North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
(24 Mar 2020, 5:07 pm)6049 wrote [ -> ]They used to, since last summer the last one was done by the X1 running off.
Ah very good. Shows u how long it is since I've done overtime!

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
(24 Mar 2020, 5:09 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Ah very good. Shows u how long it is since I've done overtime!

Very hand run, as it's light back to Washington afterwards which positions you to make a pit stop at Grasswell Chippy ?
(24 Mar 2020, 6:42 pm)6049 wrote [ -> ]Very hand run, as it's light back to Washington afterwards which positions you to make a pit stop at Grasswell Chippy ?
I wouldn't be on it if it wasnt in service lmao

Surprised the Sprinter is being used on the 30. You could only fit a single passenger on it, if to maintain the social distance of 2m.

No idea on what passenger numbers have been like, but the negative of using smaller vehicles is that people inevitably are positioned closer together. Many of which don't have a choice, as they've been labelled a key worker.
(24 Mar 2020, 8:07 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Surprised the Sprinter is being used on the 30. You could only fit a single passenger on it, if to maintain the social distance of 2m.

No idea on what passenger numbers have been like, but the negative of using smaller vehicles is that people inevitably are positioned closer together. Many of which don't have a choice, as they've been labelled a key worker.

Passenger numbers have been closely analysed before these decisions have been made - trust me when I say that (many hours of staring at computer screens later) - and you can maintain social distancing with more than one passenger on the Sprinters.
(24 Mar 2020, 8:07 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Surprised the Sprinter is being used on the 30. You could only fit a single passenger on it, if to maintain the social distance of 2m.

As a driver operating in and around Stanley/Consett the number of passengers using our buses who are not key workers is staggering. Carried the same passenger twice heading to Stanley yesterday, carried oaps into Newcastle for a look out today. I understand being stuck indoors is frustrating but it needs to be done, not just for their safety. So really I do see the sense of allocating a smaller vehicle, might dissuade unnecessary usage.
(24 Mar 2020, 8:38 pm)Stanleyone wrote [ -> ]As a driver operating in and around Stanley/Consett the number of passengers using our buses who are not key workers is staggering. Carried the same passenger twice heading to Stanley yesterday, carried oaps into Newcastle for a look out today. I understand being stuck indoors is frustrating but it needs to be done, not just for their safety. So really I do see the sense of allocating a smaller vehicle, might dissuade unnecessary usage.

Same in Durham. I was surprised at the amount of people on the bus yesterday to and from the office. Especially OAPs.

I'm a key worker and have tried to remain in the office as long as possible, as I can only do about 90% of my job from home, but I decided to cut my losses from today. So I'll be staying put until further notice.

I just feel for all the workers that don't have the luxury and are needlessly putting others at risk because they're too stubborn.
(24 Mar 2020, 8:31 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Passenger numbers have been closely analysed before these decisions have been made - trust me when I say that (many hours of staring at computer screens later) - and you can maintain social distancing with more than one passenger on the Sprinters.

Plenty of room on the roof.
(24 Mar 2020, 3:48 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]They during normal weekday service. Believe it's the last 2 or 3 which are ran off the 4

Yeah, plus running off the X1 as mentioned. 
There's still plenty that don't, in addition to the hanging around they do on a Sunday.
(24 Mar 2020, 8:38 pm)Stanleyone wrote [ -> ]As a driver operating in and around Stanley/Consett the number of passengers using our buses who are not key workers is staggering. Carried the same passenger twice heading to Stanley yesterday, carried oaps into Newcastle for a look out today. I understand being stuck indoors is frustrating but it needs to be done, not just for their safety. So really I do see the sense of allocating a smaller vehicle, might dissuade unnecessary usage.
I took littlun for walkies up front street, this afternoon, to burn off some wriggles, and an angel pulled up at the stop ahead of us. The guy waiting at the stop was getting on the bus before the passenger alighting even had both feet on the ground.

It's going to have to get tougher, isn't it?
(24 Mar 2020, 9:25 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Yeah, plus running off the X1 as mentioned. 
There's still plenty that don't, in addition to the hanging around they do on a Sunday.
The way the running boards are for the 4 at the moment means layover time is always hit and miss. Some get 3mins and others get 8/9mins at Houghton. I suspect the May changes will have a significant impact on this.

All the late (2030 onward) 4s which run down to Houghton get 19mins sit. Every driver I know takes the time at Lidl as if you sit at Houghton Church you're taking your windows and life in your hands!
Looks like GNE are planning on reducing services even further. Not surprising with the lack of passengers I saw today during my one form of exercise

"A tough day for team GNE as we work up further service changes and plans to consolidate operations in the face of much reduced demand and income, but still keep communities connected. I’ve just given a Facebook live team update from Percy Main depot to keep colleagues informed."

https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/12...7424739331
(25 Mar 2020, 11:04 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Looks like GNE are planning on reducing services even further. Not surprising with the lack of passengers I saw today during my one form of exercise

"A tough day for team GNE as we work up further service changes and plans to consolidate operations in the face of much reduced demand and income, but still keep communities connected. I’ve just given a Facebook live team update from Percy Main depot to keep colleagues informed."

https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/12...7424739331
From what I seen today, all of the Coast Road routes were ghost trains (as they should be during these times).

I'd imagine GNE could do the following for the 309 & 310 if it still allowed social distancing in terms of capacity:

- 309 reduced to hourly getting 57 mins x Blyth and 55 mins x Newcastle. Departs Blyth at xx:43 arr Newcastle xx:40. Departs Newcastle xx:45 arr Blyth xx:40

- 310 reduced to hourly and serving Hadrian Park. Departs N/Shields xx:25 arr Newcastle xx:10. Departs Newcastle xx:15 arr N/Shields xx:58

- 311 withdrawn
(25 Mar 2020, 11:55 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]From what I seen today, all of the Coast Road routes were ghost trains (as they should be during these times).

I'd imagine GNE could do the following for the 309 & 310 if it still allowed social distancing in terms of capacity:

- 309 reduced to hourly getting 57 mins x Blyth and 55 mins x Newcastle. Departs Blyth at xx:43 arr Newcastle xx:40. Departs Newcastle xx:45 arr Blyth xx:40

- 310 reduced to hourly and serving Hadrian Park. Departs N/Shields xx:25 arr Newcastle xx:10. Departs Newcastle xx:15 arr N/Shields xx:58

- 311 withdrawn
I don't know how viable it would be, but I think they need to reduce the frequency quite substantially, 2 hourly at most on most services, with increased service only at peak time, and then running those services with higher passenger numbers only with deckers, and if more than 50% capacity, run two at a time to spread people out as much as possible

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Revisions from 28th March now published: https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/coronavirus/
(26 Mar 2020, 3:14 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Revisions from 28th March now published: https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/coronavirus/
That will 80% of the fleet delicensed probably

(26 Mar 2020, 3:14 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Revisions from 28th March now published: https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/coronavirus/

Happy the 8 is running, means an extra option for work now, even though I've only done around 10 hours this week out of my normal 40.

(26 Mar 2020, 3:16 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]That will 80% of the fleet delicensed probably

All Streetlite/Envrio and Solo ran no doubt.
(26 Mar 2020, 3:25 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Happy the 8 is running, means an extra option for work now, even though I've only done around 10 hours this week out of my normal 40.

All Streetlite/Envrio and Solo ran no doubt.
Well I'd imagine anything they can claim BSOG on or the most fuel efficient. Help minimise financial impact

(26 Mar 2020, 3:30 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Well I'd imagine anything they can claim BSOG on or the most fuel efficient. Help minimise financial impact

Surprised to see the 700/702 running, i thought they would of stopped it due to the uni's been off.
I wonder why the 29 is running a Saturday timetable. It not a secured service anymore is it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28