North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03 Dec 2023, 11:37 pm)peter wrote [ -> ]Changes registered on VOSA to the 1 and 2/2a in Darlington and 28/28a in Middlesbrough from 7th of Jan

mmm where u getting this information from peter Morris
(04 Dec 2023, 4:32 pm)megansmith wrote [ -> ]mmm where u getting this information from peter Morris

Take 5 seconds to open your eyes and read bustimes.org as it's listed there. And how do u know for sure that's Peter Morris
Its not ahaha. Dont know what hes going on about.

(04 Dec 2023, 4:32 pm)megansmith wrote [ -> ]mmm where u getting this information from peter Morris

(04 Dec 2023, 4:49 pm)Aaron21 wrote [ -> ]Take 5 seconds to open your eyes and read bustimes.org as it's listed there. And how do u know for sure that's Peter Morris

Yup, funny thing is, the peter that posted that is not me.
So what is happening with the 28/28A like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just says revised timetable for all three. Would imagine it’ll only be minor tweaks

If services 1, 2/2A in Darlington & 28/28A in Middlesbrough are changing on 7th December then Arriva would of put it on their Facebook page but the thing is Arriva puts all of their service changes up to take place on a Sunday not on a Thursday which the 7th December is a Thursday

(04 Dec 2023, 5:45 pm)Spottybus wrote [ -> ]If services 1, 2/2A in Darlington & 28/28A in Middlesbrough are changing on 7th December then Arriva would of put it on their Facebook page but the thing is Arriva puts all of their service changes up to take place on a Sunday not on a Thursday which the 7th December is a Thursday

7th of January is a Sunday…

Oh crap, my bad, I thought it said 7th December sorry

(04 Dec 2023, 4:51 pm)petermorrisne wrote [ -> ]Its not ahaha. Dont know what hes going on about.

Yup, funny thing is, the peter that posted that is not me.

Enjoy the Streetlites on the 64 64a just where there should be as the 64 killed 1534 should be banned off the x3 64 64a should the pulsars and 1534
(03 Dec 2023, 11:37 pm)peter wrote [ -> ]Changes registered on VOSA to the 1 and 2/2a in Darlington and 28/28a in Middlesbrough from 7th of Jan

Now confirmed: 

Minor changes to the 1 and 2/2a: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/...ton-jan-24 and 28a: https://twitter.com/arrivanortheast/stat...gr%5Etweet
New service 777 registered starting 28th January 2024, between Morpeth and Kingston Park via Newcastle Airport.
(15 Dec 2023, 1:41 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]New service 777 registered starting 28th January 2024, between Morpeth and Kingston Park via Newcastle Airport.

Seriously? Interesting. Temporary? Peak time only?
(15 Dec 2023, 2:26 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]Seriously? 

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/618511/

Looks pretty serious to me.
(15 Dec 2023, 2:32 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/618511/

Looks pretty serious to me.

I wonder if this will be a workers bus or something ?. Interesting new service.
(15 Dec 2023, 2:39 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]I wonder if this will be a workers bus or something ?. Interesting new service.

All day, every day at a regular frequency.
(15 Dec 2023, 3:28 pm)busmanT wrote [ -> ]All day, every day at a regular frequency.

Where did you find this info? 7 days a week? 

Surprised there is demand for it with the Metro (connect at Regent Centre for Morpeth).
(15 Dec 2023, 3:42 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]Where did you find this info? 7 days a week? 

Surprised there is demand for it with the Metro (connect at Regent Centre for Morpeth).

Supported by subsidies? Yes.

Suggests this is a Northumberland BSIP service (i.e not a commercial venture).
(15 Dec 2023, 4:56 pm)RobinHood wrote [ -> ]Supported by subsidies? Yes.

Suggests this is a Northumberland BSIP service (i.e not a commercial venture).

I'm aware it's supported by subsidies and not a commercial venture. Already knew that. Just don't see the point of the service.
(15 Dec 2023, 4:59 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ] Just don't see the point of the service.

You may not, but evidently the council do? 

This creates many direct links that didn't exist previously, and may even supply a new service to some places depending on the route it takes. 

The one thing I'd like to have seen would be an extension to Great Park from Kingston Park at that end.
The Airport have been pushing hard for better links as part of their growth plans (linked to employment) - I wonder if this one of the reasons BSIP are supporting it