North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(28 Jan 2015, 6:49 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]Would this of been a new timetable, or are they scrapping the service?

EDIT: Whoops! All of the post turned bold!
No, it's the summer registrations as Scott said.

I doubt they would scrap the service when they have just bought B9TLs for it!!
(28 Jan 2015, 4:45 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]PB0002717/363 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Middlesbrough and Scarborough given service number X93 effective from 29-Mar-2015.

PB0002717/386 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Middlesbrough and Scarborough given service number X93 effective from 23-May-2015.

Looks good for an opportunity to submit split registrations for the route to come up with a solution that does not require tachograph working.
Revised 7/7a 15 and 63 timetables are now available to be viewed on the Arriva website. Main changes below

Service 7/7a Stockton to Yarm

The first 4 weekday journeys from Stockton (0628 0648 0708 0728) are retimed to leave Yarm Town Hall 2 minutes earlier towards Willey Flatts, journeys until 0938 retimed to leave Stockton High Street North 2 minutes earlier than present but same time through to Yarm after which journeys will leave Stockton High Street North 3 minutes later than present but 5 minutes later until the 1613 (presently 1610) after which they run 1 minute later than present until the end of service.

Service 15 Roseworth/North Tees Hospital to Thornaby
Journeys during the daytime hours will leave Stand 24 at the Northern End of Stockton High Street 2 minutes earlier than present, while journeys between 1900 and 2100 leave 1 minutes earlier.

Service 63 Redcar to Middlesbrough
Journeys now arrive in Redcar 2 minutes earlier than present, no other changes
Interesting looking X93 registration on VOSA today.

PB0002717/387 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Middlesbrough
Finish Point: Guisborough
Via:
Service Number: X93
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 29-MAR-2015
Other Details: Operates daily, up to every 60 minutes off peak & up to every 30 minutes in peak
Surely they're not going to start changing the number mid route just after getting new branded buses and publicity?!
(31 Jan 2015, 11:58 am)Cock Robin wrote [ -> ]Surely they're not going to start changing the number mid route just after getting new branded buses and publicity?!

It won't be re-numbered, it's just split three times to avoid the need to follow tachograph/EU rules. All that will change is the destination.
Didn't someone comment saying that Arriva doesn't have the same number when splitting the route into 2?, if arriva splitting the X93 then their should of ran the X12 (old X1) as X2 the full route with the split at Durham.
(31 Jan 2015, 12:17 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Didn't someone comment saying that Arriva doesn't have the same number when splitting the route into 2?, if arriva splitting the X93 then their should of ran the X12 (old X1) as X2 the full route with the split at Durham.

An update on this after a conversation with people in the know, the number will remain as X93 across all three parts of the route (splits in Guisborough & Whitby). This comes after confirmation was gained from the authorities over what is and isn't acceptable apparently. I too thought it was a strange time to split it, just after the buses had been fitted with tachographs - but this is why and it makes sense to me. GNE and Stagecoach have got away with it for years of course!
I wonder if we will see any other longer routes renumbered to match on all parts. The 685 would be one that sticks out for me!
(31 Jan 2015, 9:48 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]An update on this after a conversation with people in the know, the number will remain as X93 across all three parts of the route (splits in Guisborough & Whitby). This comes after confirmation was gained from the authorities over what is and isn't acceptable apparently. I too thought it was a strange time to split it, just after the buses had been fitted with tachographs - but this is why and it makes sense to me. GNE and Stagecoach have got away with it for years of course!
I wonder if we will see any other longer routes renumbered to match on all parts. The 685 would be one that sticks out for me!

Have not got away with it, more like reading the rules and the interpretation of them and what the law actually states.

Is there any other Arriva companies do split registrations?
(31 Jan 2015, 9:52 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Have not got away with it, more like reading the rules and the interpretation of them and what the law actually states.

Is there any other Arriva companies do split registrations?

Arriva North East has done it for a good few years now.
Found this post on Facebook - quite humorous! The digs towards Stagecarriage are unreal.

Arriva Cymru used to do it on their 5 & X5 services (Llandudno - Caernarfon) and also the 11 service (Rhyl - Chester) apparently. Not sure if they still do, or if the routes have changed since they first started doing this.
(31 Jan 2015, 10:03 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Arriva North East has done it for a good few years now.
Found this post on Facebook - quite humorous! The digs towards Stagecarriage are unreal.

Arriva Cymru used to do it on their 5 & X5 services (Llandudno - Caernarfon) and also the 11 service (Rhyl - Chester) apparently. Not sure if they still do, or if the routes have changed since they first started doing this.

Ah so to put it in Scott's words....Arriva have got away with it for years as well, no need to single out GNE or Stagecoach then  Big Grin
Of course it's a cheat to get around drivers hours. It may be a perfectly legal loophole, but it's a cheat all the same. Smile
(31 Jan 2015, 10:11 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Ah so to put it in Scott's words....Arriva have got away with it for years as well, no need to single out GNE or Stagecoach then  Big Grin

Whey aye - operators do it up and down the country!
How long has the X1/X2 (Middlesbrough - Newcastle) been around for? Must be since 2009 at least - so they've done it since then.

Have no issues with the legal loophole myself. Driving a round trip on the X9/X10 is no different to driving for three hours on the Q1/Q2, if you ask me.
(31 Jan 2015, 10:03 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Arriva North East has done it for a good few years now.

Moaning about the displays and confusing people, they should see the 21/X21 with buses often displaying just "Peterlee" instead of "Peterlee for Sunderland" was shocked to see an ex demo EcoCity displaying the correct display the other day.

Ah the good old days of the Facebook page when it had the "Arriva Bod" manning the page and had some good discussion before Facebook removed the discussions section of the site and the bod disappeared.
(31 Jan 2015, 10:21 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Ah the good old days of the Facebook page when it had the "Arriva Bod" manning the page and had some good discussion before Facebook removed the discussions section of the site and the bod disappeared.

Aye....'Arriva Bod' works for GNE now  Tongue
What I meant was using the same service number for all parts of a service, like the 685 by Stagecoach or the X7 as a GNE example. Arriva have split service numbers for the last few years 
(31 Jan 2015, 10:39 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]What I meant was using the same service number for all parts of a service, like the 685 by Stagecoach or the X7 as a GNE example. Arriva have split service numbers for the last few years 

Always bewildered me why Arriva didn't bother doing that in the first place... The change in route number adds unnecessary confusion, if anything.
(31 Jan 2015, 10:45 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Always bewildered me why Arriva didn't bother doing that in the first place... The change in route number adds unnecessary confusion, if anything.

I suspect that they were uncertain of the legality, and wanted to stress the difference - which, of course, confuses the passengers.

Another thing that confuses is that Stagecoach break the 685 at Brampton whist Arriva do it at Haydon Bridge.
(31 Jan 2015, 10:48 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]I suspect that they were uncertain of the legality, and wanted to stress the difference - which, of course, confuses the passengers.

Another thing that confuses is that Stagecoach break the 685 at Brampton whist Arriva do it at Haydon Bridge.

Don't Stagecoach also split the 685 at Hexham.
PB0002032/492 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: North Shields
Finish Point: Shiremoor
Via:
Service Number: 900
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 08-FEB-2015
Other Details: Metro Replacement