North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
676 (NK16 BXU) is tracking at both Deptford and Hexham, as its showing that the X20 and X85 are interworking - https://bustimes.org/vehicles/40108

Obvious its wrong but thought i would share anyway

----------

682 - NK66 CWX is on the H2 service today - i take it, Washington are running this service?
(01 Jun 2020, 9:52 am)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Just seen the corporate open-top President heading towards Gateshead Interchange with a couple of people in high vis sat upstairs at the back. GNE staff shuttle while it's sunny perhaps?  Wink

Perfect way for Social Distancing. Get those EYMS open top seaside vehicles up here and throw them onto 21 Wink
(01 Jun 2020, 11:20 am)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Perfect way for Social Distancing. Get those EYMS open top seaside vehicles up here and throw them onto 21 Wink

Nah, they'd be great on the X21. Totally safe on the motorway
Seems like L94 have been fully withdrawn. Citaros and streetlites operating 9, 35, 39, 61
Wright Solars most probably won't see any further use, although interestingly, 5208 was doing the staff shuttles yesterday morning so maybe one or two of them will be kept in the short term in a reserve capacity just in case required.
Is the ticket acceptance between operators still in place now the emergency timetables are no longer in place?
I would think there's be an announcement if they weren't anymore
(01 Jun 2020, 6:00 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Is the ticket acceptance between operators still in place now the emergency timetables are no longer in place?
I would think there's be an announcement if they weren't anymore

Its still in place.
(01 Jun 2020, 6:19 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Its still in place.
Do we know how long it's going to remain in place?

The original announcement gave the impression that it would only be in place when they are running to emergency timetables.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
(01 Jun 2020, 7:07 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Do we know how long it's going to remain in place?

The original announcement gave the impression that it would only be in place when they are running to emergency timetables.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Martjin said on his live update tonight, other operator tickets will be accepted for the next 12 weeks.

16 minutes - https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...7334320952&id=100009920923911
(01 Jun 2020, 10:17 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Martjin said on his live update tonight, other operator tickets will be accepted for the next 12 weeks.

16 minutes - https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...7334320952&id=100009920923911

Giving it a watch now, thanks!
Has anyone got an official list of what was withdrawn after the changes on the 1st June?

Bustimes.org is all over the place, however 5211 is the only Scania on the fleet list, on the site - but we knew they would go anyway.
Was on the GNE website today, I must say the update is fantastic. I was just looking at the Cobalt & Coast timetables, and I was really impressed by the frequency levels among those three routes. Really positive to see it retaining a high frequency throughout the day. GNE really lead the way up here..
(03 Jun 2020, 7:24 pm)Big O wrote [ -> ]Was on the GNE website today, I must say the update is fantastic. I was just looking at the Cobalt & Coast timetables, and I was really impressed by the frequency levels among those three routes. Really positive to see it retaining a high frequency throughout the day. GNE really lead the way up here..
The Cobalt & Coast routes will be in a strong position going forward. Arriva will no doubt pull the X6 (most routes & connections available with GNE / Stagecoach) and Stagecoach may even scale back the 1 & 22.

The Coast Road is another story too as Arriva will have to downsize and consolidate to get their fleet quality & standardization under control.

(03 Jun 2020, 6:55 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]I have to disagree here, the X21 isn't a flagship route (profit wise) unlike the X9/X10. it just got new buses as the old ones we're knackered. It definitely doesn't deserve new buses again, the fact is can't hold a night service shows that it isn't one of the most profitable services. Plus the X9/X10 is a totally different route to the X21 and they're only getting replacements as they're wrecked from putting a city bus up and down a 70mph road all day. The X30/31/45/46/47 deserve new buses for once and are arguably more important routes than the X21 which have always generally had new buses on especially the Red Kite's but are getting on a bit now.
I'd have to disagree about the X21.Whilst it was initially launched as a supplementary route, usage has grown to an extent now that it could be considered as a major route. Ok in the short term, GNE have had to scale back the frequency as well as the later journeys (X30 & X70 late journeys also affected so not just an X21 problem). I think going forward that if demand returns, perhaps a 20 minute frequency may be suitable with a 20/40 split to W.Auckland.
Go North East have launched a new system to help passengers know when the buses will be quiet or busy, called "When2travel"

How busy is your bus?
Want to travel on the quiet buses? Check predicted bus capacities before you go!
Choose to travel on the quieter buses for your comfort, safety and peace of mind. When2Travel gives you the information you need when planning your next bus journey – including the latest timetables and up-to-data capacity predictions on a stop-by-stop basis.

https://when2travel.co/gonortheast/search
We're here for when you need us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMcL1Iv2fms&feature=emb_logo
Fleet list updated on GNE site. Surprised to see all but washys omnis not in service
(10 Jun 2020, 9:19 am)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Fleet list updated on GNE site. Surprised to see all but washys omnis not in service

5267/68/70/71 are in service at Chester.
(10 Jun 2020, 11:19 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]5267/68/70/71 are in service at Chester.
And those
Percy mains are in service
Martjin Gilbert on his latest live stream has said next set of changes is probables gonna be around the start of July although he didn't say what they were, i would imagine this is likely to be the services which have temporary dropped in frequency, evening and weekend timetables back to normal - and any NEXUS contract changes.

https://www.facebook.com/100009920923911...9920923911&epa=SEARCH_BOX
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28