North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05 Sep 2014, 3:47 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Maybe one from town work?

Unlikely, because they only just have enough for the 2/11/12 once 4809 is back in service.
(05 Sep 2014, 3:46 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]It sounds like the plans have changed again and 3 of the 21/X21 workings will be worked by the ex-demonstrator EcoCitys (which were at last count going on the 75/76) - as for the fourth board who knows.

I can't keep up with were those EcoCitys are going, last time I heard they were going on the 8/8A.

I imagine the forth working will end up being a Pulsar.
(05 Sep 2014, 3:46 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]It sounds like the plans have changed again and 3 of the 21/X21 workings will be worked by the ex-demonstrator EcoCitys (which were at last count going on the 75/76) - as for the fourth board who knows.

If nothing else, at least we know Arriva are decisive! Rolleyes

These buses have gone from the 21 to the 75/76, and now back to the 21/X21, even though there aren't enough buses (unless there are spares from the original batch) to cover the PVR?

On a related note, the 24 due into Park Lane before 1600 came into Park Lane at the same time as the 23, at about 16:05, carrying approximately eight passengers between them.
Highest amount of passengers I've seen today on both of these services when looking out of the window, on walkabout, or to and from town is eight passengers, was eight (six of which were pensioners, one was a student, and one looked to be an adult). Empty buses have been plentiful throughout the day, in and out of Sunderland... Have I made my point yet? Tongue
(05 Sep 2014, 3:55 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]If nothing else, at least we know Arriva are decisive! Rolleyes

These buses have gone from the 21 to the 75/76, and now back to the 21/X21, even though there aren't enough buses (unless there are spares from the original batch) to cover the PVR?

On a related note, the 24 due into Park Lane before 1600 came into Park Lane at the same time as the 23, at about 16:05, carrying approximately eight passengers between them.
Highest amount of passengers I've seen today on both of these services when looking out of the window, on walkabout, or to and from town is eight passengers, was eight (six of which were pensioners, one was a student, and one looked to be an adult). Empty buses have been plentiful throughout the day, in and out of Sunderland... Have I made my point yet? Tongue

Before the 75/76 they were rumoured for the 8/8A.

There aren't any spares as they are needed for the town services.
(05 Sep 2014, 3:54 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I can't keep up with were those EcoCitys are going, last time I heard they were going on the 8/8A.

I imagine the forth working will end up being a Pulsar.

Were first to go on the 21 then that changed and they were going on the 8/8a then they were going on 75/76 already refurbished ready for the MAX upgrade of that route next year. Now they are going back on the 21/X21.
Would the EcoCitys cope on there though... i haven't being on them before, how long is before they need to be re-gassed?
(05 Sep 2014, 6:37 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Would the EcoCitys cope on there though... i haven't being on them before, how long is before they need to be re-gassed?

Well they are currently use the EcoCitys on the 21 on a Sunday although I'm not sure how they'd cope on the normal daytime service when there are more passengers and the buses would be out for longer than they are on a Sunday.
(05 Sep 2014, 6:47 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Well they are currently use the EcoCitys on the 21 on a Sunday although I'm not sure how they'd cope on the normal daytime service when there are more passengers and the buses would be out for longer than they are on a Sunday.

There is 1 vital thing we are missing about the gas buses coming to Sunderland... can anyone guess?
(05 Sep 2014, 3:41 pm)Roland Pratt wrote [ -> ]How come a new reg for the Whitby Park and Ride?

Extended by a week at the request of NYCC

The 21/X21 I believe is to be operated by the Ecocity gas vehicles, and Darlington's operation will have a PVR of 4 as it's an additional vehicle used going to Sunderland. Taking them out of Shotton will save about 10 mins I imagine.
(05 Sep 2014, 8:16 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Extended by a week at the request of NYCC

The 21/X21 I believe is to be operated by the Ecocity gas vehicles, and Darlington's operation will have a PVR of 4 as it's an additional vehicle used going to Sunderland. Taking them out of Shotton will save about 10 mins I imagine.

Will passengers be able to get through tickets to Darlington or Sunderland or will there be a massive layover?

Will stagecoach allow them to fill up the eco's at their gas facility within wheatschef depot, i mean it would be additional payments on arriva's side

Do u think they could cope on the full route?
The new routes into Sunderland are interesting. Arriva testing the water a bit perhaps?
(05 Sep 2014, 8:16 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Extended by a week at the request of NYCC

Add about 5 minutes for the 21/21A to go through Pennine drive and Passfield way since their won't be going straight to bus station from the A19
(05 Sep 2014, 8:42 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Will passengers be able to get through tickets to Darlington or Sunderland or will there be a massive layover?

Will stagecoach allow them to fill up the eco's at their gas facility within wheatschef depot, i mean it would be additional payments on arriva's side

Do u think they could cope on the full route?

It would be an interesting scenario, having to time in a trip to the Wheatsheaf for a fuel stop but I reckon it's highly unlikely. They would probably have to mix the schedules up for them, for instance do a Sunderland run or two then some town work. This would keep them in service all day but ensure they don't run out.
PB0002717/281 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Birtley and Washington given service number 82/83 effective from 02-Nov-2014. To amend Timetable.

It seems like it will still NEXUS ran at certain times
(12 Sep 2014, 9:10 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]PB0002717/281 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Birtley and Washington given service number 82/83 effective from 02-Nov-2014. To amend Timetable.

It seems like it will still NEXUS ran at certain times

That's correct as Arriva retained the contract earlier this year.
On VOSA today.

PB0002717/383 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham and Hartlepool given service number 24/24X effective from 26-Oct-2014. To amend Route.
(16 Sep 2014, 2:40 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]On VOSA today.

PB0002717/383 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham and Hartlepool given service number 24/24X effective from 26-Oct-2014. To amend Route.
Arriva service change for service 24, is that the service will be going via Southway and Helford Road in Peterlee, which was missed off the original registration.
New Durham bus timetables on Durham pinder.
http://durham.pindarcreative.co.uk/announcements.asp
(23 Sep 2014, 4:40 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]New Durham bus timetables on Durham pinder.
http://durham.pindarcreative.co.uk/announcements.asp

Least the X21 is doing a few runs, the new 22 timetable isn't online yet