North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12 Sep 2019, 7:18 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]All that’s happening is the X24 has been moved onto the 24 registration rather than being on a separate one - like most peak express trips are.

Are the x21/x22 changes at the Southend of the routes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
<p>
(12 Sep 2019, 7:46 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Are the x21/x22 changes at the Southend of the routes? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
</p><p><br></p><p>No, understand the route changes are in Peterlee.</p>
(12 Sep 2019, 7:48 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]<p></p><p><br></p><p>No, understand the route changes are in Peterlee.</p>

Ok, are there taking the x22 out of Pennine drive and put it down burnhope way past the college same as the x21? Or is the x22 swapping in Peterlee with the 22 route? Or am I not close

All I know is that the X21/22 will operate the same route within the Peterlee area.
Also on the X22 there will be other change to route on early and late runs.

Sent from my iPhone 8+ using Tapatalk
(12 Sep 2019, 7:13 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Leave the half hourly 24 alone, X24 is just a waste, every time I see it in the morning it leaves Peterlee/Shotton the same time as the normal 24, if you want to get to Durham a little tiny bit earlier then get the Durham bound bus abit earlier, about time there took the x24 off there’s nowt expressy about it.

Was the fresh air express back when it did a few trips a day, there's a reason why it got cut back again... Just get the 22 if you want a shorter trip from Peterlee Bus Station to Durham
<p>
(12 Sep 2019, 7:13 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Leave the half hourly 24 alone, X24 is just a waste, every time I see it in the morning it leaves Peterlee/Shotton the same time as the normal 24, if you want to get to Durham a little tiny bit earlier then get the Durham bound bus abit earlier, about time there took the x24 off there’s nowt expressy about it.

</p><p><br></p><p>Well said. Another case of thinking about the start and end of a route and not the people catching it in between.</p><p><br></p><p>I don't think the X21 between Sunderland and Peterlee will be missed, though. Looks like GNE won that particular battle.<br></p>
Here's one nobody seems to have picked up on...
(12 Sep 2019, 5:25 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]PB0002717/291 Registered
ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
Route: Hurworth to Teesside Airport
Service number: 12 (12)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 27 Oct 2019

Believe Darlington lose operation of service ED4 as a result of the X21 being curtailed at Peterlee.
<p>
(12 Sep 2019, 8:31 pm)2bagstew wrote [ -> ]All I know is that the X21/22 will operate the same route within the Peterlee area.
Also on the X22 there will be other change to route on early and late runs.

</p><p><br></p><p>The changes to routes on both are said to be in the Peterlee area.</p>
(12 Sep 2019, 9:11 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Here's one nobody seems to have picked up on...

Believe Darlington lose operation of service ED4 as a result of the X21 being curtailed at Peterlee.

I’ve heard a rumour that the ED4 will be linked with 23/24 operations with the curtailment of the X21 at Peterlee only.

<span id="sceditor-start-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="display: none; line-height: 0;"> </span><span id="sceditor-end-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="display: none; line-height: 0;"> </span>
(12 Sep 2019, 9:25 pm)2bagstew wrote [ -> ]I’ve heard a rumour that the ED4 will be linked with 23/24 operations with the curtailment of the X21 at Peterlee only.

I read somewhere that the ED4 is off back to Durham in October, also there will be some more route changes in Darlington when amazon opens, as the new road is open and there’s bus stops along that road
PB0002717/427 Registered
ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
Route: Blackfell to EDC Peterlee Campus
Service number: ED2 (ED2)

PB0002717/474 Registered
ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
Route: North Hylton to Bracken Hill
Service number: ED4 (ED4)

PB0002717/238 Registered
ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
Route: Durham to Newcastle
Service number: X12 (X12)
Service type: Limited Stop

PB0002717/239 Registered
ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
Route: Middlesbrough to Durham
Service number: X12 (X12)
Can somebody tell me the point in curtailing the X21 between Peterlee and Sunderland. Now if someone has to get from Darlington to seaham will have to get an explorer or 2 separate singles or returns or if you're going to Sunderland swap to a longer bus and get an arriva day ticket or a quick bus and get an explorer or separate tickets. They clearly didn't think of that.
<span id="sceditor-start-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="display: none; line-height: 0;"> </span><span id="sceditor-end-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="display: none; line-height: 0;"> </span>
(13 Sep 2019, 9:26 pm)GNE6312 wrote [ -> ]Can somebody tell me the point in curtailing the X21 between Peterlee and Sunderland. Now if someone has to get from Darlington to seaham will have to get an explorer or 2 separate singles or returns or if you're going to Sunderland swap to a longer bus and get an arriva day ticket or a quick bus and get an explorer or separate tickets. They clearly didn't think of that.

The way I’m thinking is that the X21 between peterlee and Sunderland is running at a loss, many people just use any bus to Sunderland rather than the X21 which is one bus a hour, pretty sure at one point the X6 or X7 used to run minutes in front of the X21
<p>
(13 Sep 2019, 11:52 pm)Stuartphin1639 wrote [ -> ]The way I’m thinking is that the X21 between peterlee and Sunderland is running at a loss, many people just use any bus to Sunderland rather than the X21 which is one bus a hour, pretty sure at one point the X6 or X7 used to run minutes in front of the X21

</p><p>The 22/23 will still stop in New Seaham, and anyone wanting access to Peterlee using Arriva will still have the ED4 on the morning...</p>
(14 Sep 2019, 7:07 am)S830OFT wrote [ -> ]<p>
</p><p>The 22/23 will still stop in New Seaham, and anyone wanting access to Peterlee using Arriva will still have the ED4 on the morning...</p>

The 22 and 23 stop in Peterlee anyway, so no need to change buses?
PB0002717/292 Registered
ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
Route: Darlington to Tow Law
Service number: 1 (X1, 1)
Effective date: 26 Oct 2019
<p>
(13 Sep 2019, 9:26 pm)GNE6312 wrote [ -> ]Can somebody tell me the point in curtailing the X21 between Peterlee and Sunderland. Now if someone has to get from Darlington to seaham will have to get an explorer or 2 separate singles or returns or if you're going to Sunderland swap to a longer bus and get an arriva day ticket or a quick bus and get an explorer or separate tickets. They clearly didn't think of that.

</p><p><br></p><p>And clearly you didn't think of the fact that there might not have been many people doing that particular journey, to justify the continued service?</p><p><br></p>
(13 Sep 2019, 11:52 pm)Stuartphin1639 wrote [ -> ]<span id="sceditor-start-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="display: none; line-height: 0;"> </span><span id="sceditor-end-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="display: none; line-height: 0;"> </span>
The way I’m thinking is that the X21 between peterlee and Sunderland is running at a loss, many people just use any bus to Sunderland rather than the X21 which is one bus a hour, pretty sure at one point the X6 or X7 used to run minutes in front of the X21

The 22 running just in front of X21 at Sunderland wouldn’t help the situation either, quite a few times I’ve seen the 22, 23, X21 and X7 all going to Sunderland within a few minutes.
Most passengers mainly pass holders will catch the first bus that turns up, quite a few times I’ve seen the X21 going to and from Sunderland carrying fresh air.
At the moment I do believe that there too many buses going to Sunderland from Peterlee BS.

(14 Sep 2019, 1:16 pm)2bagstew wrote [ -> ]The 22 running just in front of X21 at Sunderland wouldn’t help the situation either, quite a few times I’ve seen the 22, 23, X21 and X7 all going to Sunderland within a few minutes.
Most passengers mainly pass holders will catch the first bus that turns up, quite a few times I’ve seen the X21 going to and from Sunderland carrying fresh air.
At the moment I do believe that there too many buses going to Sunderland from Peterlee BS.

There’s not that many buses between Peterlee and Sunderland, don’t forget there do go different ways between the 2 destinations, back in United days there were practically a bus every 5 minutes on the Peterlee Corridor with United/Northern/OK and JHM Travel

Does anybody know the route changes in Peterlee for the services that are changing?

(14 Sep 2019, 2:26 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]There’s not that many buses between Peterlee and Sunderland, don’t forget there do go different ways between the 2 destinations, back in United days there were practically a bus every 5 minutes on the Peterlee Corridor with United/Northern/OK and JHM Travel

Does anybody know the route changes in Peterlee for the services that are changing?

The vast majority of all the buses that go to Sunderland now do so via Dalton Park with a few local diversions, expect the GNE 55 but who would use that to Sunderland.
The bottom line is all the buses seem to arrive at Peterlee at approx the same time to go to Sunderland then there is nothing for the next 30mins.
It’s similar situation on the Peterlee - Hartlepool sections.
In reality there is not the amount of people traveling to fill all these buses.
A lot of the time the bus companies are just pinching each other’s passengers.