North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
With the announcement that pubs, restaurants etc opening from 4th July, i would expect evening/weekend services to be increased from around the same day.

Wasn't it said that the X20 will continue to Sunderland on a Sunday when the hospitality sector reopened?

Edit: Found the post:

deanmachine

So it does, I was going by depot information, this might just be whilst quarantine is still happening, but our info does say a Sunday X20 service to replace the third 20 an hour.

---
Dan

That's the 'longer term' plan (as well as evenings/Sundays on the 25).

For now we'll be running a Sunday service on a Saturday, and the current emergency timetables on a Sunday, until such a time that demand increases.

https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showt...p?tid=2465&page=6

[/quote]
Saturdays are already starting to get busy for a Sunday service, the evenings are still dead though. That will change with pubs opening though.
(23 Jun 2020, 7:09 pm)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]Saturdays are already starting to get busy for a Sunday service, the evenings are still dead though. That will change with pubs opening though.
I'm not sure lots of people will be rushing out to the pub by bus - they certainly aren't rushing to shop (by any mode).
(23 Jun 2020, 11:19 pm)busmanT wrote [ -> ]I'm not sure lots of people will be rushing out to the pub by bus - they certainly aren't rushing to shop (by any mode).

Shops seem to have died down again, for the past few weeks supermarkets have been basically dead whenever I've been, after they opened the non essential retail things started to pick up again but now it seems people have got the shopping out of their system and are sat at home again.
Same with the likes of KFC and McDonalds, when KFCs started to reopen the queues were miles long, but after the first week you were lucky if there were 5 cars waiting. McDonalds has been the same as far as I can tell.

So, what I'm imagining is on the first weekend things will be absolutely packed, then by the second weekend things will have died down again.
(23 Jun 2020, 11:19 pm)busmanT wrote [ -> ]I'm not sure lots of people will be rushing out to the pub by bus - they certainly aren't rushing to shop (by any mode).

More working mens clubs and other places that have plenty of concessionary pass patrons I was thinking of.
(24 Jun 2020, 12:53 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Same with the likes of KFC and McDonalds, when KFCs started to reopen the queues were miles long, but after the first week you were lucky if there were 5 cars waiting. McDonalds has been the same as far as I can tell.

So, what I'm imagining is on the first weekend things will be absolutely packed, then by the second weekend things will have died down again.

The thing with drive-thru fast food is that, while undoubtedly it's a bit quieter than the first few days, it's a completely different way of working for those on the inside. The shorter queues are likely a combination of both slightly fewer customers but also big increases in how efficient the staff are being with the new systems. Obviously with other industries there's not an awful lot of efficiency improvements - or at least not that will have a huge impact on queue speed. 

With pubs, I think we'll see a more prolonged period of them being busy. Lots of people will miss the first weekend as it's likely to be utter carnage, but return over the following few weeks and give the pubs a more sustained level of custom.
(24 Jun 2020, 10:24 am)mb134 wrote [ -> ]The thing with drive-thru fast food is that, while undoubtedly it's a bit quieter than the first few days, it's a completely different way of working for those on the inside. The shorter queues are likely a combination of both slightly fewer customers but also big increases in how efficient the staff are being with the new systems. Obviously with other industries there's not an awful lot of efficiency improvements - or at least not that will have a huge impact on queue speed. 

With pubs, I think we'll see a more prolonged period of them being busy. Lots of people will miss the first weekend as it's likely to be utter carnage, but return over the following few weeks and give the pubs a more sustained level of custom.

No doubt, honestly I don't understand people's need to go to the pub, the only reason I ever went was for pub quiz, but I could happily live without it. Even more so with nightclubs, a year or two back I reluctantly agreed to go out with a few friends for a birthday as I wanted to see how bad it really was. As someone who doesn't really drink other than the occasional bottle of wine and hates loud music (if we can even call it music) I found it quite fascinating just standing in the corner watching.
(24 Jun 2020, 11:21 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]No doubt, honestly I don't understand people's need to go to the pub, the only reason I ever went was for pub quiz, but I could happily live without it. Even more so with nightclubs, a year or two back I reluctantly agreed to go out with a few friends for a birthday as I wanted to see how bad it really was. As someone who doesn't really drink other than the occasional bottle of wine and hates loud music (if we can even call it music) I found it quite fascinating just standing in the corner watching.

To be social, have a good night out, pi** our wages up the wall on drink and random snacks?
(24 Jun 2020, 11:29 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]To be social, have a good night out, pi** our wages up the wall on drink and random snacks?

The only way I can see it being a 'good' night out is if the drinking isn't the main thing you're doing, pub quiz for example, I go there for the quiz, not the pub.
If you're going out to meet friends, does it really have to be at a pub? Can it not be going for a walk, sitting in the park playing a game of scrabble?

Plus, with the restrictions lifted, you're only allowed to meet indoors with one other household, so it's not as if you can meet with all your friends for a drink, unless it's outdoors. At which point, why not just meet in the garden
(24 Jun 2020, 11:43 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]The only way I can see it being a 'good' night out is if the drinking isn't the main thing you're doing, pub quiz for example, I go there for the quiz, not the pub.
If you're going out to meet friends, does it really have to be at a pub? Can it not be going for a walk, sitting in the park playing a game of scrabble?

Plus, with the restrictions lifted, you're only allowed to meet indoors with one other household, so it's not as if you can meet with all your friends for a drink, unless it's outdoors. At which point, why not just meet in the garden

Or you can do both?, go for a walk with friends and then go to the pub?, i love to do both.

Don't get me wrong though, its not like i was out every week at the pub before Covid Tongue, I'd rather drink in the garden or someones house, but if someone says, "let's go to the pub", it's normally a yes from me Tongue.
(24 Jun 2020, 11:55 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Or you can do both?, go for a walk with friends and then go to the pub?, i love to do both.

Don't get me wrong though, its not like i was out every week at the pub before Covid Tongue, I'd rather drink in the garden or someones house, but if someone says, "let's go to the pub", it's normally a yes from me Tongue.

My response is usually "are you paying?!"
Me being an absolute cheapskate means I don't like paying 3x the amount just to sit in a pub

I don't drink that much, so I'm usually just having a pepsi, but £1.50 for a glass when I can get a big bottle for that price (and not have it taste like it's been watered down)

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Martjin Confirmed tonight that they're working on timetables for non-essential places opening on 4th July - more likely weekend than evening changing though.
I'm more stressed out that the Gyms aren't opening any time soon. Also will the new GAL Streetdecks and E400s have aircon?
(24 Jun 2020, 6:59 pm)Big O wrote [ -> ]I'm more stressed out that the Gyms aren't opening any time soon. Also will the new GAL Streetdecks and E400s have aircon?

I can understand why the indoor gyms aren't opening, the virus is spread by droplets, and when people are sweating and breathing heavily it makes it spread a lot easier, even with the panels separating them. It lingers around in the air for quite a while, especially without a lot of ventilation, which is quite difficult when you're designing the areas to not allow ventilation between areas

Hasn't AC been standard fit for quite a number of years now, I'd be very surprised if they didn't
So when the pubs etc. reopen, is the advice still not to use public transport unless necessary? Or will the change in recommended social distancing impact this advice?
(24 Jun 2020, 11:33 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]I can understand why the indoor gyms aren't opening, the virus is spread by droplets, and when people are sweating and breathing heavily it makes it spread a lot easier, even with the panels separating them. It lingers around in the air for quite a while, especially without a lot of ventilation, which is quite difficult when you're designing the areas to not allow ventilation between areas

Hasn't AC been standard fit for quite a number of years now, I'd be very surprised if they didn't
AC seems to be one of the worst vectors for indoor transmission. All that badly filtered recirculated air.
(25 Jun 2020, 9:51 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]AC seems to be one of the worst vectors for indoor transmission. All that badly filtered recirculated air.

From what I've read that seems to be blown out of proportion (pardon the pun).
According to HSE, as long as the systems bring in some fresh air the risk of it spreading COVID is pretty low, even on full recirculation systems, as long as they recirculate in the same area the risk is no greater than having the system turned off. The biggest risk is stagnant air, so even a desk fan helps.

Obviously the best thing to do is just open a window, but having the AC blasting doesn't increase the risk any more than just being in the same room
With horden peterlee station now open will it necessitate any peterlee area changes.
(29 Jun 2020, 7:44 am)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]With horden peterlee station now open will it necessitate any peterlee area changes.

None - services 209/210 were re-routed via Horden Station from 1 June, ready for it opening.
(29 Jun 2020, 7:44 am)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]With horden peterlee station now open will it necessitate any peterlee area changes.

Service 209/210 will be serving HORDEN station, timetable already up at the bus stop at the station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Image: 5f4ee865d7cc7e39f709f5ca02620439.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28