North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Major Service Changes July 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11 Jun 2022, 1:03 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]Is this set in stone, bit disappointed about the 82, especially between Birtley and Washington
Nexus tender results still to be taken into account?
(11 Jun 2022, 1:32 pm)busmanT wrote [ -> ]Nexus tender results still to be taken into account?

Yes Indeed…

I wonder if they will bolt something onto the 34 to allow Crew Changes in Washington covering some of the axed routes? 

Otherwise will be a lot of dead mileage?
(11 Jun 2022, 3:03 pm)gc802002 wrote [ -> ]Yes Indeed…

I wonder if they will bolt something onto the 34 to allow Crew Changes in Washington covering some of the axed routes? 

Otherwise will be a lot of dead mileage?

Can't really use the 34 as you'll either leave Ouston or Urpeth Grange without a bus service. It'll more likely be bolted onto the 23 if anything or maybe something merged with the 25 and the 23 removed altogether.

The 37 will no doubt be redirected at the other end of the route to cover Washington village with the 73 potentially scrapped altogether (it copies the 8 mostly anyway).

Nexus don't care about GNE's dead milage that's not their problem.
(10 Jun 2022, 9:54 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Changes on VOSA for the 24 July 2022:

Variation:

PB0003954/557
Variation GO NORTH EAST LIMITED 69 (69) Winlaton Wardley

This is an interesting one considering it was proposed to be cancelled outright in the consultation.
(10 Jun 2022, 9:54 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]PB0003954/1101
Cancellation GO NORTH EAST LIMITED 31 (31) Stanley Stanley

PB0003954/1207
Cancellation GO NORTH EAST LIMITED 30 (30) Quaking Houses Stanley
I thought it was just the 30 being cancelled, not the 31 as well?
(11 Jun 2022, 3:09 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]This is an interesting one considering it was proposed to be cancelled outright in the consultation.

The 69B might be staying and the rest cancelled?
(11 Jun 2022, 3:49 pm)Jack Gill wrote [ -> ]I thought it was just the 30 being cancelled, not the 31 as well?
Was no mention of the 31 being cancelled in the consultation... shysters...

I did wonder about the 31 considering it interworks with the outgoing 30.
(11 Jun 2022, 4:00 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Was no mention of the 31 being cancelled in the consultation... shysters...

Perhaps they could be making some sort of new route combining the both, not sure how that would work though.
Only 8 working days to consider almost 9,000 responses, then look again at the proposals, finalising them and registering them?
(11 Jun 2022, 4:13 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Only 8 working days to consider almost 9,000 responses, then look again at the proposals, finalising them and registering them?

not to be cynical, but I very much doubt that they read any of the responses.
(11 Jun 2022, 4:35 pm)Thomas12 wrote [ -> ]not to be cynical, but I very much doubt that they read any of the responses.
I agree, they probably just sent the Changes to local authorities, and see what they would save.
(11 Jun 2022, 4:13 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Only 8 working days to consider almost 9,000 responses, then look again at the proposals, finalising them and registering them?
You old cynic you.
They will have gone through each and every one of them with a fine tooth comb, reflected on the content and adapted to suit.
But obviously they did it in record time with a dedicated team of 25.
(11 Jun 2022, 4:38 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]I agree, they probably just sent the Changes to local authorities, and see what they would save.

Aye I would agree with you there.
(11 Jun 2022, 4:00 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Was no mention of the 31 being cancelled in the consultation... shysters...

The 31 is already a Durham County Council contract so it would not be withdrawn and this is why it wasn’t included in the consultation…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(11 Jun 2022, 6:54 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The 31 is already a Durham County Council contract so it would not be withdrawn and this is why it wasn’t included in the consultation…

Anyways isnt there a mentioned 16B around that area for the 30
(11 Jun 2022, 4:35 pm)Thomas12 wrote [ -> ]not to be cynical, but I very much doubt that they read any of the responses.

That’s incorrect
(11 Jun 2022, 8:28 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]That’s incorrect
I’m sure as a customer advisor you’re told how important the process is and you’ve clearly drank the kool aid but it’s not feasible to have read, properly process and analyse 9000 or so bits of data in the timeframe to meet VOSA.

A quick glance and cursive nods yes….proper data analysis, unless it was outsourced (and even then to a top and very expensive company) absolutely not.
(11 Jun 2022, 9:21 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]I’m sure as a customer advisor you’re told how important the process is and you’ve clearly drank the kool aid but it’s not feasible to have read, properly process and analyse 9000 or so bits of data in the timeframe to meet VOSA.

A quick glance and cursive nods yes….proper data analysis, unless it was outsourced (and even then to a top and very expensive company) absolutely not.
Wonder if the data was being read and processed as it came in and not just after it closed, common themes would have appeared and have been easy to put together, the consultation forms would have been instantly available to process as soon as they were submitted, we are not talking about waiting for the postman to bring them all at once, im sure that a lot of this process was aimed at getting more services secured and still having services serving all areas all be it maybe under a different route, we will find out soon enough what the outcome is
(11 Jun 2022, 9:21 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]I’m sure as a customer advisor you’re told how important the process is and you’ve clearly drank the kool aid but it’s not feasible to have read, properly process and analyse 9000 or so bits of data in the timeframe to meet VOSA.

I'm more than aware of how important the process is, and how the data was processed.

Your patronising tone might appeal to some, but your comments aren't necessarily accurate.

…or the registrations had to be submitted in the normal timeframes and adjustments will be made (with short notice amendments agreed by local authority) accordingly based on the consultation responses.

Just a thought.

But, let’s face it, a good 80% of the responses would have been “don’t withdraw the 82”, “don’t withdraw the 25”, “don’t withdraw the 28” and similar… and in reality these services were always going to remain in some form, albeit with financial support and perhaps with Go North East not as the operator.

Actual responses with specific details of journeys, times and genuine suggestions would have been few and far between.