jul 2022, 3:17 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]Strange that operators bid and then don't want to run the services when they win!
Wonder if it's more likely they were bidding to cover all bases and won more services than they can actually run.
(14 Jul 2022, 4:01 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]Is there a picture of how this layout works?

Nexus should definitely put everything together which follows the same or similar route for the same destination, irrespective of the operator. Likewise Durham should do the same. However I'm confused how this works for displaying the different via points as some routes may reach the same or similar destination via a slightly or completely different route. Fare information should also be displayed at busy stops to encourage passengers to use better value services for them and perhaps spread passengers more evenly across services. To give an example, the 808 through Fenham could get a share of passengers from the 63 which it follows and could offer better value to passengers in some circumstances.
Well with the 36 37 38 it’s exactly the same route between Norton Red Lion and Middlesbrough Bus Station.  How the timetable works is it has the main via points with how long it will take to reach it. Then underneath is the boxes with the times the bus is due at that stop so in this combined it would be about every 6 minutes or so during the day and every 15 on evening and Sundays.
(14 Jul 2022, 4:31 pm)F114TML wrote [ -> ]Wonder if it's more likely they were bidding to cover all bases and won more services than they can actually run.

Stanley Travel only won the X15.  But perhaps they wanted the 30/31 and X15, and don't want the X15 without the 30/31.

JH Coaches maybe won more than expected, I hope they run the services well. 

Surprised if Arriva didn't go for any Gateshead routes, to compliment the X12.

No idea whether or not A-Line or Phoenix bid for anything but A-Line have got a couple of school contracts. 

For the 941, I'm not sure which trip Go North East have won, I thought it was the GCT one but it seems to be the Weardale one and Weardale are doing the GCT one.
(14 Jul 2022, 5:03 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]Stanley Travel only won the X15.  But perhaps they wanted the 30/31 and X15, and don't want the X15 without the 30/31.

JH Coaches maybe won more than expected, I hope they run the services well. 

Surprised if Arriva didn't go for any Gateshead routes, to compliment the X12.

No idea whether or not A-Line or Phoenix bid for anything but A-Line have got a couple of school contracts. 

For the 941, I'm not sure which trip Go North East have won, I thought it was the GCT one but it seems to be the Weardale one and Weardale are doing the GCT one.
This is actually good thinking cos presumably they would need to purchase a single decker for this, and it would complment having 2 drivers to cover both service like 4 on, 3 off over a 2 week rota
(14 Jul 2022, 3:25 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]According to bustimes they only have 3 single deckers in the fleet (1 Streetlite WF & 2 E400's). Unless they want to allocate presidents or trident they may need to invest in newer vehicles.
JH also have MX60BXD, a former Peter Hogg Streetlite WF that hasn't entered service yet.