North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
(27 Mar 2020, 7:59 pm)6049 wrote [ -> ]Yep! Very close. I've not studied the timetables in detail, but the times of Washington's minibuses look broadly the same as Sunday service barring the 23 and earlier journeys so the PVRs listed are based on that. So I stand to be corrected Smile

Do you know what the total PVR is for a normal service?
(27 Mar 2020, 8:21 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Do you know what the total PVR is for a normal service?
I could probably work Washington's out but I'd be clueless about any other depot tbh
See this on twitter:

Jeff Hodgson

Day 10 at work since this awful Covid -19 took hold today was a hard 1 shutting my Depot Temporarily and transferring all drivers and buses to Deptford my team have been excellent 2 weeks work done in 24 hrs I think I deserve this thank you team Washington
https://t.co/W3eB3tBi6M

Looks like Washington's work has moved over to Deptford for the time-being.
(27 Mar 2020, 8:58 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]See this on twitter:

Jeff Hodgson

Day 10 at work since this awful Covid -19 took hold today was a hard 1 shutting my Depot Temporarily and transferring all drivers and buses to Deptford my team have been excellent 2 weeks work done in 24 hrs I think I deserve this thank you team Washington
https://t.co/W3eB3tBi6M

Looks like Washington's work has moved over to Deptford for the time-being.

MG said during one of his Facebook Lives that they were going to be running from Deptford, Consett and Riverside with the rest being temporarily closed.
(27 Mar 2020, 9:23 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]MG said during one of his Facebook Lives that they were going to be running from Deptford, Consett and Riverside with the rest being temporarily closed.

The outstations at Hexham and Peterlee are also remaining open, so just Chester-le-Street, Percy Main and Washington being closed for the time being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(27 Mar 2020, 9:43 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The outstations at Hexham and Peterlee are also remaining open, so just Chester-le-Street, Percy Main and Washington being closed for the time being.

Which Washington buses have moved to Deptford?
(27 Mar 2020, 10:32 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Which Washington buses have moved to Deptford?
MG said that the Red Arrows were already over, however the app shows 6050 and 6006 remaining as the last two standing on this evenings X1s. I'd imagine, they'll be transferred across by the spare drivers who are operating from Washington tomorrow. 5364 is still out on the 4 and will probably get the same treatment along with the majority of Solo's which are allocated to all remaining routes from the depot atm - unless Deptford has sufficient Solos to operate our routes with.

There looked to be a significant number of Mercs sitting in the depot tonight and only one was a Connections 4 - which was moving so may well have been getting transferred.
(27 Mar 2020, 10:59 pm)6049 wrote [ -> ]MG said that the Red Arrows were already over, however the app shows 6050 and 6006 remaining as the last two standing on this evenings X1s. I'd imagine, they'll be transferred across by the spare drivers who are operating from Washington tomorrow. 5364 is still out on the 4 and will probably get the same treatment along with the majority of Solo's which are allocated to all remaining routes from the depot atm - unless Deptford has sufficient Solos to operate our routes with.

There looked to be a significant number of Mercs sitting in the depot tonight and only one was a Connections 4 - which was moving so may well have been getting transferred.

4/X20 to be operated by Prince Bishops Streetlite, no Citaro or OmniCity to be used across GNE.

You beat me to it. My Mrs got bus from Newcastle. Was only one on at 5pm. Got talking to driver as he pulled in to wrong stand at Gateshead. He said....

Chester is shutting and drivers going to either Sunderland or riverside

100 plus drivers off on 12 week thing

From April 29 to be taken off perminatkey leaving kibblesworth with only 28a/28b

1 to not continue to wreckenton. 25 to drop down to Harlow green to cover some of route before return to old Durham road at qe hospital

Drivers used to do 7/7,5 hours shifts now doing 12 hours

And finally. Go north east are weeks away from going under.

Not saying this is gospel but it's just what she told me
(27 Mar 2020, 11:14 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]You beat me to it. My Mrs got bus from Newcastle. Was only one on at 5pm. Got talking to driver as he pulled in to wrong stand at Gateshead. He said....

From April 29 to be taken off perminatkey leaving kibblesworth with only 28a/28b

1 to not continue to wreckenton. 25 to drop down to Harlow green to cover some of route before return to old Durham road at qe  hospital

Changes were planned for middle of May, Shifts vary from 6 hours to 10 ( and a bit) hours. Lazy reporting by the chronicle, headlines sell papers!!!
(27 Mar 2020, 11:14 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]You beat me to it. My Mrs got bus from Newcastle. Was only one on at 5pm. Got talking to driver as he pulled in to wrong stand at Gateshead. He said....

1 to not continue to wreckenton. 25 to drop down to Harlow green to cover some of route before return to old Durham road at qe  hospital

If GNE are weeks away from going under, then Arriva are already long gone!
(27 Mar 2020, 11:25 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]If GNE are weeks away from going under, then Arriva are already long gone!
Although I'm not Arriva's biggest fan, I certainly wouldn't want them to go under. Ok, maybe a new investor or buyer and hopefully turn the business around for the better but certainly wouldn't want them to go under. Would hope that at least Nexus & NECA would step in and the same goes for any operator.
(27 Mar 2020, 11:39 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]Although I'm not Arriva's biggest fan, I certainly wouldn't want them to go under. Ok, maybe a new investor or buyer and hopefully turn the business around for the better but certainly wouldn't want them to go under. Would hope that at least Nexus & NECA would step in and the same goes for any operator.

I was saying it more to make the point of how unlikely it is for GNE to go under. Arriva is arguably in a worse financial situation, so if GNE are having issues, then Arriva have no hope!
(27 Mar 2020, 11:44 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]I was saying it more to make the point of how unlikely it is for GNE to go under. Arriva is arguably in a worse financial situation, so if GNE are having issues, then Arriva have no hope!
Yeah, of course I know where you were coming from Smile . But obviously just as a general point, I certainly wouldn't want any NE operator to go under.
(27 Mar 2020, 11:44 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]I was saying it more to make the point of how unlikely it is for GNE to go under. Arriva is arguably in a worse financial situation, so if GNE are having issues, then Arriva have no hope!

Not sure how you've come to the conclusion that ANE are in a worse financial position mind. Quick check of Companies House tells you that the profit after tax of ADC is higher than that of GNE for their respective last accounts - despite GNE revenues being higher than that of ADC and AN combined. 

In these times running a service on a shoestring is a necessity - for better or worse that's something Arriva are quite good at.
(27 Mar 2020, 11:02 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]4/X20 to be operated by Prince Bishops Streetlite, no Citaro or OmniCity to be used across GNE.

Some famil no doubt required at Deptford this morning. Especially with those temperamental StreetLites
WHOOOa I'm just telling you as it was told to my Mrs from the driver!!! She hasn't got the slightest interest in buses and aint got the ability to make things up. Now if the driver was having a bad day and decided to make up that GNE were skint well, that seems a strange thing to come out with TBH

also arriva is owned by the germans, yes? I know they havent be investing rfecently compared to other companies in the region but I hardly think the paret company would let them go to the wall??
Rob 44

also arriva is owned by the germans, yes?

Yes,  Arriva, although HQ is based in Sunderland (formerly T. Cowie), is a Subsidiary, 100% owned by Deutsche Bahn (German National Railways) which in turn is wholly owned 100% by The Federal Republic of Germany.
(27 Mar 2020, 11:02 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]4/X20 to be operated by Prince Bishops Streetlite, no Citaro or OmniCity to be used across GNE.

If that's the case, why are Citaro's been used on the X84/X85 (according to the app) :p
(28 Mar 2020, 12:05 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]If that's the case, why are Citaro's been used on the X84/X85 (according to the app) :p
They seem to be in the process of being swapped over for Deptford's X-lines Solos if bustimes.org is to be believed.
Same source suggests Riverside is using a fair number of Citaros, may just be temporary whilst other buses are prepared.
It's a massive undertaking moving buses around etc and it may be a few days before we get the full picture.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28