North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
The 'how busy is your bus' thing has been developed further:
https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/innovative...-its-buses

It's already in use at Transdev and attempts to provide more of a 'live' situation as opposed to the trend-based idea we've seen in the first phase.
(10 Jun 2020, 5:15 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]The 'how busy is your bus' thing has been developed further:

It's already in use at Transdev and attempts to provide more of a 'live' situation as opposed to the trend-based idea we've seen in the first phase.

Very handy like, shame its not on the actual app.

you beat me to it, was gonna edit my post to include it Tongue
(10 Jun 2020, 9:19 am)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Fleet list updated on GNE site. Surprised to see all but washys omnis not in service

But the 5/50 is Omnicities right now?
(10 Jun 2020, 5:15 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]The 'how busy is your bus' thing has been developed further:

Shame they got rid of the fleet number and now only show the reg now, what would be handy is if they showed the livery of the bus that's actually running. Like if an Angel is running on the X21, someone just looking for the gold bus might let it go past thinking it's just a 21
(10 Jun 2020, 5:20 pm)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]But the 5/50 is Omnicities right now?
Yep those are washys, with a further 4 at PM. Rest not in service
(10 Jun 2020, 5:24 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Yep those are washys, with a further 4 at PM. Rest not in service
Oh sorry, read it wrong, thought you were saying they weren't on the road lol
(10 Jun 2020, 5:40 pm)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]Oh sorry, read it wrong, thought you were saying they weren't on the road lol

I thought the exact same thing to be honest
(10 Jun 2020, 9:19 am)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Fleet list updated on GNE site. Surprised to see all but washys omnis not in service

The majority of the remainder will follow suit next week, when scholars services return. Still not all required though.

5272 - 5274 technically shouldn’t be on the road yet (until next Monday) but no harm in running them in, as they’re all taxed and inspected, and ready to go. Should hopefully mean fewer issues on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(11 Jun 2020, 6:14 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]The majority of the remainder will follow suit next week, when scholars services return. Still not all required though.

5272 - 5274 technically shouldn’t be on the road yet (until next Monday) but no harm in running them in, as they’re all taxed and inspected, and ready to go. Should hopefully mean fewer issues on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told a majority of them are now withdrawn fully due to a drop in overall PVR... which ones have been withdrawn?, wouldn't they be better replacing the Scania L94's instead of GNE hanging on the Scania L94's.
A number of interchange, high street and road layouts are being changed by councils over the coming days, starting from Monday 15 June to aid social distancing.

Please double check bus stop, stand and interchange arrangements as many will be subject to short notice change.

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/changes-in...ts-15-june

----------------

Nothing on Eastbound closure of Vine Place and Holmeside in Sunderland City Centre from Friday 12 June 2020 yet - now added!
(03 Jun 2020, 11:11 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Just noticed I worded that bad, that was about the short X21's there not the extended runs through to Bishop. It was in reply to the suggestion for them becoming more frequent.

Tbf though it's only extra £200 a year or so to use the train, which takes 15 mins vs 50 mins for the bus. I'd personally happily walk up the hill (you could even cycle, which is handy at both sides) to save an hour sitting on buses which could easily be delayed (less likely on a train) but everyone has there own opinion I suppose and I know it's a popular route as they removed the barriers at Durham because the majority of people come from Newcastle where they'd have their tickets checked to stop the congestion in Durham station.
20 minutes walk from my house to the train station. By the time I've done that I'm already through CLS on the bus.
(11 Jun 2020, 7:11 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]20 minutes walk from my house to the train station. By the time I've done that I'm already through CLS on the bus.

20 minutes later though you'd be in Newcastle on the train whereas only in Low Fell on the bus Tongue

Jokes aside, the hill is a bit of a trek though.
(11 Jun 2020, 9:43 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]20 minutes later though you'd be in Newcastle on the train whereas only in Low Fell on the bus Tongue

Jokes aside, the hill is a bit of a trek though.
It's downhill to get there for me. Uphill home. 

Central Station is a good 10 minutes extra walk to where I want to be in Newcastle compared with Eldon Square bus station. 

Not that I've been to Newcastle for 3 months and I doubt if I will be visiting as long as there's no loos!
Martjin said last night some fleet changes will happen over the weekend, ready for Monday, this is because more school buses are going to be running.
i'm not surprised GNE are losing money. Running the 28b on a Saturday less then 10 minutes before the 29 seems like throwing money away!
(14 Jun 2020, 4:38 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]i'm not surprised GNE are losing money. Running the 28b on a Saturday less then 10 minutes before  the 29 seems like throwing money away!

Don't forget the service levels on a Saturday are a complete mixed bag, predominantly running a normal Sunday service apart from where services do not operate on a Sunday (in which case their normal Saturday timetables have been used instead).

Once level of demand justifies a full, normal, weekend service, these issues will sort themselves out.
yes I get that Dan but running one bus less than 10 minutes behind the the other one (and i know they take slightly different routes ) seems a bit of a especially from a small village like kibblesworth
From todays fleet news:

Similarly, the coaches at Deptford which are normally allocated to the 4274 school service are to be used on ad-hoc private hire/rail replacement work only, with the school service instead operated by Scania L94UB/Wright Solar which have vandal screens for driving colleagues. As such; 5207 (NK54 NVB), 5208 (NK54 NVC) and 5209 (NK54 NVD) have been reinstated at Deptford.

Although it looks like its only for School buses, still good to see them back in service!

Full fleet news:

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/enthusiast-area
(15 Jun 2020, 11:10 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]From todays fleet news:

Similarly, the coaches at Deptford which are normally allocated to the 4274 school service are to be used on ad-hoc private hire/rail replacement work only, with the school service instead operated by Scania L94UB/Wright Solar which have vandal screens for driving colleagues. As such; 5207 (NK54 NVB), 5208 (NK54 NVC) and 5209 (NK54 NVD) have been reinstated at Deptford.

Although it looks like its only for School buses, still good to see them back in service!

Full fleet news:

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/enthusiast-area

5208 is currently tracking on BusTimes as operating service 55
(15 Jun 2020, 11:29 am)peter wrote [ -> ]5208 is currently tracking on BusTimes as operating service 55

That's good, glad they're out and about.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28