North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
(22 Apr 2020, 11:17 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Hopefully they are, would defiantly give them some good feedback.

Wonder if the 2020-2021 order has gone in yet? Tongue
Unless essential, I don't think GNE will order anything until next Spring unless desparate. They'll most likely need to assess capacity and demand going forward.
(22 Apr 2020, 11:31 am)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]Unless essential, I don't think GNE will order anything until next Spring unless desparate. They'll most likely need to assess capacity and demand going forward.

Na they won't have, it was sort of a jokey post.. trying to cheer people up!, clearly it was rubbish and i'll let my self out of the door and never try a joke again! Tongue

---

Edit:

Since we're coming to the end of the month, have any of the recent temporary withdrawn buses been fully delicensed yet?
(22 Apr 2020, 11:39 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Na they won't have, it was sort of a jokey post.. trying to cheer people up!, clearly it was rubbish and i'll let my self out of the door and never try a joke again! Tongue

---

Edit:

Since we're coming to the end of the month, have any of the recent temporary withdrawn buses been fully delicensed yet?
Haha Smile.

Of course I knew you were joking.
Just a thought, but I wonder if GNE are regretting going back to moquette seats since the leather ones are a hell of a lot easier to sanitise
(23 Apr 2020, 10:13 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Just a thought, but I wonder if GNE are regretting going back to moquette seats since the leather ones are a hell of a lot easier to sanitise
I doubt they will be given it much thought at the moment.  They more likely worrying about having enough money to keep operating and making numerous plans for the future rather then what seats they have.
(24 Apr 2020, 2:53 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]I doubt they will be given it much thought at the moment.  They more likely worrying about having enough money to keep operating and making numerous plans for the future rather then what seats they have.
I would think keeping their buses clean would be pretty important now, and leather is wipe clean whereas moquette is not

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
From Martjin Gilbert's latest update: https://www.facebook.com/100009920923911...9920923911&epa=SEARCH_BOX

Few fleet changes:

58 - now deckers

Fleet changes between Consett/Riverside and Deptford/Peterlee this weekend, with routes changing fleet:

16A will become Deckers

X71 will become Streetlites

1A more deckers on the route

33A (Newcastle)/Q3 will be Solo
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...s-18149234

Not handling money ( not giving change).
(25 Apr 2020, 2:59 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...s-18149234

Not handling money ( not giving change).
Strange that they'd go through the hassle of setting up the credit notes (or whatever they call them) then the next week decide to not give change at all

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
I didn't even know they had set that up. It will be interesting to see where the excess money goes ( if any)? Im sure there was a massive story about a company ( could have been lothian) making over a million per years for not giving change.
(25 Apr 2020, 4:14 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]I didn't even know they had set that up. It will be interesting to see where the excess money goes ( if any)? Im sure there was a massive story about a company ( could have been lothian) making over a million per years for not giving change.

The information has just be released today, hence why you never knew! Tongue
There’s a few bus companies over the 20+ years only take exact fares only with no change given

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(25 Apr 2020, 4:29 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]There’s a few bus companies over the 20+ years only take exact fares only with no change given

Would it be achievable in the NE given that fare calculators can be implemented on apps, websites etc?

The biggest gripe when I was a regular user of buses back in the day (ANE 308 & GNE 309/310) was when people often legged it last minute for the bus and ended up holding the bus up by paying a £1.50 fare with notes. And by the time they were processed and onboard, the next person would then come legging it and repeating the same process again. 

That then made the bus later and later.
Could work in the NE if bus companies take it forward and do some research on there fare structure, it will stop loopy passengers getting on with a £20 note for a small paying fare, plus with contactless being around for awhile now plus bus companies own day and week tickets.
Also less time staying idle at bus stops.

(25 Apr 2020, 4:14 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]I didn't even know they had set that up. It will be interesting to see where the excess money goes ( if any)? Im sure there was a massive story about a company ( could have been lothian) making over a million per years for not giving change.

Any excess money is being donated to charity, but this isn’t something being widely publicised during the crisis as we don’t want to encourage payment with notes as these have to be handled by colleagues when cashing in (gloves are being provided).

Respect to gne for donating.
(25 Apr 2020, 4:29 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]There’s a few bus companies over the 20+ years only take exact fares only with no change given

Hull corporation buses used to have the machines that you dropped your cash into and they gave no change. This was back in my childhood, so significantly more than 20 years ago!
I'm surprised they aren't promoting PAYG Pop cards at the minute, seems like it would be a great time, especially for those without a contactless card but can make payments online
Cheers Dan for the reply. Great gesture
(25 Apr 2020, 11:07 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]From Martjin Gilbert's latest update: https://www.facebook.com/100009920923911...9920923911&epa=SEARCH_BOX

Few fleet changes:

58 - now deckers

Fleet changes between Consett/Riverside and Deptford/Peterlee this weekend, with routes changing fleet:

16A will become Deckers

X71 will become Streetlites

1A more deckers on the route

33A (Newcastle)/Q3 will be Solo

Does anyone know if there was any fleet movements due to these changes?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28